Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 133038 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2016, 04:51:33 pm »

Jags have accomplished absooulutylly nothing of note except for being buried under the sand for quite a few turns and getting the char point:

endurance: suffocation

And mostly digging themselves out, only had help for one point of dig out.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 19, 2016, 04:53:32 pm »

How is an achievement different from a character point?

By "scout", do you mean pointman? There's no scout class in your list.

Could you just list all the classes unlocked for Platoon 6?
an achievement is a ... I guess it's a mission parameter that has been completed, and is accessable by a group rather than by individual characters. Plus, they don't go away. You carry them throughout the game. By scout I mean pointman, sorry.

the classes platoon six unlocked are heavy grunt, soldier, grenadier, point man, shooter and assaulkt gunner. All the basic infantry units.

I'm asking of privilege of adding my name before the designation (so that combined, it forms my forum name)!

Edited profiles to take attention of two 'progenitor' lines. I've combined points and traits into notes, though, because of clutter.
Sure, fine. You good with the progenitor lines, or do you fel it unnecessarily complicates it?

Jags have accomplished absooulutylly nothing of note except for being buried under the sand for quite a few turns and getting the char point:

you unlocked the class - tunnel rat, though.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 19, 2016, 04:58:25 pm »

Platoon: 6?
Designation: Fish007 Burn
Unit type: Grenadier
Health: Healthy,
inventory: gun, helmet, backpack, gum, body armor, incendiary grenade, emp grenade, 5 frag grenades?
Character points: Gun 'Em Down, everything is a weapon, symbol of bravery, heroic sacrifice

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Is this right? I feel like I have made a mistake somewhere.))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 05:17:52 pm by vishdafish »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 19, 2016, 05:01:21 pm »

No, its good. Although Rak002 would need to achieve something more meaningful to reach Rak001  :)

I'm thinking of naming their descendants Rak00x-y. Or is Rak101 (progenitor (00)1, unit 01) better?

((vishdafish, I think you killed more. And you saved, like, nearly two platoons worth of grunts with Fish00x efforts.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 19, 2016, 05:15:28 pm »

((Edited sheet slightly. Also, just checked again, I have only killed one other guy directly. Have wounded 2 tho.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 19, 2016, 05:35:21 pm »

you unlocked the class - tunnel rat, though.
Ah, thought I hadn't gotten it yet, cool.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 19, 2016, 07:23:07 pm »

Unit number: Bo001

After dropping on planet Dusty 1, Bo001 sustained extensive shrapnel wounds to the right side of his body. Bo001

immediately diagnosed the condition and successfully stabilized.

After the brick hit, Bo001 was dazed for a while.

Bo001 regains use of his faculties and calls out for a medic. one of the few surviving medics discovered Bo001 and

performed field surgery, restoring fighting effectiveness to minor. (does this count as a character point?)

Machine gun fire strikes Bo001's testicles, destroying them. Bo001 makes a final attempt to strike the machine gun nest

before dying, endangering his comrades in the process. (does this count as a character point?)

Unit number: Bo002
Platoon: 4.
Inventory: Gun. military backpack. Gum. Helmet.

Bo002 the candy striper attempts to spread hugs and drugs to any wounded nearby. Bo001 finds and partially heals

Yo001. Bo002 receives a serious wound to the right arm.

Disoriented, Bo002 attempts to heal Yo001, but Yo001 moves on. Bo002 finds Cr001 and stabilises a maimed limb. Bo001

receives another serious wound.

Bo002, disoriented, drops to the ground and attempts to heal his wounds, accidentally severing an artery. After several fumbling attempts, Bo002 bleeds out.

Unit number: Bo003 Platoon: 7.

Bo003 I calmly exits the brick, chew his gum, and attempts to capture a machine gun nest. He engages the enemy in general melee, receiving a serious gunshot wound in the process. An enemy gunner is shot, allowing Bo003 to seize the machine gun and use it as a club. 1 enemy is disabled, 1 enemy is bludgeoned to death, but Bo003 is stabbed in the back. Condition: Uncertain.

