Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132982 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #660 on: November 06, 2016, 09:12:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A Jag doesn't sit out of battle while his comrades die, instead he draws his two sidearms, cuts a nearby tarp into poncho, chews his gum and charges into the battle for floor 3 like a dual wielding badass in a spaghetti western.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 06, 2016, 10:05:00 pm »

...Build a pillow fort in the supply closet and bunker down in here. Mostly so that no-one can make a cheap "coming out" joke as I leave.
Chew gum and ensure my gun is fully loaded.

"Like, if it's not broke, y'know?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 07, 2016, 03:58:31 am »

Action:
You will be stunned next round though., and unable to act. please post that as your action.

Go to my happy place, where there is no war and no bad explosions.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 07, 2016, 04:26:47 am »

(Lets see how good the exterminator class is. If they get something other then flamethrowers then tell me and I'll change my inv and action)

Get back in the fight and get to cooking the Other Guy'sTM out of there command bunker
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 07, 2016, 04:39:54 pm »

Quick! Up the stairs again and start chucking grenades while the Other Guys are distracted.
((Sorry for missing that turn, not that it mattered in this case.))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 07, 2016, 05:50:27 pm »

Would like to Join!

[spoiler]
Platoon 4
Name:Pork
Inventory: Basic Stuff.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 08, 2016, 05:58:27 pm »

Battle 2: Round 17

Artillery West:
Drag Tig004 through the fence.
You are aware that this one is about to go up as well, aren't you? Well, either way, you get Tigr004 into the enclosure with you.
oh, looks like you are it for artillery west. Time to roll for explosions.

Artillery West Death Rolls:
(4) nope. It doesn't kill you all this round.

Floor 3:

...Build a pillow fort in the supply closet and bunker down in here. Mostly so that no-one can make a cheap "coming out" joke as I leave.
Chew gum and ensure my gun is fully loaded.

"Like, if it's not broke, y'know?"
Really? I gave you a fancy hat and everything. (6) well, damn. You get pretty comfortable ... sooo comfortable. Hell, you fall asleep in there. Gonna try and wake up, or think you'll ride out the battle like this?

(how many support bugs equal a regular kill?)

Charge up the command bunker and help assault the command room.
(2) you attempt to follow CAH003 up to the fourth floor, but get clobbered on the third floor. You fire off a shot at the guy who hit you and wound him pretty good.
((just track them separately. But, what I did was roll a number of bugs to die when someone rolled a 3 or higher. For a 5, it was d6 + 2  I think. I might have been inconsistent though. Check the rolls. So on an average roll of 3.5+2, it would be 5.5 bugs per regular kill))

A Jag doesn't sit out of battle while his comrades die, instead he draws his two sidearms, cuts a nearby tarp into poncho, chews his gum and charges into the battle for floor 3 like a dual wielding badass in a spaghetti western.
Yes of course he does. the tarp is even burning a little at the edges, so he is smoking a bit as he makes his entrance. (2) you shoot, but miss. Well, this floor is going down, one way or another! Or ... hopefully not literally.

(Lets see how good the exterminator class is. If they get something other then flamethrowers then tell me and I'll change my inv and action)

Get back in the fight and get to cooking the Other Guy'sTM out of there command bunker

(4 )you get up to floor three and light up. heh heh. (5) oh my. There is screaming, and fire everywhere. You kill four of The Other GuysTM, and set everything aflame. Hmm. Does it bother you that the other Grunts aren't going to easily get through this? Why should it bother you?

Quick! Up the stairs again and start chucking grenades while the Other Guys are distracted.
((Sorry for missing that turn, not that it mattered in this case.))
(4) you get up there and lob a grenade through the flames. You get one kill. Floor three is pretty much in Grunt control. now. Well, except for the whole: being totally on fire)

Spoiler: HC003 (click to show/hide)

Communicate to my squad mates via sign language that we should join the assault on the command bunker. Join the assault on floor three. Treat the bad guys like support bugs, and gut them via my bayonet.

