Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132463 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #1020 on: February 03, 2017, 05:24:45 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"but the dru- mutants yes mutants" follow HC007
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 03, 2017, 04:18:46 pm »

Begin a fighting retreat.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 03, 2017, 05:32:47 pm »

Use heavy hearing, hear out other noises(Those freaky Chimera things.).
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 04, 2017, 06:33:18 pm »

Battle 3: round 19

Spoiler: Re004 (click to show/hide)

"SSGGGRRR."

Spray bullets at the hostiles, covering Zr009's tactical retreat. Kill as many of the enemy as I can before ducking behind cover again. Put murdering the enemy in top priority, even above self-preservation.
they round the corner. you fire. one goes down. You keep firing. they advance. You keep firing. another goes down. You keep firing. They charge! You keep firing. (1) you are hit several times. You keep firing. you go down, finger still on the trigger. you get a CP: to the last breath. You get three kills.

Begin a fighting retreat.
(6) You fire in unison with Re004 as The Other GuysTM round the corner. They move forward into your fire. You drop one. they get closer and you pull back, firing as they come. Re004 goes down. You take out the one who shot him and duck behind a corner. The last of them rounds the corner (1) You both fire, and you both fall. Floor three is cleared once more.

Continue firing.
(1) your weapon overheats. You drop it and blow on your fingers. Your weapon is all muddy. (1) you reach down to pick it up, and when you rise again, you are face to face with something about eight feet tall. It lunges at you like something out of last week's terrible b movie marathon. You are killed.

Spoiler: HC007 (click to show/hide)
Call out to the other grunt. "Join us brother! The Grunt tide gathers momentum!"
Keep sprinting through the ziggurat, looking for enemy lines to break into.

((Receives +1 to next attack action))

Spoiler: 021 (click to show/hide)
"Where they at, where they at?!  Let me at um!!"
Follow HC007's charge.

((Receives +1 to next attack action))

"but the dru- mutants yes mutants" follow HC007

(3) you guys find a large, locked door to the east and assault it with vigor. (6) Heavy, thick space steel and complicated locking mechanisms are no match for lots and lots of firepower and grenades. Ears ringing, you celebrate your victory! the tunnel behind hte door collapses in on istelf. Gosh, I sure hope there weren't any grunts back thataway, looking ot be rescued ro man experimental monster pit or anything.

Use heavy hearing, hear out other noises(Those freaky Chimera things.).

You use your Heavy eyes and look around. there are half a dozen in sight right now. apparently, you weren' t the only one able to claw hisr way out of the Pits.

floor -1 mostly cleared.
outside - wandering chimerabominations
Floor 1-4 clear
Floor 5 - in enemy hands.

The Word comes form on high: the ziggurat has been cleared. the techs are on their way to document everything and do their sciency fictiony stuff. You guys enjoy a few glorious hours of 'loot everything you can carry,' and a relaxing afternoon of random monster shooting before the area is declared secure and you are marched to your evacuation Bricks - several miles throug hteh unforgiving swamp. Why they couldn't land right next to the ziggurat is anyone's guess. An officer made the decision though, so you only complain in hearing of fellow Grunts. Upon boarding the Bricks, you are summarily divested of all your newfound loot. Oh, maybe an item here, an article there got through. But you aren't saying. A good grunt is a dead Grunt knows when to keep his mouth shut and keep his loot. And then you return to the cold, loveless embrace of space, and the familiar sights, sounds, and smells of the Grunt Holds.

Alright. the game will be on hiatus for about two weeks, maybe. In the meantime, feel free to make comments, suggestions, complaints, fan art, and donations to my Patreon. I don't have a Patreon, so someone get on that, too. I'll respond to things in this thread in the meantime. what I am going to try to do is organize a few things and make it easier to track with some Character progression things. i intend to continue in this thread, with a new OP, linked to the original, and with your characters as you left them, if you all are still interested.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 05, 2017, 02:29:23 pm »

Yes, am very interested. Also, can I count the door as a kill?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: February 05, 2017, 03:41:29 pm »

Yes, am very interested. Also, can I count the door as a kill?
This made me grin, so sure, why not?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 18, 2017, 10:27:07 am »

(This still going on and can I join?)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 18, 2017, 10:33:17 am »

Currently on hiatus. I'll let you know when/if it gets up and running again.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: February 18, 2017, 11:19:58 am »

Currently on hiatus. I'll let you know when/if it gets up and running again.
Okee
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 14, 2017, 11:02:57 pm »

You guys interested in getting this game going again?

If so, there are a couple ways we can go:
a) the same, chaotic, messy silliness as before.

b) I can essentially reboot with a more organized system of classes and character points and ranks. This one means that some things from the original would get lost, but overall it would be the same.

c) I can attempt to organize all the various bits I already made into a more coherent whole. This one is the most work.

d)???

In any case, if I run this again, everyone will retain their class and rank from before. Other things too, as long as they fit in the new system.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: June 14, 2017, 11:26:47 pm »

D or A
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: June 14, 2017, 11:45:06 pm »

B
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:44:08 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 14, 2017, 11:55:45 pm »

Personally I think that people should lose their class and rank when they die and go back to being a grunt. That way they can spend more quality time being totally expendable and dying lots.

B

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 15, 2017, 05:53:06 am »

B
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 15, 2017, 01:18:39 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70