Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31

Author Topic: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon  (Read 72441 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2016, 01:23:44 am »

You know you  just toggle library to resident only? They'll go away after a while.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2016, 06:19:19 am »

You know you  just toggle library to resident only? They'll go away after a while.
That's no !!FUN!!  ;D

Edit: I don't understand how I cant seem to get out of Spring, it's not FPS fault but it's me trying to get everything done. Tomorrow morning I hope I can finish spring. In the afternoon I hope I will get an update and in the evening I hope to start Summer. I think I will be able t manage at least a half year and I might pass it on early.

Edit Edit:

I finished spring today. I will do the update in the morning (if I manage to get up before school.)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:52:45 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2016, 10:01:38 am »

Mm....Is it because of crashes?

Otherwise, entirely possible to run the designations done at start of a year for several seasons.

On the upside, it only takes like 15,6 mins to run a year at 100 FPS uninterrupted, so in-game time isn't much of a concern.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2016, 05:31:54 am »

6th Granite
I started getting concerns, about the scholars, so we held a council (consisting of the seven starting dwarfs) meeting today. Arcvasti didn’t like the idea of doing anything to the visitors and he left soon after coming. We picked another dwarf to take his sit in the council meeting and it was Pikachu. The new member suggested that we could send our military against the visitors. Everybody liked it so we went with it. We will make our move two days from now.

7th Granite
I saw Arcvasti talking to some guys you don’t want to mess with. What is he planning?

8th Granite
Carfulrogue and Arcvasti are dead. Everything happened so fast that I didn’t even get to our library before the massacre occurred, if I would, I would probably be dead. At first everything went fine, until bodies started dropping from our side. Our own dwarfs turned against each other, some were with the scholars and some were helping our military. The first one to die was our hammerdwarf, he didn’t suspect anything. As I later found out Arcvasti was the leader of the rebellion and that’s how he died. He was killed by the second Hammerdwarf. Some place in the middle of the fight Carfulrogue, our spearmaster went down, killed by his own people.

11th Granite
Didn’t they hear what happened to the ones before them? I promise my people, I will find a way to destroy all of them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

14th Granite
A fast update. The place is really messy. There are many dwarfs angry at me. We still have those fucking scholars writing in this motherfucking mess. I will find a way to destroy them.

17th Granite
A kid drowned in our water reservoir. That’s what the mother meant when she was all over the place shouting she can’t find her child.

23rd Granite
Things are getting better around here.  New caverns discovered.
Our woodcutter fought a reacher, he was deafeated, but it left him alone.

24th Granite
I totally forgot about the pump operator, pumping out magma from the minecart hole. He’s now a skilled operator.

27th Granite
Migrants came. We are up to 138 citizens.

4th Slate
This made many dwarfs happy and happiness is what I need to win the next election most.

7th Slate
Something smells here

10th Slate
Just great. The first thing it did was run toward our entrance.
A passing by dwarf decided that it would be a good idea to fight it. I didn’t believe it at first but the forgotten beast was losing to him. Soon another five or more dwarfs joined him. They were winning, but not for long the beast massacred them all. Everybody who passed by tried to attack it so after another two dwarvs died I decided to send in the military. Before the military arrived, the population went down to a 100. The beast was struck down by our sworddwarf.
((I changed the tileset around here.))

5th Felsite
Our jeweler has a strange  mood.

10th Felsite
It seems like I have smelt a dwarf again, when trying to get a cart full of magma .

13th Felsite
One of our first speardwarfs has grown attached to his shield, he even named it.

19th Felsite
On today’s council meeting  Glittergold suggested that we melt useless pieces of metal lying around. He calls it Mecology, it’s supposed to save the precious metal underground. I don’t understand it that much, but if it makes him happy, let’s just do it. I need people happy about my ruling after what happened on Granite the 8th...

25th Felsite
Today we held another council meeting. We discussed the scholar problem. Gwolfski suggested to just close the library, but then we wouldn’t get revenge, however Pikachu’s suggestion gave me an idea. To commemorate this event I ordered the making of new figurines instead of the cat ones.
((By the way, the name is random.))

27th Felsite
Somehow magma crabs happened in caves. I didn’t know they could come from the caverns. Fire in the caves! Somebody call the firedwarfs! Or maybe don't, they would probably set themselves on fire and than set the booze on fire.

//Few minutes later//

Great! Now we’ve got fire in the caverns and the fortress! Sneaktunnels - a dungeon where you can roast Osman marshmallows anywhere.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 05:34:49 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2016, 05:44:11 am »

Heh. Concerns agains the scholars.

In my last test fort, the first book was written and left there by a visiting scholar.

They're usually book thieves, but sometimes....

Ooh, loyalty cascade? Must have been friendships or some scholars being dwarves from your civ(looks like the second one is qute possible given the new visitors' professions).

Dead babies in wells again :<

What's that tileset?

Heh, open caverns. Seems like it has a magma pipe.

You probably wouldn't smelt a dwarf with filling carts if you added some walls and doors around the magma pump outlet to prevent the magma from flowing backwards.

But that doesn't help versus crabs.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2016, 05:58:33 am »

The tileset is Dirty Fortress using verhid's sorrow color scheme.
Actually the pump operator did not die, he was just pumping magma for half a season and the magma crabs just came from the caves I think not from magma (if that's possible).

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 23, 2016, 06:11:02 am »

Oh, cool, no raw changes :>

Magma crabs are magma sea exclusive creatures :v Must have wandered out.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2016, 07:01:32 am »

Nope, they didn't they came from the caverns. I just found from where, there is a magma pool in those caverns that our military going hunting discovered. Soon after the discovery another forgotten came. This time it has a poisonus bite. Summer definetly has something to do with caves.
Also I knew the magma crabs couldn't have come from the sea, cause they would have to go through our amazing traps protecting us from the caverns.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2016, 07:15:43 am »

All magma pipes/pools/volcanoes are connected to magma sea.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2016, 07:26:36 am »

All magma pipes/pools/volcanoes are connected to magma sea.
Oh, Ok.

We are down to 89 citizens and another of us is going off the list. I feel bad for killing everyone. But it kind of feels good as well 8).

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2016, 09:51:20 am »

Almost finished summer. I will finish it in the  morning than I hope to do autumn, at least until the caravan so that I can buy stuff we need.

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2016, 03:31:42 pm »

At this point is easy to "isolate" the remaining start seven from dangerous areas, isn't it? Making some burrows and removing certain jobs *coughaul* *coughling* should do the trick. If it is the way the inabetterplace died anyway.

Ô_ quack

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 23, 2016, 06:36:38 pm »

You could isolate them, but it's kind of like cheating and they all didn't die from jobs, but from trying to win a fight with a beast. The only endangered guy is spieciesunkn0wn who is our speardwarf.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2016, 03:27:32 am »

Save I played till summer and it's carefulrouge's turn. Even though he died he plays cause if you didn't get to play before your death you still play one turn before you are removed (A small simple rule to make things more fair). He can play for one n a half year or just till the finish of this year.

Summer update coming soon.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 24, 2016, 06:56:28 pm »

Downloading.  Did you reset the tileset? Thank you.
EDIT 1: Also, do you have a plan to post the summer updates, so I have some idea what the heck occurred?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:02:15 pm by Carefulrogue »
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31