Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon  (Read 72432 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Sneaktunnels, a CATastrophic dungeon
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2016, 01:02:05 pm »

Is it a problem...Or is it a resource to be exploited?

Strip them.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2016, 02:28:05 pm »

At some point did the dates get knocked off?  Arcvasti started with dates in the winter, not the spring for his posts...

EDIT: How long has my dwarf been in love with the cat loving madman?

EDIT 2: Update. Sorry about being late on delivering these, I went through the past updates to gather some facts, to base my posts on. 

27th Moonstone, 251
We’re finally replacing Gwolfski.  Honestly, I’m not sure what he was trying to accomplish, and whenever asked he just sorta mumbled and chewed on his words.  Hopefully out next elect will do a better job of communicating.  At the first day of spring, he will officially pass on the scepter of power, and then Arcvasti will be in power. 

10th Opal, 251
I think Arcvasti is more than a little crazy.  He ordered our metal crafters to make a status of himself prostrating himself before a cat.  While sure, we get the fact he likes cats, but that is a step into madness.

11th Opal, 251
I just got the report of the second mad commission requested by Arcvasti.  This is signs of some serious problem.  I’m certain. 
In other, less cat-focused news, he has begun mining, for what I have no idea.  I though the hematite we had discovered in the caverns would be fine?  Who the hell needs gold?

5th Obsidian, 251
Another interesting bit of news today.  Something was found down in the magma sea.  What, isn’t exactly clear, and only a few rumors from the miners of some blue rock.  If all of this hullabaloo is about microcline as I suspect, half of my squad owns me several drinks. 

23rd Granite, 252
Trouble with Arcvasti’s attempt to haul liquid magma up the many flights of stairs.  The cart got stuck in the magma trough.  It was mentioned that velocity might be a problem.  Now the solution is to knock it out?  I’ll just file this under, liquids and tools.  Seperately. 

13th Slate, 252
Small fight with a blind cave bear broke out.  I ended it with a decisive swing on it’s neck. One less thing for us to deal with.  Too bad we didn’t kill the cave croc that was bothering us a few months back.

3rd Felsite, 252
Reports of ghosts are one thing.  It’s another when you see one.  A ghost of a dwarven baby was seen wandering about.  I didn’t believe it until it walked through the wall of my office in front of me.  I’ve added my name to the list of  people that want to memorialize the poor child and get on with it.  It doesn’t help that a mechanic appeared to be possessed and started acting erratically. 

19th Felsite, 252
The mechanic is sane again.  He made a mechanism, but he doesn’t actively recall why he made it, or what drove him to the point.  Might be better not to ask further.

25th Hematite, 252
The mayor got reelected.  He made a couple of claims about his “heroism,” but the disgruntled reports from my squad and Arcvasti didn’t win anyone over. 

28th Limestone, 252
I asked the caravan about any letters they were tasked to bring.  They had shook their head and I passed them a few coins and another letter.  If I don’t get a response for another year, I think there is a possibility they have been sent to their deaths.

8th Timber, 252
There has been consistent trouble in the caverns lately.  Speciesunknown was credited with the kill of a forgotten beast, and now we have to deal with the problems with troglodytes, trolls, and any other cave creature that want’s to wander if.  Just our luck.

4th Moonstone, 252
A squad of goblin ambushers appeared while we were working around the entrance.  How they hid in this terrain, and how they survived in the desert, is a question for another time.  We dispatched the squad with relative ease, but I think it’s too early to call for a return to regular.

9th Moonstone, 252
As I had expected, we found another squad.  This one had the air of better training, and skilled with the weapons they wielded.  Still, we killed them all, and took no losses.  All is good in my book.

15th moonstone, 252
I’ve begun to notice a buildup of vermin corpses again.  Damnable cats, the smell was bad enough  on the surface, but below in our cramped rooms?  It’s hard to get much worse.
In other, less vermin supported news, the dead pump operator has been sighted as a ghostly figure.  I don’t care whether it’s true or not, I’m joining the petition.  I really don’t like the idea of some ghost peeking into my room while I sleep.

27th Moonstone, 252
Elections.  At last. We have voted Arcvasti out, and replaced him with Snow.  Arcvasti seemed to be crestfallen, almost as if he had expected the cats to get up on a podium and make speeches for him.  I don’t think I can tell him I voted against him.  He is still upset about the whole ordeal.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 03:11:32 pm by Carefulrogue »
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2016, 05:06:48 am »

Elections, ghosts, corpses and magma, huh.

I see potential for a dwarven "Hamlet".

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2016, 09:47:47 am »

Regarding the visitor problem... Can't you just order you squads to kill as many as needed? wait, do visitors fight alongside other visitors that are being attacked by your dwarves?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2016, 12:20:09 pm »

My experience on drunk fortress says that visitors are quite dangerous.
Ô_ quack

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2016, 11:34:20 pm »

Fast update before a normal update:

I followed Pikachu's suggestion and things went bad. Some of us are dead...
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2016, 11:43:13 pm »

:o thats horrifiying. those poor dwarves did not deserve to die  :'(

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2016, 02:39:08 am »

Just checking, you did confiscate visitor's equipment before attacking?

Not surprising if not, though.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2016, 03:33:27 am »

is it bad I burst out laughing after reading this?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2016, 04:05:56 am »

It's not bad bad, but it is bad cause somebody is going off the list. We still have a 103 citizens and a dozen or more fucking scholars
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2016, 08:13:39 am »

It's not bad bad, but it is bad cause somebody is going off the list. We still have a 103 citizens and a dozen or more fucking scholars
I'm not dead right?  I had a few RP plans that could be upset. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2016, 10:19:27 am »

Sorry my first suggestion didn't work. ? I haven't tried it before, but maybe you could make the tavern dwarf-only, then make a fake tavern for visitors in the atom smasher. there's a good chance that one of the visitors is a vampire so maybe make them go to a steel-spiked dangerroom next to a well(or wherever your dwarves would drink water from) for your own vampires. actually, your food stockpile could probably also allow vampire creation, if the food gets covered with vampire blood.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2016, 10:51:07 am »

Did this someone play a turn yet?
Ô_ quack

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2016, 11:11:48 am »

I'm not dead right?  I had a few RP plans that could be upset. 
What's amusing is that death upsetting the story of a character is something of an exception :P

Even when a new dwarf isn't slaved to mind worms from another dimension a ghost makes totally acceptable overseer often enough XD

Not here, though u.u

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2016, 05:10:12 pm »

Wow, the game is running slow on 138 citizens and 50 visitors. I will reveal who died in a spring update, but currently I will be happy if my laptop manages to live through this season. I might pass the ruling earlier, due to me not having time and/or my computer not being able to run :D.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:12:36 pm by snow dwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31