(2) you wave at the various fools stumbling about, digging their fingers into their ears, to no avail. no one sees you. Ah well, time to go kill someone. (3) you charege up teo floor three just as The Other GuysTM are starting to regroup. You thrust your bayonet, but it is deflected.

enter the enemy command bunker and aid my allies
(6) you run on up to the third floor and right into a squad of The Other GuysTM. You shoot one of them dead, but are surrounded, and will take two death rolls this round. Here's hoping that armor holds up.

Floor 3 Death Rolls:
Mar002 is shot and killed
Hat008 gets burned by the falmethrower guy. He gets a serious wound, but no burn counter.
HC003 is likewise shot in the battle
Zii008 is protected by his armor. Strike that armor through so I know it has taken a hit.

Floor 4
Spoiler: Last Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undeath of CAH002 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CAH003, Platoon 6 (click to show/hide)
Charge up to Floor Four, and shoot as many of The Other GuysTM in the head.
just gonna try and skip floor three eh? (6) you get up, dodging through the combat that has begun on floor three and rushing up the stairs to floor four. You are alone, exposed, and facing opposition. There is a hot wind blowing from the left, where a wall and ceiling used to be. You raise your gun, try to control your breathing and (1) -click- That's a problem. What did you do? gotta fix that shit quick!

Floor 4 Death Rolls:
(4) CAH003 takes some disorganized laser fire from The Other GuysTm and gets winged a bit. It's pretty minor though.

Quad:

Gruuuuunt! Gruuuunt! Get me a medic you useless waste of flesh!

Start limping towards the Quad.
I'm not even rolling for him hearing you or not. He doesn't. Wait, let me rolls something else: (6) well, yes, that is what you shout.that, and numerous semicreative curses. Looks like that standard grunt curseword training course is paying off. By the way, those serious wounds should have the [burnt] tag. (2) anyway, you limp two steps and fall down, right next to the corpse of the flamethrower guy. good news is, you started in the quad, so you succeeded with a failed roll.

So I'm editing my action because as it turns out I completely misread the turn.
This:
1.) Switch to infrared vision and survey the area for hostiles. And determine where I am.
2a.) If I'm near the other wounded people and there are other enemies outside, deploy lasers, and protect area.
2b.) If I'm by myself and there are enemies outside, retreat to higher less-explodey ground, fire small ballistics at them.
2c.) If I'm by myself and there are no enemies outside, switch to regular sight and try firing a large ballistic at the barrel of Artillery West. Try to avoid making the whole thing explode.

apparently, you are still misreading the turn, since you are trying to switch to infrared. You do so, and HOLY SHIT! SHIT"S ON FIRE, YO! Like, fully half of your line of sight is burning. You doubt strongly that there are any hostiles in there. Now, as for determining where the hell they are: Wel, you already know that there are none in the quad, since it was pretty well teeming with your fellow Grunts - the fleshy ones, not like you in your glorious metal body. So where could they be? (4) the command bunker! yes. that is a worthy target indeed.

But first: You switch back to normal vision and look over at the part of the compound not currently on fire. (3) You fire a large grenade at the artillery unit. it deflects a bit, but the explosion still damages the housing, so that unit is at 2/3 destroyed.
Oh, and I need to make a minor correction. Your damage taken was absorbed by one layer of armor, so you have one layer left, and your limbs are fine.

"Holy shit that was loud!"

Search for another medic. Show them my injury and hope they understand.
(4) you find a medic applying salve to his own ears with a sponge. he sees your wound and treats it. mark it as treated.

((I'm on 006 now, which means I go up to Corporal and unlock a new class, right? Let's unlock Comms.))

Get to floor 1, and establish a connection with the brass.

I have no idea why I chose that, that sounds so boring. For now respawn as point man, and I'll figure out the class to unlock later.
Okay, point man it is. You enter the gate and look around. There's fire to the left, a big ol' gun to the right, a command center, partially deconstructed, to the front, and you are stuck in the middle with these fools.

