Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132993 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #675 on: November 09, 2016, 01:51:09 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Assuming my being "shot" implies "Shot and killed"))
Arrive at the temporary command structure. Check the quad for any dead Demo-men, and "acquire" thier explosive charges. If successful, begin setting these charges at the base of the enemy command bunker.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Cahillguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 09, 2016, 02:25:56 am »

Spoiler: Last Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CAH003, Platoon 6 (click to show/hide)
Attempt to unjam the gun and then spray at the enemies. If this attempt fails, jump out of the opening to my left (where a wall used to be) and attempt to land gracefully on the floor below.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 05:17:21 pm by Cahillguy »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 09, 2016, 02:43:26 am »

Go up to the top floor and BURN THE OTHER GUYS

Time to get fired up.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 09, 2016, 10:00:58 am »

Rejoin my Platoon. Find a medic and ask or loot them for anti-seizure meds.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 09, 2016, 12:47:13 pm »

Reload my weapon and then look around for a way up not blocked by flames. Activate a fire alarm if none have gone off already.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 09, 2016, 01:31:19 pm »

Call out to the leader of floor three that I want to see who's a better gunslinger..
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 09, 2016, 08:46:36 pm »

Charge up the command bunker and start killing enemies or capturing them if they look important.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 10, 2016, 12:23:19 am »

Question: If I die, I'll lose my supercool cyborg body, right?
I really like my supercool cyborg body.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 10, 2016, 01:05:09 am »

Wake up and turn my pillow fort into a FOB, from which the platoon can launch further attacks.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 11, 2016, 11:19:14 pm »

Battle 2: Round 18

Quad:

USELESS! USELLLLLLLLESS!

Scream for a medic.
(6) you stumble about in crispy agony, until you fall at the feet of a medic, who is wielding an odd, giant syringe with a very wide nozzle. looks like a hose. he promptly hoses you down completely, covering you in a sticky, thick, iridescent goo. It gets everywhere. The medic cuts off what's left of your uniform, and tosses aside what's left of your backpack. Mark those off your inventory. Your wounds are now [treated], but you are naked, goo covered, and a tad sluggish in motion. as Space Jesus intended. Glory to the Empire!

Waaaiit, how did I misread that turn?
Oh well. Let's see...
Retreat a bit into a safer place and continue bombarding the artillery housing with large ballistics. Decide to pitch my "HUD texting" idea to command at some point.
((if you die you lose your cyborg body, but you will still have cybernetic options to choose from.))
(5) You find an emergency shelter and snap the padlock on it, descending into the gloom before turning to shoot again at the throbbing phallic abomination thrusting vulgarly at the sky. (1) The sudden change in light levels is disorienting, and you have to override a couple alert signals. You'll be ready to try again next round.

((Assuming my being "shot" implies "Shot and killed"))
Arrive at the temporary command structure. Check the quad for any dead Demo-men, and "acquire" thier explosive charges. If successful, begin setting these charges at the base of the enemy command bunker.
((shot and killed is correct. I try to specify, but that one slipped by me.))
(2) most of the bodies that are visible in the quad are either charred, or in bits. it's pretty nauseating, really. You can't find a demoman at all. Well, with the ordinance they carry, they probably could be found all over. Just not in any useful quantities.

Quad Death Rolls:
Artillery West fires, almost straight up. it takes a while for the ordinance to reach zenith, pause, and drop. (2) It hits in the Quad, but isn't an instakill. Let's roll for damage.
CW004 'k' got himself into a good cover location and does not even get a roll.
(6) Yo008 is far enough away that all the hit does is harden his fire retardant shell. He is now comically stiff. he can waddle about like the giant Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters, but ... well, there is no but.
(1)HC003, like the demoman he was looking to loot, can now be found all over the place. He's dead.

Artillery West:
Fire blindly into the unit and leave.
(1) your gun overheats and sends up a warning signal. Something is wrong with it.
(1)Two guys run into the bunker in front of you and promptly stagger like drunks before collapsing. You have a moment to wonder at that before falling to your knees just outside the unit.

Run towards the objective. If I see an Other Guytm, shoot him.
(1) you run into artillery west. It's a bloodbath in here, and some odd sound is messing with your balance. you fall over.

Wait for the next group of hollering, slightly suicidal troops to head out and begin hollering with them.
You .... get your character sheet in order. and bold your actions soldier! this is not the interwebs. Reason and calm discourse have no place here.
(6 )you scream like a lunatic, or an Imperial Grunt. Hard to say, they sound so similar. And then you follow the guy above into artillery west, and fall over next to him.

Artillery West Death Rolls:
(5) (6) Zr007 and Sn002 crawl away from the artillery unit as fast as tehir wobbly limbs can carry them, and the disorientation lessens noticably.
(1)Pork001, on the other hand, bleeds out from his eyes, ears, and nose, until his brain is fried. He dies.

Floor 3:
Ran up to floor three and shoot at dudes through walls using fancy pointman sensors. Assuming that I got promoted for being #006, grab Jag and Hat for my squad.
Also; can haz CP for exploding artillery pls?

You do rank to corporal. I suppose you can have ... "shit's on fire, yo!" Or how about "oops ... I meant to do that."
(4) you run up to floor three, avoid stepping into liquid hot, and shoot in the direction your scanners tell you enemy life is: up through the floor. You can't say that you hit anyone, but you won't necessarily tell anyone you missed either.

I am in floor 3 and every enemy there is dead so.

Calmly search a fire extinguisher, if you remember basic safety rules correctly there should be one in every floor.
I remember basic safety. But do The Other GuysTM? And why aren't the fire suppression systems going off anyway?
(2) you see the remnants of the red line indicating a fire extinguisher on the lower alf of a pole over where the building has begun to collapse. That extinguisher is long gone. the other one is on the other side of the flames. Figures.

