Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: Folstag University of Magic (Between Light and Shadow)  (Read 53934 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Folstag University of Magic (Fire Hazard)
« Reply #360 on: September 25, 2016, 05:35:41 am »

"Feels interesting. Perception is all over the place."

Let's poke some more, get feeling of the whole, feeling of details. Maybe try moving those... things.

"By the way doctor Notabat, you said you don't have Me. How do you then modify life?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 25, 2016, 07:52:14 am »

Okay, so Kahigan+staff results in an instant telescope. Interesting.

Move the Kahigan in and out slightly to see if that affects the magnification.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 25, 2016, 09:29:37 am »

Life, Earth, Time?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 25, 2016, 12:30:39 pm »

+Plus that spell (Jet)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 03:06:43 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 25, 2016, 03:52:28 pm »

"One could argue that power struggles are perfectly rational, at least to some. States and nobles do it all the time, which similarly disastrous results over a much wider area. The problem lies in that two small scale gangs managed to destroy an entire city in their squabbles."

"If mages seek to gain wealth and power, instead of better their fellow people, then Carazhan can happen again, and again. That's simply how humans work."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 25, 2016, 03:53:10 pm »

Hook my Sa Re into the wooden table!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 25, 2016, 04:22:13 pm »

+Plus that spell (Jet)
(Oh, shoot, didn't see that.)

Try using the Kahigan to gently push at the spell.
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 25, 2016, 11:06:33 pm »

I don't see any pure sand around so I'll try a different approach. Try mixing available earth with fire. About 5-10% earth to 95-90%. Form it around my staff making circle motions and conduct the fire into it with my Sha.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 25, 2016, 11:48:49 pm »

Update 19

"Feels interesting. Perception is all over the place."

Let's poke some more, get feeling of the whole, feeling of details. Maybe try moving those... things.

"By the way doctor Notabat, you said you don't have Me. How do you then modify life?"

"Me is for humans. Others, like elves, and me, have the Eyu. Actually, we have two. They work similarly, but explaining all of the differences would take time.

In simple terms, Eyu is more finely attuned with nature... they way they say it in your language. Your Me acts as a sixth sense, but for us, we use the five senses as they are in nature, and are connected to it. Humans are artificial, we are natural."

Poking around more inside the, err, flower, you notice that you can grab the bead-like thing. You see nothing happen visually, so it's possible you are actually modifying the flower!
Poking further, you feel something deeper, something almost warm to the touch (indeed as natural a feeling as touch).

Hook my Sa Re into the wooden table!

Your Sa Re enters the wooden table, and surprisingly enough, you manage to grab the soul off a dead object. It feels cold as death, but it's there.

+Plus that spell (Jet)
(Oh, shoot, didn't see that.)

Try using the Kahigan to gently push at the spell.

You verify that the magnification indeed depends on the distance the Kahigan 'sinks' into the vial of spell matter. You can even increase your field of view too--yuck, it's nauseating.

(Nausea: -2 to dexterity rolls next combat turn) (will expire before combat, probably)

I don't see any pure sand around so I'll try a different approach. Try mixing available earth with fire. About 5-10% earth to 95-90%. Form it around my staff making circle motions and conduct the fire into it with my Sha.

There is sand inside the Wind building, in scattered pebbles. If you had a means to gather them all into one spot it could be used as pure sand.

The fuse spell is cast in a different fashion from the others. The reagents must be connected to a Kahigan, and then both Kahigan must be connected to the Fusion Amulet hanging from the staff at the same time.
You procure a bucket from the Department to hold the Earth in. It's supposedly made of an insulating material that cannot be fused... so there's that. As for capturing the fire, you attempt to form a burst, but moving your Kahigan quickly enough to capture a wisp of flame while touching the amulet proves just as difficult as it sounds.

Life, Earth, Time?

Life and Earth solidifies into a petrified mass as usual, and time causes it to turn into a coal black. It remains solid, however.

"One could argue that power struggles are perfectly rational, at least to some. States and nobles do it all the time, which similarly disastrous results over a much wider area. The problem lies in that two small scale gangs managed to destroy an entire city in their squabbles."

"If mages seek to gain wealth and power, instead of better their fellow people, then Carazhan can happen again, and again. That's simply how humans work."

"And wars, and famine, and tragedies caused by normal men, irregardless of magic. Professor, how large were these gangs?"
"The two gangs were made up of the largest guilds in the city, so about a hundred men each."

« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:36:09 am by _DivideByZero_ »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 26, 2016, 12:38:45 am »

Conduct fire from my staff into my Sha. Then use my Go to move the earth. Then handshake my Kahigan on the amulet.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 26, 2016, 12:57:05 am »

"Sounds a little insulting to put it that way. So how does one know results of alterations? In any other way than making same changes to hundred things and watching them for years while comparing them to unmodified things?

Oh, is this flower's soul? Feels warm."

Feel the warmth closer, carefully.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 26, 2016, 01:13:03 am »

Conduct fire from my staff into my Sha. Then use my Go to move the earth. Then handshake my Kahigan on the amulet.

The staff glows, it's not quite on fire. But you try hanging onto the glowing part of the staff anyway and activate the Fusion spell--

The head of the staff still glows, and doesn't seem to have changed much. The earth has turned to clay.

"Sounds a little insulting to put it that way. So how does one know results of alterations? In any other way than making same changes to hundred things and watching them for years while comparing them to unmodified things?

Oh, is this flower's soul? Feels warm."

Feel the warmth closer, carefully.

It's shaped like a sphere, and it's hot to the touch. You wonder if it's possible to burn a Kahigan.

"Considering that human's entire technological progress has been attributed to their Me Kahigan, I wouldn't call it insulting. Regarding the question, once you've removed the soul made changes, and replaced it, you can accelerate the effects with time magic. Won't hurt to learn a little. Or keep an hourglass on you."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 01:17:43 am by _DivideByZero_ »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 26, 2016, 02:04:14 am »

Pull out the grass soul again and write it down; it shouldn't matter that I can't properly read it so long as I keep the shapes properly oriented relative to each other. Then put it back and do the same with the table, just to compare them.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 26, 2016, 03:24:08 am »

Let's pull it out, the hot thing, see if I can do that.
Old sigs.
Games.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 26, 2016, 11:33:36 am »

Pull the Kahigan in the spell vial back to the edge of the vial, and then use my other Kahigan to touch the wooden block.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35