Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon  (Read 72456 times)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
Re: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon
« Reply #405 on: January 30, 2017, 03:04:27 pm »

Speciesunk0wn is already blind, he doesn't need eyes anymore.  Just go for total spear ninja commander.
He didn't die in the first combat of my turn.  Granted, maybe the goblin purposely aimed at the shield.

Oorah! I shall be the first of Sneaktunnels' ninja masters!
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 30, 2017, 08:04:37 pm »

You will be no one
Ô_ quack

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 31, 2017, 04:10:16 pm »

I think the scholars are creating a secret militia, they may rebel at some point, I don't think they forgot what we have done to their colleagues. I volunteer to investigate, I have enough skills to pass as one of then.
Oh crap, They are going to join the rebel cats, aren't they? Hope they don't go CRAZED(*evil laugh* *mods in crazed visitors* *realizes only non-dwarf visitors could go CRAZED* *gives non-dwarves CRAZED*). Yeah, go ahead and infiltrate their group, onciblu.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 03, 2017, 08:26:27 pm »

I'm officially back in business. So what's up?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 04, 2017, 06:30:59 pm »

I'm officially back in business. So what's up?
Ya know... I don't know.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 07, 2017, 10:29:45 am »

16th Limestone, 258.
A diagnoser has been possessed! But the mood kind, not the tantrum kind. The diagnoser has no moodable skills, so I'm going to hope it's going to make a metal artifact weapon, or armor
Damnit. Do broker intentionally avoid brokering? The second the trade caravan got totally here, Northwinds decided to get a drink.
Lonely Tosid has become a king. Again. Because why not.

17th Limestone, 258.
Northwinds actually got back to the trade depot, and I was able trade them some Finely-prepeared mussel roasts, some damaged armor, and some figurines, for a steel bar, some crystal and clear glass, a lot of wood, some rope, some flasks, a blue peacock, some bags, and some exotic food.

19th Limestone, 258.
A rebel cat attacked its own baby. I have no idea whether this should taken as good news, or bad.

22nd Limestone, 258.
Tosid is demanding a black bronze throne in his tomb. If he doesn't stop demanding stuff, he is going to make his tomb useful.

23rd Limestone, 258.
I offered the merchant some damaged armor in exchange for a bit of cheese. He had the gall to attempt to get me to give him extra free un-damaged armor! Oh, he is so lucky he's part of my civ. If he wasn't, his corpse would be lying in multiple spots on the ground.

26th Limestone, 258.
I have discovered a tomb, with no one in it, and a bunch of damaged clothing all around the coffin. Is this some fringe religion I haven't hear of yet, where they leave the clothes as an offering for their god?

27th Limestone, 258.
Speciesunk0wn has just said "A skillful warrior is a beautiful sight to behold", which is a somewhat strange thing to say, considering s/he is blind.

6th Sandstone, 258.
A marksdwarf is visiting for some reason. He's probably not a scholar, so he may be visiting a temple.
'Crazed Miner' has become a wrestler.

9th Sandstone, 258.
The merchants have left on their journey. Good riddance.
Id Ostonul has been overthrown by the stresses of day-to-day living. I believe he went melancholy from sleep-deprivation. Many other children are sleep deprived as well.

10th Sandstone, 258.
Us dwarves must have BABYSNATCHER, because the merchants supposedely kidnapped their own animals.
Id Ostonul is standing still in the kitchen. He might eventually dehydrate himself to death. If only we could somehow rescue him from this fate, but I feat it is impossible.

11th Sandstone, 258.
Stukos Bomrekbim, a child, has gone beserk in the middle of the kitchen area, which is apparently a daycare area also. I will send in the Blind Spears, the Fenced Neutrals, and the Playful Racks to try and prevent any unnecessary civilian casualties. Stukos has entered a martial trance... This might be bad...
"Snow" arrived quickly, and cut off Stukos's head. The only casualty was Stukos.
Before the day is done, Zuglar Dalzattekkud, another dwarven child, goes stark raving mad.
What is causing the children to go crazy? Apparently, they are extremely sleep deprived... Should I, and how do I make them not sleep-deprived?

16th Sandstone, 258.
Muthkat Bufutoddom, yet another dwarven child, has been stricken by melancholy.
At this exact moment, We have 202 citizens.