Did I receive any character points?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 20, 2016, 06:33:57 pm »

Sorry for the delay, guys, but work is kinda beating me up. I'll be starting a new mission on Friday evening. One thread, I think, though I will have you divided into two platoons, accomplishing two different objectives. I'll probably be pretty tired, so there might be spelling errors or what not, but at least I'll get it started.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bo003 is dead. the stabbing was fatal. I don't recall giving you any character points, either. I'm sure you would have noted it if I had.

hmm. Were you attempting to unlock medic?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 21, 2016, 11:43:35 am »

Spoiler: current (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: previous (click to show/hide)

I have a couple of questions, though:
1. The Platoon 6 unlocked classes list at the end of the last turn is different from the one listed later. I assume the more recent one is correct?
2. Can we change to an unlocked class now, or should we wait for our next character to do so?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 21, 2016, 04:41:52 pm »

The recent one is the correct one. You may switch to an unlocked class.

all those who were maimed but lived receive some handy dandy (or leggy meggy) prosthetics.

For the next round, Platoons 4 and 7 are reorganized into Platoon 8, for simplicity. SO, ewveryone in platoons 4 and 7 are now in platoon 8.

Platoon eight will be riding some fanboats (like those swamp boat things, but over the sand) into your next assignment. there will be cacti. And also possibly Dune Worms. And maybe, if you're very lucky, those shouty wrist things. From the movie. You know, the shouty wrist things. The things. Yeah, those.

Platoon seven six (durr. Oops) will be riding more standard AT-APCs (kinda like AT-Ats only not retarded). You will be going into a rocky hilly area to bring civilization to the hillfolk.

Post your character and your action, which should include a variant of "ride the thingy, try not to die."
yes, you will be taking fire. or getting eaten by worms. or catching a cold. I don't know, maybe a little food poisoning?

Turn will be posted Friday!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:11:38 pm by Ozarck »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 21, 2016, 04:54:57 pm »

Uh... Question is: can I play both chars but on different missions?

Also, you should have meant platoon six, "Gunbane", riding on AT-APCs? Because platoon seven got included into platoon eight.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:13:33 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 21, 2016, 04:55:17 pm »

For the next round, Platoons 4 and 7 are reorganized into Platoon 8, for simplicity. SO, ewveryone in platoons 4 and 7 are now in platoon 8.

[...]

Platoon seven will be riding more standard AT-APCs (kinda like AT-Ats only not retarded). You will be going into a rocky hilly area to bring civilization to the hillfolk.
I assume that you mean Platoon 6 GUNBANE here, as there is no more platoon 7.

Platoon 6 GUNBANE
Designation: OcE003
Unit type: Shooter
Health: Healthy

Inventory: ???

Achievements: Mission complete: Antibrick takedown
Classes unlocked: grunt, heavy grunt, soldier, grenadier, point man, shooter, assault gunner
Character points: Honor
Character traits: Band of Bros

Review new Shooter equipment. Keep my head down and scan the horizon for the enemy.
Also, I'm guessing that I wasn't promoted for the last mission? I didn't really accomplish anything.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 21, 2016, 05:05:03 pm »

Platoon:6
Designation: Yo002
Unit type: Assault Gunner
Health: Healthy
inventory:Assault gun, helmet, backpack, gum

character points: Mission: Anti-Brick weapon
character traits: Band of Brothers

Gum my gum  ((Does our health go back up to full after a mission or does it stay the same?))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 10:28:44 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 21, 2016, 05:10:53 pm »

Platoon: 6, gunbane
Designation: Fish007 Burn
Unit type: Grenadier
Health: Healthy,
inventory: gun, helmet, backpack, gum, body armor, incendiary grenade, emp grenade, 5 frag grenades
Character points: Gun 'Em Down, everything is a weapon, symbol of bravery, heroic sacrifice

Ride the bike while spraying bullets at the Other Guys/dangerous things.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 21, 2016, 05:26:11 pm »

Unit number: Jag004 [platoon 4]
Name: Shut up you sod. No one asked. No one cares.
Inventory: gun, military backpack. Gum
Character point:
character class: tunnel rat.
rank private
Minor wound: 0/5
suffocation: 0/5

Admire the gear that comes with the tunnel rat class….Assuming that tunnel rat has gear. Either way ride on the fan boat and mutter about having better odds of survival back when I was trapped in the hole.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 70