Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again  (Read 27833 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: Battle's End
« Reply #270 on: February 11, 2017, 08:34:03 pm »

Miji walks over and picks up the Glock, examining it. "Wonder how it knew I could use guns. Maybe just coincidence." He walks towards Aoi and looks at the cylinders as well, looking thoughtful.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 11, 2017, 08:59:25 pm »

Looking at the cylinders, they don't look like terribly complicated devices; they're blue and gold in color, and they contain three buttons perhaps placed around the cylinder so that it's not impossible to press them at once (like the shade had done). If Mijimeki and Aoi were particularly insightful about the cylinders, they'd probably note that the way the buttons are placed makes it very unlikely that they'd all be accidentally pressed at once.

Aoi finds that the book seems to be gibberish, at least to her eyes -- but to something in her Persona it would seem to resonate, and she gets the feeling that if she were more specifically attuned to ice she could cast a version of Bufu from it -- without using mana, but also significantly weaker. She isn't sure she CAN use it though, given that her magical ability seems to be somewhat random.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 08:39:17 pm by Powder Miner »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 12, 2017, 03:13:37 pm »

"Let's not jump to conclusions about what those guys were. What we need to know is what that raven was....."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 12, 2017, 08:20:20 pm »

Mijimeki sighs. "Whatever it was, think about it tomorrow. Let's go home." Even he's tired of standing around and being burned. "We might be attacked again if we stay here too long."
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 12, 2017, 08:46:09 pm »

"How? We have the device they left behind, b-but I d-don't know where it leads. I-it could be dangerous. Maybe w-we should put on the armor? Just in case? Don't think any of us c-can use the book though... it's ice-attuned"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 12, 2017, 10:48:42 pm »

"... Fair point. Perhaps we should simply backtrack to the portal." He holds up the armor, as if expecting the other two to take it off of his hands.
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 13, 2017, 04:30:48 pm »

"How about we pick the stuff up and get out of here and THEN sort through it?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 13, 2017, 05:11:04 pm »

"I-it's a bit of a walk, I'm not sure how long it would take, so we might be attacked again sorry."
Rotating the cylinder in her hand, she gingerly positions her fingers onto each of the buttons.
"or... w-we could go and see where the rabbit hole goes? I-it only has one destination I think"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2017, 09:37:28 pm »

As Aoi handles the cylinder, she gets a strange little revelation that she can't quite explain. Aoi has never seen this before. The only observation she has to even guess at its purpose is that the Grey Shade used it to escape the dungeon with that stranger girl who had come from the defeated Raven. But to at least some small part of her, the same part of her that she draws forth Faust from, it is deeply familiar. To that tiny part she gets a feeling of experience with the cylinder that she can't quite shake -- this little instinct is that it will take her out of here safely.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:40:23 pm by Powder Miner »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2017, 11:05:53 pm »

She hesitates, before nodding to no one in particular. She picks up the robes and pockets the remaining cylinder, handing Miji the Life Stones and Kanade the Soul Drop, then she draws them close, and presses the three buttons at once.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2017, 11:26:15 pm »

Mijimeki raises his eyebrows as Aoi draws them together. "You better know what you're doing-" he says, before being presumably transported away.
carrot cakeu

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 14, 2017, 12:51:57 am »

Aoi sinks her fingers into the buttons, pressing them at the same time, and: There's a blue flash as the device activates, the light bright enough that the three are all forced to blink... ...and when the light subsides, they're out of the dungeon indeed, in the woods outside Aoi and Mijimeki's houses, except that it seems they're much deeper into the woods than they were when they entered -- they would perhaps be lost, if not for the welcoming glittering of lights in one direction -- Aoi and Mijimeki can make out their houses. Perhaps it's better that they're in the woods for now, though, because they now now look like hell and have a motley collection of glowing stones, armor, and weapons (including a gun) that they've got to find a way to deal with.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: Not Out of the Woods Yet
« Reply #282 on: February 16, 2017, 05:16:04 am »

Taking out her phone, Aoi checks the time.
"W-we're back! We're back... H-how am I going to explain m-my clothes? They're ruined!" She gestures gingerly at her ruined garments, as if worried pointing at them top hard would reduce whatever integrity they had left. "A-and what about the weapons? M-miji's got two handguns! And y-you have that polearm! W-where do we hide them? Or the rocks? Or armor?"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 05:19:20 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 16, 2017, 05:22:23 am »

"....I could stock these in my house. My parents aren't home very often, and there's a fair few places to hide."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2017, 05:25:56 am »

Taking out her phone, Aoi checks the time.
"W-we're back! We're back... H-how am I going to explain m-my clothes? They're ruined!" She gestures gingerly at her ruined garments, as if worried pointing at them top hard would reduce whatever integrity they had left. "A-and what about the weapons? M-miji's got two handguns! And y-you have that polearm! W-where do we hide them? Or the rocks? Or armor?"
Miji crosses his arms. "I could hold onto your weapons - probably would be easier to explain that way. Not like my parents don't know about my gun."
"....I could stock these in my house. My parents aren't home very often, and there's a fair few places to hide."
Oh right, Kanade's rich. He makes a sound that might almost be a "hmph" in an alternate universe.
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40