Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Folstag University of Magic (Between Light and Shadow)  (Read 53921 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Folstag University of Magic (Fire Hazard)
« Reply #405 on: October 04, 2016, 04:03:48 am »

"Fascinating! And congratulations on being a legendary... thing, Honoka!

...er, what does this mean for Honoka's magical training, though? Can she even manipulate life with a Serro?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 04, 2016, 04:31:07 am »

"She should have a Me as well. It isn't like being a Dwarf..."
"Does it have to do with... anchors?"
"I'm surprised you know! One of your Kahigan must always be busy anchoring your soul to your body. That means you can't use all of them at once. You have to choose which one."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 04, 2016, 04:43:07 am »

"I wonder how roots would look like on a rat..."

Pay attention on what Notabat is babbling. What other plants there are in addition of flowers and grass?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 04, 2016, 04:48:10 am »

"Ooh, interesting. A Kahigan to anchor your soul...

Are we likely to have our next lesson soon?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 04, 2016, 10:06:25 am »

"What about...Buildng like you'd build a house?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 04, 2016, 10:37:36 pm »

Cast Firaburz, then Jetsha.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 05, 2016, 02:27:10 am »

Update 22

Cast Firaburz, then Jetsha.

You cast Fire Burst, and engulf yourself in flame. Then Jet causes the flame to collimate itself into a beam [-] that shoots out into the horizon, never to be seen again. It took all your flame with it. Phooey.

Trying again, you notice that as the flame disperses upon hitting a target, the Jet recollects the stray fire and forces it again into the beam. You can focus the jet just like you focused the zoom.

"What about...Buildng like you'd build a house?"

"Ah, but the beauty of casting a spell is that the elements and spells work their own magic. It requires no further input. What you are describing is more akin to Human Transmutation, a more directed approach to creating life, rather than spellcasting. For the most part, it is impossible to create Life from its components in a spell.

Though that is not to say humans cannot create life through casting spells. Humans can conjure all the elements by spell, though it depends on the surroundings. It is easier to conjure Life in a forest, for example, or Water on an ocean, Fire in a city lit by torches, or Shadow in the night."

"Ooh, interesting. A Kahigan to anchor your soul...

Are we likely to have our next lesson soon?"

Honoka seems excited, and eventually she gets it, though she seems markedly different. Almost... mad with power, it feels?

"Indeed. For the next step, we will focus on Natural Healing. That is, bolstering a lifeform's ability to heal itself. We'll try it with plants, first, and move on to more complicated subjects such as insects in the future.

Natural Healing depends on the connection of a living soul to its body. Without the soul, there is no energy to facilitate the healing. But by forcing energy from the soul to go toward healing, you can make even plants heal, though they are not normally capable of using magic. As for the process, you might have already deduced part of it. Do you think it would be unusual for humans to be the only creatures with souls bound to their bodies by Kahigan?"

"I wonder how roots would look like on a rat..."

Pay attention on what Notabat is babbling. What other plants there are in addition of flowers and grass?

He's mentioning some Elf-sounding stuff. Something about all life having an alignment, something that binds their genes to their bodies. This tends to affect anatomy. Plants bound by the Life Kahigan, 'Vi,' tend to sport natural growths like flowers, buds, leaves, and roots. Plants bound by the Earth Kahigan 'Au', such as trees, grow woody trunks and branches, though they share a lot of similar Genes. There are seven main categories, one for each element:

Life   (Vi) : Vegetation and leafy plants
Earth  (Au) : Trees and woody plants
Water  (Hi) : Seaweed and corals
Fire   (Vo) : Dry plants such as cacti and volcanic shrubs
Wind   (Ni) : Clouds
Shadow (Ku) : Mushrooms and fungi
Time   (Di) : Stars and celestial objects
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 02:30:07 am by _DivideByZero_ »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 05, 2016, 02:30:55 am »

"I guess gunpowder being common does provide a way for non-mages to hold their own against mages. Especially due to the range issues most mages have. It certainly helps force mages into doing good-will, and not greedy or power hungry take-overs."

"Still, the point stands that if gunpowder is simply thrust into the market, it becomes trivial for anyone to use it for whatever purpose they want."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 05, 2016, 02:33:02 am »

"So where do animals fit in that categorization?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 05, 2016, 03:02:30 am »

"I guess gunpowder being common does provide a way for non-mages to hold their own against mages. Especially due to the range issues most mages have. It certainly helps force mages into doing good-will, and not greedy or power hungry take-overs."

"Still, the point stands that if gunpowder is simply thrust into the market, it becomes trivial for anyone to use it for whatever purpose they want."

"Lo and behold, an equalizer against the magicians. As gunpowder continues to circulate, it will quash fears over the reign of magicians!"
"But gunpowder can also be used against the state. I suspect most of them will restrict its ownership and stockpile it for military use. It will be the same situation as we have now with magic, except that gunpowder is easier to regulate than magic..."

"So where do animals fit in that categorization?"

"Animals?"
Nabul seems to be holding back.

"They vary. Actually, some animals share Kahigan with the humans'. There's a few divisions. Birds usually have Sha, while the simpler creatures, the lizards and snakes, have the Go. Beasts are bound by the Sa Re, similar to the Me and Eyu, but more primitive. Very few animals are bound solely by the Me--intelligent creatures, like yourself, have the Me, but also come with other Kahigan. Those that come to mind are the monkey and the ape. The animals bound by the Eyu include the faeries and other semi-intelligent ones."

In list form,

Go    : Reptiles, amphibians, fish of the sea
Sha   : Birds of the air
Sa Re : Beasts, cats, dogs, other mammals
Me    : Mammals, troglodytes
Eyu   : Faeries, unicorns, mystical creatures

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:06:46 am by _DivideByZero_ »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 05, 2016, 03:17:23 am »

"It would if they weren't the only ones known to use magic, but I see what you mean. I'm afraid I don't see how that helps, though."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 05, 2016, 04:09:34 am »

"It would if they weren't the only ones known to use magic, but I see what you mean. I'm afraid I don't see how that helps, though."

"Sorry, old habit. It hasn't been long since we've started accepting freshmen from out-of-region.

The idea is to cause energy to flow through that Kahigan. Specifically, we want it to act as a conduit for genetic energy. Genes contain very little magical energy themselves, but the soul is able to maintain a gene if properly connected and backfill with creative energy. By connecting a gene to the Kahigan binding the soul to the body, you can cause that energy to flow into the body. It's must like what happens when a child is born: energy flows from the mother into the child, but only those creative energies which are necessary for the creation of another being."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 05, 2016, 04:14:08 am »

"A-Alright, I think I understand..."

I assume we're being given wounded plants to "heal?" Try using my Sa Re to pull out the genetics, but only enough to hook them into the Kahigan... which I assume I'll be able to find by looking for something that isn't body and isn't soul, but is touching both.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 05, 2016, 11:17:19 am »

"So magic pulls from its surroundings."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 05, 2016, 01:20:30 pm »

Can I feel my own genetics? No touching or changing anything, just observing.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35