Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 133134 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #360 on: September 23, 2016, 03:40:51 pm »

By the way, why do the clones get prosthetics? Wouldn't they get regenerated limbs? Or get taken behind the barn and shot?

Clones are modular & prosthetics are mass produced. It's cheaper to build an arm than a whole person. Then you just amputate and snap the new one into place. CLICK!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 23, 2016, 04:38:52 pm »

the turn will be posted late this evening (probably ten or ten thirty Eastern Standard Time) due to "I gotta do a thing." But I promised a turn today, so it will come, unless i am otherwise detained past my expected time of return.

By the way, why do the clones get prosthetics? Wouldn't they get regenerated limbs? Or get taken behind the barn and shot?

Clones are modular & prosthetics are mass produced. It's cheaper to build an arm than a whole person. Then you just amputate and snap the new one into place. CLICK!
And because cyborg bits are 'cool' 8)

but yeah, they aren't as sophisticated as regenerated bits - call these 'combat replacement parts' or something, whereas the regenerated bits could occur after the campaign, while in transit to the next big thing. And try not to notice that many of these replacement parts look more veteran than you. Seems that 'combat replacement parts' might occasionally outlast their 'combat replacement clone.'

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 23, 2016, 05:50:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gum the chew.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 23, 2016, 05:59:48 pm »

stuff
It doesn't have any relevant information. Just what platoons people that were in the last part go to. It doesn't mention anything about characters (as in, new ones, not just +001 to an existing one) that are new.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 23, 2016, 06:44:26 pm »

Guess you can just go ahead and join whichever platoon you like.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 23, 2016, 08:15:01 pm »

Guess you can just go ahead and join whichever platoon you like.
Or you could ask Ozarck? They do respond to PMs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Ragenaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 23, 2016, 08:41:24 pm »

Unit Number: Ra01
Equipment:Gun. military backpack. Gum. Helmet.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 23, 2016, 11:12:38 pm »

Battle 2: Round 1

Remember, instructions for the next round will be at teh bottom of the turn. everyone be sure to look there for additional info.

Platoon 6
Your ATAPC is moving through a rocky gorge - a rare, relatively sandless place in this region. An enemy stronghold lies ahead, and you aim to make it an Empire stronghold. Your goal is to take the wall (x3), destroy the mortar (x2) and breach the doors!

Platoon 6 GUNBANE
Designation: OcE003
Unit type: Shooter
Health: Healthy

Inventory: ???

Achievements: Mission complete: Antibrick takedown
Classes unlocked: grunt, heavy grunt, soldier, grenadier, point man, shooter, assault gunner
Character points: Honor
Character traits: Band of Bros

Review new Shooter equipment. Keep my head down and scan the horizon for the enemy.
Also, I'm guessing that I wasn't promoted for the last mission? I didn't really accomplish anything.

you weren't promoted. Shooter equipment includes: precision laser, helmet, one unit of armor, pink gum flavored chewing resin, tripod mount for laser, standard backpack.
(1) you turn to look out the nonexistant porthole and bang your head on a bulkhead. You see stars. You are now dazed. this will last 3 turns, so write your status like this: dazed: 3/3 and count down. Make sure you post the 0/3 on the round that happens, so I know it cancelled.

Platoon:6
Designation: Yo002
Unit type: Assault Gunner
inventory:Assault gun, helmet, backpack, gum

character points: Mission: Anti-Brick weapon
character traits: Band of Brothers

Gum my gum  ((Does our health go back up to full after a mission or does it stay the same?))
mmm, that's some nasty gum flavored chewing resin.

Platoon: 6, gunbane
Designation: Fish007 Burn
Unit type: Grenadier
Health: Healthy,
inventory: gun, helmet, backpack, gum, body armor, incendiary grenade, emp grenade, 5 frag grenades
Character points: Gun 'Em Down, everything is a weapon, symbol of bravery, heroic sacrifice

Ride the bike while spraying bullets at the Other Guys/dangerous things.
It's an APC, not a bike, you walnut. (4) you pull out your gun and prepare to fire it, inside the APC full of your teammates/ Lucky for you, Sergeant Oz006 grabs your gun from you, and bitchslaps you across the head before you can kill anyone. You have temporarily lost the privilege of wearing a gun, so mark your status like this: Time-out 3/3. each round you will lose one unit of time out before the Sergeant gives you your gun back. God help us all when you start trying to use your grenades.

Oh. Select two teammates who are rank 'private' to be your firing squadmates.

Zii003, platoon 6
Unit Type: Soldier
Inventory: gun, helmet, military backpack, St Michael the arcangel medal, Arm Patch "Gunbane"
Character Trait: Band of Brothers.
Achievement: Mission complete Antibrick takedown.

Look around and prepare for the inevitable surprise attack
being a soldier, you get one unit of body armor, and a military headset with the unit's frequency dialed in, so you can hear the sergeants from afar.
(6) you are super pumped for this attack that's about to kill you all. If only there were something you could do about it. You look around, at the clowns with you. those gum chewing, gun weilding, nose picking, head clonking, loveable idiots. You're so screwed.

