Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31

Author Topic: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon  (Read 72530 times)

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon
« Reply #376 on: January 04, 2017, 05:06:58 pm »

]Okay, then I will take my turn. Where can I get the latest save?
Come on, I even set the link on fire.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 06, 2017, 03:08:43 pm »

I forgot to refresh myself on the rules, but hopefully I won't break any rules. I really hope I'm supposed to use 43.05, because that is the version I am using.
1st granite, 258.
My name is Pikachu17. I am a master hammerdwarf. My wife is known as 'Jessica'. I have just been elected as the new overseer. Apparently we have 202 citizens.  I have promised my voters changes. I will enact them. For starters, That refuse pile right next to doors will be moved. Necromancers could easily get in, and get an entire army. Fishing is not needed, so it will be stopped. I have found some empty rooms, each 5 by 5 squares. They may have been intended as bedrooms, but instead they shall be converted into tombs. A bunch of actual bedrooms, while having beds, cabinets, and chests, did not actually let people in them. I have changed it so they will. I will make a arena, to use the captured animals in, especially the cyclops. I will build a prison to put criminals in. I have encacted a number of useful work orders.
2nd granite, 258.
I am currently lost in the fort. I have no freaking idea if I can figure out this maze, or not. Were the previous overseers trying to make this a maze? if so, you were successful. A scholor is visiting and is freaking out over a buzzard. In other scholarly news, Meng is pondering reproductive behavior. Guess someone has to do it.
3rd granite, 258.
Sibrek Mengmƒtzang has created a masterpiece steel war hammer! Mine, It's mine! Totally Mine! MINE!!! ALL MINE!!! BWA-HA-HA!!! With this mighty weapon, I could-Dare I say it- Rule THE WORLD!!! :)
4th granite, 258.
Samuel Vimes, captain of the guard, has named her tunnel tube shield "Jailreveres the Sound of Negators". So, why does everybody have wooden shields? King 'Lonely Tosid' has asked make some short swords, and large serrated disks. I am okay with that. a Gila monster has reverted to a wild state. If I didn't know that a gila monster is a small lizard, that message would have been terrifying.
16th granite, 258.
Urvad Zonedtul has become a elite marksdwarf. WAY too many scholars are coming. I wonder if I should just make the library citizen only?
20th granite, 258.
Happy birthday to Lorbam Nomaligath! May you have many more!(unless you become a nobel, in which case an accident is in store.) I have made the library citizen-only, but a scholar still came.
I have converted some abandoned bedrooms into the battle arena.
21st granite, 258.
I have finished my tomb, and have put my wife's coffin next to it. My coffin is a simple fungiwood casket.
Some guy has named his bayberry wood shield. It may be too late to give anyone metal shields. Why did the previous overseers choose not to? And this shield doesn't even have any kills. I would think his warhammer would have been better for naming any way, considering how well decorated it was.
we hve 40 children, and 4 babies.
28th granite, 258.
Two more scholars have arrived. Making it a bit more visitors than necessary.

Not the end of my turn, just want to ask some questions. Should I send a full military intervention against the visitors? What do you think would be a good name for my character's wife(who by the way, is a hammerdwarf on the same squad.)? Should I atom smash the children, or let them grow up? Should the arena have any dwarves fighting, and should it have all the creatures attacking at the same time, or have 1 Vs. 1 fights?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 06, 2017, 04:11:07 pm »

In the end you decide. But sending the squads over visitors can provide quite collateral damage.
Ô_ quack

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 06, 2017, 04:30:11 pm »

In the end you decide. But sending the squads over visitors can provide quite collateral damage.
I was thinking I'd station the whole militia near the visitors, and pick them off one by one, hoping that they won't avenge someone who has already been killed
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 06, 2017, 05:03:08 pm »

Attacking visitors is absurdly dumb and will cause a loyalty cascade, at least if you attack visitors from the same civ. Humans or elves are probably fair game. If you're really going to kill them off, then using floor spikes or magma/water is much better.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 07, 2017, 09:46:39 am »

- Tombs, bedrooms...Why not both?