Would like to Join!

Platoon 46
Unit type: Grunt
Name:Designation: Pork001
Welcome to hell Pork001

Quad Death Rolls:
You all manage to stay out ofthe flames and not stab yourselves in the eyes with your Military General Issue Polymer Eating Utensils this round.

Lost:
Platoon: Lost
Unit number: MG001
Unit type: Grunt

Ow. That smarts.
Button the sleeve to the BDU chest pocket button eye so the broken arm won't flail about.
Keep chewing gum and looking for an Other GuyTM to kick their butts. (Since we're at it, also look for a gun). Maybe That WayTM I might find some.

(1)Moving that maimed arm causes you great pain. You black out for a minute. Hmm, take an internal bleeding counter: 0/5. Tick it up each round, but remind me to roll each round as to whether it abates or not.

Action:
You will be stunned next round though., and unable to act. please post that as your action.

Go to my happy place, where there is no war and no bad explosions.
Alright, you will be able to act next round as normal. (4) at least, for a moment, you were back in your Standard Issue Grunt Bunk, reading a Hawt Clones Weekly. But the moment has passed, and the image clears, leaving you in the midst of mayhem once more.

Lost Death Rolls:
none this round

Instructions for next round

Those of you who are recording support bug deaths in your h/k stas Support bugs are a minor enemy, so should be tracked separately. Aigre has the right idea.

Everyone:

Quad: Two busted-ass jeeps, on fire. lots of fire. (currently assaulting: )
Artillery West: 1/3 hits. Some weird clock thing is doing something. (Currently assaulting: Zormod, Tig004)
Artillery East: Down!
Command bunker: Floor one clear. inventory: one functional jeep with a functional topgun.
Floor two clear. (Currently assaulting: Fish009)
Floor three: Clear, but on fire.
floor four: in enemy hands. Command Room: located.
Captured: One (1) corporal.

Newbies: A temporary command structure is in place outside the enemy compound. Spawn there. Walk in.

I will be handing out a very few names at the end of this mission. Petition me via pm. include action(s) that you think would get you noticed enough for a name. Feel free to nominate someone else as well.

holy crap that was a long post

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 08, 2016, 06:17:01 pm »

Platoon: Lost
Unit number: MG001
((Bleeding roll?))

Ow. That smarts.
Maybe I should get this arm fixed before kicking ass. Or whatever comes first, anyway.

Chew gum.
Head That WayTM toward the fighting and exploding, looking for:
-a medic. Remember not to kick the medic's ass, at least until he fixes the arm.
-a gun. To grab and use.
-some Other GuyTM. To kick ass while chewing gum.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 06:35:32 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 08, 2016, 06:21:54 pm »

USELESS! USELLLLLLLLESS!

Scream for a medic.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 08, 2016, 06:26:54 pm »

Waaaiit, how did I misread that turn?
Oh well. Let's see...
Retreat a bit into a safer place and continue bombarding the artillery housing with large ballistics. Decide to pitch my "HUD texting" idea to command at some point.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 08, 2016, 06:30:54 pm »

Run towards the objective. If I see an Other Guytm, shoot him.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 06:45:15 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 08, 2016, 06:32:31 pm »

Ran up to floor three and shoot at dudes through walls using fancy pointman sensors. Assuming that I got promoted for being #006, grab Jag and Hat for my squad.
Also; can haz CP for exploding artillery pls?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 08, 2016, 06:39:48 pm »

Would like to Join!

[spoiler]
Platoon 4
Name:Pork

Wait for the next group of hollering, slightly suicidal troops to head out and begin hollering with them.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 08, 2016, 06:43:33 pm »

Fire blindly into the unit and leave.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 08, 2016, 09:37:55 pm »

I am in floor 3 and every enemy there is dead so.

Calmly search a fire extinguisher, if you remember basic safety rules correctly there should be one in every floor.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 70