Platoon: 6 "Gunbane"
Designation: Rak002
Unit type: Soldier
Inventory: Gun, Helmet, Armor, Backpack, Gum.
CP: "Honor", "Band of Brothers"

Sing something inspirational!

((Rolls 1 to get CP "Banshee".))
(2) "Shake dat booty! Shake dat ass! Ya baby shake dat booty, shake dat ass!" If only you knew the verses. Or the rest of the chorus. or the notes.

Platoon 6 "Gunbane"
Designation:Zr04
Unit type: Soldier

Inventory: Gun. Helmet. Goggles. Armor. Backpack. Gum.

Character Points: "Honor"
Character Traits: "Band of Brothers"

Ride the vehicle, try to avoid painful death.
Now this guy knows how to follow orders. just for fun, you get a CP: follows orders. Be careful, it's a fragile one.

Platoon: 6 (Gunbane)
Designation: Hat003
Unit type: Pointman
Health: Alive, scarred.

inventory: prosthetic right arm, gun, helmet, backpack, gum, Gunbane armpatch, leatherbound goggles, point man kit.

character points: The ten yard stare
character traits: Band of Brothers
achievements: Mission complete: Antibrick takedown.
classes unlocked: heavy grunt, soldier, grenadier, point man, shooter and assault gunner

Ride the lead walker, keep eyes open for enemy positions.
(3) you sit up front, as far from sergeant Bitchslap as possible, and lean out to look through the cockpit at ... well, you can't really get much of a look out their windows.

Better not let the sergeant hear you call him that.

Unit Number: ynk003 (platoon 6)
Inv: gun, pack, gum, helmet, $20,000 worth of stolen military-grade painkillers, Gunbane patch
Character Points: "chaplain of the damned" "kung fu priest"   
Traits: "Band of Botherers"
Class: Point man

Ride in the thing. Make small-talk and tempt my superiors with DRUGGSSS. They will help with the fear. And the pain. And the long shifts.
Offer them good price, very good price, yes.

beautiful summary which i deleted for space.
(4) the sergeant takes your contraband and gives it to the medics. He spreads a few around the cabin though, so everyone gets 3 units of painkillers. You keep ten units. What kind of what would you like in exchange?

Unit Type: Grunt Demoman.
Unit number: Tigr001 - Platoon 6
Health: Healthy, wounded, maimed. 
Inventory: Gun. Backpack. Gum. Helmet. Demoman shite.
Character Points: Honor; Band of Brothers.

Gum the chew.
(4) it doesn't even taste like death.

Platoon 6 death rolls
Well, you knew this was coming. Enemy fire comes raining onto your position! (1) ... and destroys your AT APC with all hands.
Ouch.
next round, everyone is in one of the sister AT-APCs. One that didn't immediately get immolated by heavier than anticipated antimateriel weaponry. That APC will take evasive maneuvers, stop next to an embankment, and open the back doors for you to get out and find the enemy. So your action should be along the lines of "get out, and look for the target. Try not to die."

Platoon 8
You guys are in airboats, going over the sand, entering a living desert, full of brush, cacti, and lizards. Your target is a herd of dune worms. They are threatening a ... who cares why you have to fight them. Your job is to point the gun, not to know why.

Unit number: Jag004 [platoon 4]
Name: Shut up you sod. No one asked. No one cares.
Inventory: gun, military backpack. Gum
Character point:
endurance: suffocation
character class: tunnel rat.
rank private
Minor wound: 0/5
suffocation: 0/5

Admire the gear that comes with the tunnel rat class….Assuming that tunnel rat has gear. Either way ride on the fan boat and mutter about having better odds of survival back when I was trapped in the hole.
there is no platoon 4. You in 8 now, buddy.

the tunnel rat gets the usual stuff, plus two sidearms for use in tunnels, and a bigass knife for stabbing a bitch. (4) "Doomed, I tell ya. We're all doomed. look at these boats. We're exposed. Look at those cacti. Huge. Gotta be poisonous. Branch! Warned ya, ya fool. And those fan blades will slice a man into bits as soon as look at you. God, I miss choking to death on sand." ((bork's link has the right idea for tunnel rats. if there's something about them that i missed, let me know, if it's relevant.))

Platoon 8
Designation: KH003
Unit type: Grunt
Inventory: Gun, medic bag, Helmet,gum.
Character points Hates bugs, first aid

Check over my bag as we travel. Keep head down.
(2) you start to rifle throug hthe bag, when a belated "branch!" is called from ahead. You duck a bit too late and get knocked on your ass in the boat. You are dazed: 3/3 this will count down one per round, and at 0/3 you will be able to act normally again.

Platoon 8
Designation: Sn001
Health: Peg leg(L)

Inventory: Gun, Gum, Helmet, Military backpack, Goggles

Character points: (not) Darwin's finest

Chew gum to distract yourself from the prospect of imminent death
(2) you accidentally inhale your gum flavored chewing resin, choke on it for a minute, and finally cough it out into the sand, where a lizard immediately swallows it, falls off the cactus it was on, and twitches, laying on it's back, until it goes still. "Oh God! We're next!"