17th Sandstone, 258.
A messanger told me that Stakud Umerith, a ranger, has been missing for a week. I have no idea where he is. He wasn't anywhere near the beserker, and I haven't heard of anything else that could have harmed him/her.
Yet another child, Dumat erithgidthur, has been struck by melancholy.

18th Sandstone, 258.
Stakud's body has been found at the bottom of the Atom Smasher. How it got there is unknown. It wasn't forbidden, so he may have somehow fallen into the hole. I have no idea what could have caused him to fall in. I hope there isn't a murderously insane dwarf here...
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 07, 2017, 05:51:59 pm »

Ah.

I presume the children are burrowed into the kitchen area, with their beds not being in the burrow?

Alternatively, they beds are in their burrow, but they're unable to reach it due doors?

Sleeping is a job, so..Without ability to take it they'll go mad.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 08, 2017, 01:31:11 am »

19th Limestone, 258.
A rebel cat attacked its own baby. I have no idea whether this should taken as good news, or bad.

I don't know how to feel about this either. On one hand, this way any FPS drop from cats will equalize itself with excess cats being killed off by overcrowding. On the other hand, this is quite cruel to the poor cats, which was totally unintentional.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 08, 2017, 10:51:22 am »

19th Limestone, 258.

I don't know how to feel about this either. On one hand, this way any FPS drop from cats will equalize itself with excess cats being killed off by overcrowding. On the other hand, this is quite cruel to the poor cats, which was totally unintentional.

you created monsters, just accept it
Ô_ quack

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 20, 2017, 02:47:25 pm »

The rain finnaly stopped, it had been rainning for four days straight. He wouldn't resist much longer before declare himself a frog and start hopping around. His feets were sore, his head were damp.

Onciblu had been wondering why such travels are made on the surface, were more than not the sun would hit his eyes and the rain wet his belongings."We should have a tunnel"

"Stop with this nosense" Said the hooded woman. His compannions rarely talked, sometimes onciblu was glad for it. Conversations were rarely pleasants.

"If we had a tunnel we would have arrived by now, I walk faster when dry" Its not like digging is hard, a long tunnel connecting fortress would be more than usefull for trades, migrations and such.

"Why didn't you dig this dammed tunnel?" The hooded woman questioned harshly, her face was often hidden behind her scarlet hood, and onciblu was glad for it.

"I am no miner"

"Then shut up"

Onciblu grabed his waterskin and drink the lasts drops of it. "I am out of booze"

"It's terryfing" Said the gelder with red pants.

"It really is" Finnaly a bit of empathy!

"I am talking about that" His finger pointed down the hill, were piles of bones were scattered all over the place, blood and vomit mixed made an gruesome vision, and the smell was no better.

"Here we are" The hooded woman removed her hood, her long and blonde hair was tucked inside her robe, and on her face were countless scars, scars from battle and from sickness, scars from curses and for undetermined causes.
The first time she removed her hood the fisherman let out a sriek, and since we have been 3. Sneaktunnels is no place for cravens the hooded woman said.

Pass the gore field there was a brook and a bridge, then the entrance...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ô_ quack

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 20, 2017, 02:49:03 pm »

Wait, somebody actually has the save?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 20, 2017, 07:26:54 pm »

Wait,  so is this is still going? If so just tell me who is still alive and let's continue this baby. I think I found a way to manage stuff better.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 22, 2017, 10:42:33 am »

19th Sandstone, 258.
Someone known as Catten Lanternsculpted wishes to join us as a citizen of Skeaktunnels. I know not who he is, but I let him join.
Yet another dwarven child, Kivish Dedukeshtan, is stricken by melancholy. Whether this is bad, or good, I do not know.

20th Sandstone, 258.
Goden Gusilcog, yet another dwarven child, has been stricken by melancholy.

21st Sandstone, 258.
Urvd Zozoddom decided to mix it up, and go stark raving mad instead.
The baron consort of Petglazes, is visiting. And for some reason, he is missing his upper lip.

22nd Sandstone, 258.
Leonard of Quirm wishes to become a citizen. I gladly aprove her petition.
Dobar Adililir decides to bow to peer pressure, and go stark raving mad. I must wonder if all the children will do this. Then those freeloading children would all die!
Arcvasti II has made many masterwork reacher bone crossbow bolts.