Could also have been workshop rooms, with 3x3 + 16 tiles for stockpiling.

- Well, it IS a dungeon. "Maze" is a defensive feature.

- If Meng does it, it will be pointless, should you atomsmash the kiddies.

Either way, for higher FPS maybe set a lower population cap than 220 :p

Then could drop like a rock toward it, or could also see how long it takes for natural attirition to wear it down, given the rule to be always open from above and below.

- Citizen only library doesn't banish the scholars. You could set a lower visitor limit, though this won't banish the ones already there.

Sending military againt visitors is loyalty cascade material - even if you kill them quickly, it is not like the fortress friend who saw their buddy die is going to stop attacking. If you want to slay them, arrange accidents. Something as simple as minecarts pushed into them repeatedly would be pretty fatal, and require no buildings. Though on the other hand, it'd be pretty fatal and the visitors don't necessarily stay still.

- Eh, metal shields' only good if you have no weapon to speak of. Perhaps the named shields block better :)

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 07, 2017, 12:28:50 pm »

The Great Library revolt started for a reason.  Don't kill the visitors.  It's not worth the cleanup effort.
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 07, 2017, 09:48:03 pm »

I am aliiiive!!!!

Both in-game and IRL. Hallos!
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 07, 2017, 09:54:39 pm »

I am aliiiive!!!!

Welcome back honey! We had a kid, looks like you.  Too bad you're blind.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 07, 2017, 11:17:33 pm »

I am aliiiive!!!!

Wonderful! How has my combat been?

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 07, 2017, 11:37:42 pm »

I am aliiiive!!!!

Excellent, even while blind.  You survived the first five days of Northwinds' (my character's) rule.  Sanctume wasn't so lucky.  She got cut down next to you. 

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 08, 2017, 12:05:21 am »

I am aliiiive!!!!

Excellent, even while blind.  You survived the first five days of Northwinds' (my character's) rule.  Sanctume wasn't so lucky.  She got cut down next to you.

If I manage to make it through this entire LP, I'll be amazed. As well as go down in DF history! >:3

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 10, 2017, 11:31:56 am »