Unit number: Bo004, Platoon 8
Inventory: Gun. military backpack. Gum. Helmet.

Riding in the fanboat, Twiddling my thumbs, Picking the nose, Drinking vodka.
This guy knows how to Navy. (6) You put on an impressive performance with your thumbs up your nostrils and your fingers interlaced. No vodka for you. You take a swig of some Artificial Diluted Rubbing Alcohol substitute, choke a little, and blow most of it out your nose. It stings. take a minor wound and the status: burning nostrils: 5/5. this is a countdown timer and when it hits 0 you will no longer be affected.

Why would I want modern, non steampunk airships? Leave that foolishness to the sprts stadiums and tire companies.

Unit Type: Grunt
Unit number: HC001 - Platoon 7 platoon 8
Health: 1 Scar, Alive
Inventory: Gun. Backpack. Trident Berry Gum. Helmet.

Ride in Airboat. Keep gun at ready. Shoot first enemy that comes into sight.
(5) You peg the largest hornet you've ever seen, blowing it to smithereens. A wing the size of your forearm lands in the boat. The dagger-like stinger goes sailing ,end over end into the scrub brush.

Y'know what the first 'mission' reminded me of? The beach invasion scene from Edge of Tomorrow. But other than that, hi, new character, no idea what platoon I'm in.

Platoon: ???
Designation: CW001
inventory: gun, helmet, backpack, gum.

character points: none
character traits: nope

Stand awkwardly in place trying to figure out where I'm supposed to be.
(5) "sit the fuck down, newbie. You're gonna fall out of the boat!" Well, that answers that.

((That beach scene ... gotta take some notes. I patterned that last mission more on D-Day than anything, but there are definitely similarities!))

Unit Number: Ra01
Equipment:Gun. military backpack. Gum. Helmet.
Welcome to war. Hold on to your ass.

Platoon 8 death rolls
Here we go. incoming! The ground shakes violently below you, and you hear a sound like millions of termites eating their way through hard wood right next to your head. (4) the ground erupts in front of you, and a worm, ten feet tall, bursts out of the ground, spraying your airboat with sand, rock, and bits of vegetation - some of it quite prickly. No one is seriously injured. The airboat takes evasive action and comes to a rest for you to unload and kill. you see other worms erupting from the ground nearby, and other airboats preparing to engage, or getting torn apart by a worm bursting out right below. the screams have begun.

Instructions for next round
Everyone: You don't need to include status markers unless you are actually bleeding, burnt, or asphyxiating (suffocating). bleeding (0/3) means: the gm will now roll to see if you gain a bleedout point. three of those and you die. same with the others.

Platoon 6: basically, just tick your unit number up one, lose any loot and revert to your class' standard kit, and disembark. The enemy is ahead, through a narrow canyon filled with rock pillars. there is a stone wall, and you are tasked with taking that, finding the three mortars, and so forth.

Platoon 8:disembark and shoot the things.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 23, 2016, 11:20:06 pm »

((Does this mean my next character is a corporal? Dang, I was gonna ask for something really cool and useful. Like some face paint.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 23, 2016, 11:22:55 pm »

((Does this mean my next character is a corporal? Dang, I was gonna ask for something really cool and useful. Like some face paint.))
yes, if i had previously said you would get corporal next character. and dang. I would have given that to you. or rather, the sergeant would have had it supplied to ynk003

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 23, 2016, 11:31:06 pm »

Platoon 8
Designation: Sn001
Health: Peg leg(L)

Inventory: Gun, Gum, Helmet, Military backpack, Goggles

Character points: (not) Darwin's finest

Get bitch slapped by my C. O.  for panicking.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 23, 2016, 11:39:01 pm »

Unit number: Bo004, Platoon 8
Inventory: Gun. military backpack. Gum. Helmet.

I retrieve my maker hooks from my backpack, then I jump out of the fanboat onto the worm. If I succeed, I attempt to pry its ring-segments open using the maker hooks, which should allow me to ride it. I then adopt a pose.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 24, 2016, 12:15:31 am »

Platoon 8
Designation: KH003
Health: Healthy Dazed (3/3)
Inventory: Gun, medic bag, Helmet,gum.
Character points Hates bugs, first aid

Oh god why did it have to be bugs!
Climb out of the Airboat and PURGE THE FILTHY BUGS
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 24, 2016, 12:16:27 am »

Platoon:6
Designation: Yo003
Unit type:Grunt
Inventory:gun, helmet, backpack, gum
Character points: Mission: Anti-Brick weapon

Jump off the AT-APC and start crawling to cover.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 24, 2016, 12:39:24 am »

Platoon: 8
Designation: CW001
inventory: gun, helmet, backpack, gum.

character points: none
character traits: nope

Take cover in the airboat and lay down SUPPRESSING FIRE. Preferably with the secondary goal of shooting something shaped like an enemy.
Disembark the airboat and shoot LAY DOWN SUPPRESSING FIRE at the sandworms while running.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 04:31:16 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70