23rd Sandstone, 258.
Kadol Fikodbabin has been struck by something called 'melancholy'. What a strange happening. I certainly didn't expect this to happen. This is unprecedented. Doesn't happen often, no sir.

24th Sandstone, 258.
Avuz Floordepths, and Urvad Groupedbolts, both scholars, arrived at the same time. One is male, and one is female. Could they be married?

25th Sandstone, 258.
Another pair of a male, and a female scholar appear right next to each other.
Thikut Zustashlimul has been stricken by melancholy.

26th Sandstone, 258.
Capt. Reynblde has bestowed the name Ostarthosbut on a tower-cap shield.
Atis Vabokibmat, has gone stark raving mad. And yes, he is a dwarven child.

27th Sandstone, 258.
Uzol Avuzstelid, has given birth to a girl, Kumil Nethstinthad. Here's something interesting. Atis Orbsparks, despite running around babbling, felt love after gaining Kumil as a sibling.

1st Timber, 258.
Asmel Erithdakas is stricken by melancholy. Id Ostonul has died of dehydration. I can't decide whether this is a good thing, or not, all the children dying.

4th Timber, 258.
Ilral Idashlorbam bows to peer pressure, yet somehow manages to be unique, and goes berserk, instead of melancholy.
A mason saw Ilral trying to knock down a granite  chair, and proceeded to beat the crap out of him. Finally, a swordsdwarf came by, and put Ilral out of his misery.
The second Ilral was slain, Olin Oboklanggud went stark raving mad.

6th Timber, 258.
Id Amostozsit is going mad for Athel Erushrimtar's designer leopard leather shoes!

7th Timber, 258.
Rakust Cattenkeng has gone stark raving mad, but his/her thunder was stolen by Monom Shagogadil, who has gone berserk. Monom went berserk in a room full of other children, and Monom attempted to fight the other children, but the other children suceeded in killing him/her. Monom did manage to mortally wound at least three of the children, though.
In other insane news, Lorbam Nomaligath has gone stark raving mad!
At this exact moment, our population is 197, our livestock is at 170, other is at 66, and dead/missing is at 825.

8th Timber, 258.
A certain dwarf, who got possessed way back in the 16th of Limestone, has finally started his artifact. It consists of giant cave toad bone, 3 silver nuggets, black bear leather, two logs, a kaolinite gizzard stone, draltha leather, and some raw green glass. I don't know what s/he is going to make with that, but it probably is going to pretty interesting.
Urvad Athelkubuk, a dwarven child like all the others, has gone berserk. Like Monom, as I forgot to mention before, this child is a certain storage room, with some pots and barrels.

10th Timer, 258.
Urvad is still beserking in the storage room. Once he kills the sane children in there, I will send in the military.

11th Timber, 258.
I was wondering why Lonely Tosid was angry at me about not putting a black bronze throne in his tomb, when I had done so, when I realized that I had actually put it in his bedroom. Oops...

12th Timber, 258.
Adil Turelletmos, Diagnoser has created Delethbel, a native silver bracelet!
----this was was when I saved. the following was not saved, so it probably  won't happen.
13th Timber, 258.
Urvad finally killed the sane children, so I sent in the military, and they quickly killed him.
Risen Shaligkogen has gone stark raving mad, but I am not really suprised.

14th Timber, 258.
A visiting poet was found dead in the library. A fisherdwarf has also been found dead, in the hallway. According to a doctor on the scene, both of them were found injured in the library. He tried to take the fisherdwarf to the hospital, but he died on the way. I wonder how they got mortally wounded.

16th Timber, 258.
Lokum Udilkon, yet another dwarven child, has gone stark raving mad. How have we not run out of children yet?

17th Timber, 258.
Some random macedwarf saw fit to name his wooden shield.
Ral Semorsibrek, dwarven child, has gone totally berserk in the middle of the kitchen!
He was eliminated with minimum casualties.

18th Timber, 258.
Two more dead scholars have been found. I wonder what has killed them.
-----
Even though I have two more months to go, may I end my turn soon?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 22, 2017, 10:46:11 am »

Oh Lol,  i can see everyone throwing a tantrum soon.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 24, 2017, 01:12:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ô_ quack
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31