1st Slate, 258.
We have two ghosts. One of them is a baby. In other news, a reindeer has grown up. I have decided not to attack the visitors just yet. Maybe later I'll figure out a way to get them in the arena. Oh, carp.
2nd Slate, 258.
For some reason, even though I canceled the killing of visitors, 'Jrrocks1' decided to kill one himself. This caused a maceman and a battle-miner to attack and kill 'Jrrocks1'. Hope no else kills anybody for no reason. On the topic of the miner who killed Jrrocks, he said the following: "Obok Figuretorch(him) killed 'Jrrocks1' Lashborn. This is great!". Also he felt triumph while killing somebody, and he feels grim satisfaction at someone's death(I think both of those is about 'Jrrocks1'). I have decided to call the miner 'Crazed Miner' I have no idea if Jrrocks is one of the seven of the council, but if he was, he isn't anymore. I wonder why this happened.
5th Slate, 258.
The Horror! Some guy just made a masterwork cat leather mitten! Also, Apparently dead babies can talk, because one just told me the one about the hedgehog man, and the cassowary.
9th Slate, 258.
First speaker:Hey, everbody, let's go to Sneaktunnels for no apparent reason!
Everybody else:YEAH!!! LET'S DO THAT!*sound of crowd trampling the grass in their bid to get to Sneaktunnels.*
Me:Huh! What's with all the new visitors?
11th Slate, 258.
Damn, a speardwarf was killed by a hammerdwarf. neither was nicknamed. Nothing is showing up in the justice screen. In unrelated news, Onicblu II just gave birth to a healthy baby boy, and someone became an elite marksdwarf.
17th Slate, 258.
Seriously, Why didn't you give everyone metel shields? now I have yet another wooden named shield, and if I try to give everyone metal shields someone just might tantrum.
21st Slate, 258.
I have discovered a room of cats that is suspended in magma. A magical door(ironically made of cat bone.) is preventing me from either using, or killing the cats. This will not do. It appears that I can't mine it in order to do anything about it, as it appears to be made to invulnerable to attack from outside. It does not do anything about threats inside the room, though. I have two choices:Hypnotize one of the cats and make it take down the door; or teleport a dwarf in there, and have it dismantle the room. Either way, mission accomplished. I will try to do one of these.
22nd Slate, 258.
Are we supposed to have the outpost liason as a citizen?
I have my top scientist, 'Leonard of Quirm' working on the teleportation device. His working title for it is 'Device-To-Move-Object-From-Location-To-Other-Location', or 'D.T.M.O.F.L.T.O.L.'.
There is a swordsdwarf who heard this was the place for seeking danger. Can't say he was entirely wrong, though I must wonder if he is a merceneray or something... Could he be a monster slayer?
23rd Slate, 258.
A camel has reverted to a wild state. Hope it won't attack. It appears it will, as it is attacking a bunny, and  marksdwarf. It has escaped from the marksdwarf, and cuts a poet. Suddenly a war dog, a peacock, and  a scholar join the fight against the two-humped menace. But the real turning point comes when a recruit comes, and bashes the camels thigh with his exceptional copper crossbow. Then after some 4 pages of fighting, the recruit finishes the camel with a brain bash. A second camel reverts. It attacks a marksdwarf in the farm, who retaliates by punching the camel in the guts. The camel then fertilizes the garden with its vomit. Then a bunch of recruits come and take part in this game of 'Camel Brainbashing'. One of them finally wins, and bashes the camel's skull in.
27th Slate, 258.
I have been working on hypnotizing the cats, but it seems to that cats have supernatural resistance to being hypnotized.
However, I may still figure out  way to hypnotize them, so I will continue on this path.
2nd Felsite, 258.
The D.T.M.O.F.L.T.O.L was tested today. The results were not inspiring. But on the bright side we have one less hungry head. Or more accurately one less living hungry head. I suppose more overall space is taken by the hungry heads now. A thresher has been taken by a fey mood. The thresher has taken over a craftsdwarf's workshop. He is getting crundle bone.
8th Felsite, 258.
The mooding thresher has started his construction. The ingredients are: crundle bone, a microline boulder, granite blocks, square cut black zircons, giant olm leather, another microline boulder, and a granite boulder. What exactly he is making with all this, I do not know.
13th Felsite, 258.
Well, the mooder finished his artifact. It's a crundle bone pick. I don't know whether to be disappointed, or happy.
Apparently it's called Empiredirge the Watch of Weeping. It is worth 38640 Urists.
21st Felsite, 258.
Captain Reynblade has grown attached to an iron pick.
22nd Felsite, 258.
A living baby has grown up, and an undead has been put to rest.
For some strange reason, there is a peasant with no jobs, not even hauling. I have enabled hauling on him.
1st Hematite, 258.
Neither the D.T.M.O.F.L.T.O.L, nor the hypnotizing is working well. However I will not yeild to such crafty feline.
I have a feeling we may have sympathetic creatures among our number, so no cats, or cat-lovers, will be allowed anywhere near the testing of these things. No more sabatoge, maybe.
3rd Hematite, 258.
Yet another soldier saw fit to name a wooden shield. The shield is showing some wear, apparently.
----
My turn not over yet. However, I probably won't be able to get to the 1st of granite, considering I'm only in the 4th month, and my turn is over tomorrow.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 10, 2017, 10:59:46 pm »

You're still updating.  I'm willing to say we can let you continue, granted you keep up with updates.  Thoughts fellas?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31