Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon  (Read 72467 times)

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ô_ quack

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Sneaktunnels, a dwarven dungeon - succession fortress.
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2016, 03:44:28 pm »

sorta.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2016, 08:44:47 pm »

Alright, I've got the save. My poor potato can't run 64-bit DF, but I'll still be able to play. Might actually go faster if I use a machine that has actual processing power instead of a glorified flip phone.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2016, 01:01:25 am »

Oh, I forgot . I'll finish the write up today.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2016, 02:26:14 am »

Alright, I've got the save. My poor potato can't run 64-bit DF, but I'll still be able to play. Might actually go faster if I use a machine that has actual processing power instead of a glorified flip phone.

What are you playing on?!

Oh, I forgot . I'll finish the write up today.

nice, I am excited

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2016, 04:02:58 am »

What are you playing on?!

What what are you playing on?!
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2016, 07:18:53 am »

What meachine, Salmeuk (pronouncing it sal-me:-uk!) means.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2016, 08:23:40 am »

What meachine, Salmeuk (pronouncing it sal-me:-uk!) means.
What I meant is that +1 to answering Salmeuks question.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2016, 06:39:25 pm »

From the diary of Arcvasti, self proclaimed King of all Cats:

26th Moonstone: Since Gwolfski is stepping down, I was overwhelmingly voted in.  If I hadn't obtained the cat and chicken vote, no one would have voted for me at all. Who's crazy now? No one else took a moment's thought for them, but *I* did.

27th Moonstone: Now that I have a life again for things besides campaigning, I'm beginning to notice things. Terrible things. There are ramps. Everywhere there are ramps. Some of them lead to dead ends. I don't know why. We're being "protected" by some stonefall traps, some empty cage traps and a militia of three people with no armour. We're drowning in silver and the vice mayor Glittergold has rock furniture and doesn't even have his own office[He's sharing with [Sweet precious]Carefulrogues]. We have four Fishery Workers, but no fishery. Clearly it falls to me, [Elected]King of All Cats, to right these wrongs and make Sneaktunnels great again! For the first time! My work is cut out for me.

28th Moonstone: The mystery deepens. Several dwarves not listed as Fishery Workers nonetheless have the same labours enabled. I met a trapper whose only task was gem setting. I quickly discovered the reason why. The bookkeeper,/managed Carefulrogue, is also a swordsdwarf training near-constantly. No wonder no one's updated any records. I set Rakust Relievedgems, my feline campaign manager, as Assistant Bookkeeper and leave them to straighten things out. Anyone capable of recording numerous campaign donations of yarn and dead vermin is worthy of this great honour.

I also have the vice mayoral and bookkeeping offices bisected by a wall of stone and prepare to put some fabulous silver furniture to appease our beloved vice mayor. Its always important to be magnanimous to one's underlings, fuzzy or otherwise.

29th Moonstone: While everything else is in one degree of disarray or another, our library is thriving. Several eminent researchers are currently discussing animal remedies animatedly. As a genuine animal, and thus with no small stake in this research, Dishmab Dashedcudgel is eminently suited to be the Minister of Science of the new administration and will certainly prove invaluable to future vetrinary science.

While perusing Rakust's reports on the aptitudes of the plague of Rangers currently afflicting us, I also noticed that we have a caged Giant Rat just WAITING to be tamed. One of the Rangers can become the official Animal Trainer, the rest are just haulers and peasants.

1st Opal:

Snow, our [not-so] beloved founder and Legendary Miner[!!!] is currently trying to catch and eat small animals. Since maintaining a thriving vermin population is essential to the support of my cat backers, this is highly problematic. I send some other miners to go dig him out. Why was he even down there? There's also a Wax Worker in a similar plight, but he's useless to expanding the cat kingdom, so I won't bother with him.

In speaking of the cat kingdom, I order a commemorative silver statue made to celebrate the beginning of this new and fabulous era of coexistence between dwarf and cat. Since the vice mayor wants a dining room, I'll set it up so they're always looking at the statue while they eat.

2nd Opal:

Since we'll be needing lots of imports[Steel, cats, wood], I order some nice commemorative figurines made. When the next caravan comes, we should be able to trade for lots of valuable stuff with our newly minted trade goods.

We're apparently out of wood. Since we're keeping our cavern access open already, I order some mushrooms cut down. That wasn't so hard.

3rd Opal:

We may not have any armour-grade metal, but silver hammers still pack a mean punch. Once the vice mayor's silver accomodations are all done, I'll have a bunch of silver hammer weapon traps made to guard us against the cat-eating forces that assail our quaint deathtrap.

The vice mayor wanted a weapon rack and complained his bedroom was terrible. I put an artifact weapon rack in his bedroom and killed two dwarves with one cat. Efficiency. Decorum. Genius. This is why people vote for me.

There. first update done. Future updates will be larger, I promise.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2016, 01:04:26 am »

Oh, you may want to make more soap. Quite a few infections,

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2016, 02:26:38 am »

I approve of cats.

Cats demand fish.

There must be piers, and watchcats, and archicature.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2016, 06:19:13 am »

I'm thinking about changing the name to Sneaktunnels - a Catastrophic dungeon.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2016, 07:33:04 am »

So, we have cats and visitors.

Did we set visitors popcap limit? Shall we?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 07:34:39 am by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2016, 07:48:09 am »

I'm thinking about changing the name to Sneaktunnels - a Catastrophic dungeon.
I like. +1
So, we have cats and visitors.

Did we set visitors popcap limit? Shall we?
How laggy are visitors?  If they are a particular plague on my FPS, there could be a purging eating elimination uncomfortable solution to all those cats and philosophers.  Also, I believe it's in  our interest to begin plotting to overthrow Arcvasti.  I will not submit to the cat!

I'll put an entry up later to try and keep with the times.  Keep up the good work guys.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2016, 09:04:29 am »

Not sure. Naive approach suggests about as laggy as dwarf with purple! job, but they have odd pathing quirks with pools and waterworks.

E: Using exterminate him/her on 22 guests gave my 102 citizen fort jump to 42-43 FPS from 37-38 FPS. And piles of bad thoughts, of course. That's 13,3% increase, for what's it worth.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 09:14:41 am by Fleeting Frames »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31