Reload my weapon and then look around for a way up not blocked by flames. Activate a fire alarm if none have gone off already.
Weapon reloaded. (5) you pull the fire alarm, and the ceiling opens up, dumping a white, foamy mist into the room which quickly coats everything It hardens on many surfaces, including exposed Grunts. the fires fight back, but they are lessening quickly.

Call out to the leader of floor three that I want to see who's a better gunslinger..
(3) you yell at a random corpse about shooting fast and drawing things. The words "man enough" are an oft repeated them e in your tirade. the corpse is suitably cowed by this display, and slumps over into a posture of burnt defeat.

Wake up and turn my pillow fort into a FOB, from which the platoon can launch further attacks.
(4) You wake up, stand up (2) and throw up. Fortunately, yo uget your basket up above your mouth before the nasty happens, but the door to your closet is now a different shade of Office Awful Green.

Floor 3 Death Rolls:
Just gonna roll for the floor collapsing. (1) yep. (3)(3)(2)(2)(1)
Zii008 and Hat008 are both saved from serious injury by their body armor. They both need to remove them from their inventory though, as they are damaged beyond use.
Oce006 is seriously wounded by the ceiling collapsing a bit on him.
Jag005 takes a maiming wound from teh collapse (4) but does not die. Yo can lose two of your damaged limbs, or the one undamaged one. Now, let's see if history really repeats itself for you: roll for entrapment. (2) ahhhhhahahahahahahaha. sorry, you are caught under some rubble. No suffocation or anything though. I'm really sorry, it just ... really bad luck. You can remove one more limb to escape though, if you like. Or just try to use your badass tunnelling skillz.
Ynk005 is killed by the collapse, buried under the rubble

Floor 4

Spoiler: Last Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CAH003, Platoon 6 (click to show/hide)
Attempt to unjam the gun and then spray at the enemies. If this attempt fails, jump out of the opening to my left (where a wall used to be) and attempt to land gracefully on the floor below.
you get the gun unjammed, but you don't have time to spray it at The Other GuysTM. that's the nature of a jam. so let's see about that diving action. (1) it ends badly. As in, you fall to your death on the unforgiving concrete below.

Go up to the top floor and BURN THE OTHER GUYS

Time to get fired up.
THAT WAS A TERRIBLE PUN.

it wasn't too bad as a cheesy action hero line though.
(4) you get to the fourth floor and light up. You set an office chair on fire and drive the Other GuysTM back to the command bunker

Charge up the command bunker and start killing enemies or capturing them if they look important.
(5) You dodge the flames and rubble on floor three, rush up past the flamethrower guy on floor four, and find yourself right next to The Other GuysTM near the Command Room. (2) you fire and miss.

Floor 4 Death Rolls:
(6) KH008 stands there, looking all threatening and nightmarish, and the laser shots fly wide. He is unharmed.
(1)Mar003 on the other hand, is gunned down almost immediately and killed.

Lost:
Platoon: Lost
Unit number: MG001
((Bleeding roll?))

Ow. That smarts.
Maybe I should get this arm fixed before kicking ass. Or whatever comes first, anyway.

Chew gum.
Head That WayTM toward the fighting and exploding, looking for:
-a medic. Remember not to kick the medic's ass, at least until he fixes the arm.
-a gun. To grab and use.
-some Other GuyTM. To kick ass while chewing gum.

you find a medic, who properly treats your broken limb. mark it [treated]

Rejoin my Platoon. Find a medic and ask or loot them for anti-seizure meds.
(3) no seizure this turn. (2) your platoon is fuck-all everywhere. You stagger into the Quad and start shouting for a medic as a building slowly crumbles in the background. None heed your call. In fact, no one acts as if they hear you at all.

Lost Death Rolls:
none this round

Instructions for next round

Those of you who are recording support bug deaths in your h/k stas Support bugs are a minor enemy, so should be tracked separately. Aigre has the right idea.

Everyone:

Quad: Two busted-ass jeeps, on fire. lots of fire. (currently assaulting: )
Artillery West: 1/3 hits. Some weird clock thing is doing something.
Artillery East: Down!
Command bunker: Floor one clear. inventory: one functional jeep with a functional topgun.
Floor two clear.
Floor three: Extinghuised, but rubble.
floor four: Contested
Captured: One (1) corporal.

Newbies: A temporary command structure is in place outside the enemy compound. Spawn there. Walk in.

I will be handing out a very few names at the end of this mission. Petition me via pm. include action(s) that you think would get you noticed enough for a name. Feel free to nominate someone else as well.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 11, 2016, 11:39:09 pm »

Spoiler: OcE006 (click to show/hide)

"No man fuckin' left behind!"
Dig me up a Jag. Call over a medic for him, discharge him from Squad OCEAN, recruit zii to take his place.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 11, 2016, 11:46:20 pm »

Stop being disoriented. Shoot Other Guystm.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 12, 2016, 12:13:56 am »

"Welp."

Lay down on the ground and try to remember the nice, pleasant moments from my birthing tank.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 12, 2016, 12:58:19 am »

Your Nightmare has arrived
End there pitiful lives in flame
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:48:58 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 12, 2016, 01:46:36 am »

Let's try another crazy plan.
Use cyborg legs (and hands if they're needed, I guess) to scale my way up Artillery West and fire a large ballistic into the chamber, then immediately get as far away as possible. (which should be possible thanks to cyborg speed+jumping?) Try not to do this right as it fires.
If getting up to the chamber looks impossible, just stay in shelter and fire a large ballistic at the housing again.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 70