Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again  (Read 27789 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: N A _ A _ _ _ I _ T A T I O N
« Reply #570 on: January 28, 2018, 11:54:18 am »

"Anytime. See you tomorrow."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: N A _ A _ _ _ I _ T A T I O N
« Reply #571 on: February 01, 2018, 03:03:18 am »

The Persona users say their goodbyes, Ryo now left with a rather profound change in her life, both on the level of having actual, meaningful social interaction and on the level of being involved in strange magical kidnappings and alternate worlds full of monsters. Both deep differences, to be sure. But Ryo was, of course, rather exhausted, as were the other three teenagers, and it wouldn't be long before they went to sleep or passed out, and the night hours ticked by, passing to the next day...

...soon, it is the morning. The walk to school finds the four teenagers meeting up -- while Aoi and Mijimeki of course start off together, they kind of end up collecting Ryo and Kanade along the way, since they live in roughly the same half of the town in regards to their position to the school. The four of them are probably all tired at least a little, but Aoi, Mijimeki, and especially Kanade find it much less of a problem this time, since they've neither been fighting through a strange ruined city for the first time nor have they had their Personas just implanted. Ryo, it follows, is completely exhausted in comparison, but she's at least ambulatory.

The four of them have a few minutes before they get to school, to talk about the previous day's experiences and/or plan their next moves.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:33:37 am by Powder Miner »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again
« Reply #572 on: February 02, 2018, 05:37:53 am »

"Morning, sleepyheads," Kanade gently teases her friends as she comes up to them. "Sleep well after last night?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 02, 2018, 05:37:20 pm »

Ryo wanders past the others in a distant haze. Unsuprisingly, the severe lack of sleep coupled with the trauma of yesterday had left her with precious little energy.

Walking up to the front gates, she was suprised to find that those other three students had managed to congregate there as soon as she arrived. Coincidence? Their tone last night had implied that the rescue was going to be the extent of their interaction. But was that really going to be the end of it?

But they had said 'see you tomorrow'... did that imply they wanted her to talk to them again?

What did she do? Years of isolation simply urged her to keep her head down and return to normalcy. But... that couldn't be right, could it? She didn't know.

With a lack of concrete decisions, Ryo simply trailed along a distance away, eavesdropping. If they told her to stay or go... either direction was frightening. If she heard something significant, maybe she could interject, but for now...
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 02, 2018, 11:05:09 pm »

A groan; a withering stare. Well, the stare itself was withering at any rate.

Fuzzy thoughts, half-remembered reasonings. Focus. Focus.

Ugh. She'll probably need therapy after this. A lot of therapy. Some more sleep would be nice too. Aoi groans a hello, at least, she thinks it's a hello. Close enough. Probably. Argh, who cares?

"Hey... Ryo. We need to talk. D-do you remember m-much about how you got there?"

Why did she ask that again? She had been meaning ask but, oh. Right, that. Ryo was, more than a bit pissed at the Fool. Homicidal at the very least, something beyond just panic and desperation. Something must've have happened before they showed up, right? Right, that makes sense. ...She thinks. Ugh. If Akari could not get thrown into the ruins for a few days, that'd be great.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 03, 2018, 06:27:42 pm »

Ryo blinks. Already? She fuzzily recalls the earliest bits of last night.

"I was... practicing my hobby, when that jackass opened my window and climbed through. I threw a candle at him, and then he attacked me with flashing lights and weird noises. I was paralyzed, unable to do anything with some sick weirdo standing in my only sanctuary and walking toward me intent on god knows what. Then I fell unconcious."

Ryo's expression turns extremely dark. If looks could kill, the concrete below her feet would likely be vaporized.

"I don't like him, if that's not apparent."
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 03, 2018, 08:07:41 pm »

Goddamnit. She should've asked earlier, while the Fool was still there to answer. Was this his idea of conscription? He could've at least given them a bit more help.

Wait, flashing lights? Weirdo noises?

"W-wait, w-whats this about lights and noises? D-do you remember anything else about that part?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 03, 2018, 08:17:04 pm »

Ryo rubbed at an eye. "No. Now that I have context, I think he was just summoning... his..."

Trailing off into silence, Ryo blankly stared at her hand.

Did he- Could she-

"I- sorry, I have to go." she said in a rush, suddenly wide awake, adrenalin coursing through her. "I- I need to-"

With nary another word, Ryo sprints towards school, intent on finding a private place. The bathroom, probably. Mayeb the roof.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 08:21:23 pm by Dermonster »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 03, 2018, 08:26:01 pm »

She trailed off. But she said enough. Persona. He was just summoning his Persona. Oh fuck.

Damn it, she's running off already. Maybe if she had a little more sleep Aoi could catch her. Maybe. A groan.

This, complicated things. This information. What the hell Ryo was planning to do with it, was another matter entirely.

She's, not gonna Colbumbine the school is she?

Aoi follows, keeping her distance as to not startle the now-energeticand and, hopefully-not-homicidal girl.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 03, 2018, 10:42:57 pm »

Mijimeki grunts, having stuck to the sides of the conversation. But no more. He moves into a run. A sprint to match the shorter girl, his tallness, if nothing else, hopefully securing an advantage. What was he going to do, let her and his best friend run after her alone? "Ryo," he calls out, the day's first word. "Ryo!"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 05, 2018, 03:25:56 pm »

Ryo couldn't hear any words spoken with the pounding of her own heart so loud in her ears, but to put it lightly, she wasn't the fastest runner in the school.

This wouldn't have mattered in any case, because of her massive head start, except for the fact that the front door to the school was shut, costing her precious seconds.

She's still pulling it open when the tall boy finally catches up to her, slamming the door shut.

Ryo futily tugs at the door before turning to glare at him "What!?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 11, 2018, 08:46:51 pm »

[Deleted]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 08:53:07 pm by Dermonster »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 11, 2018, 08:53:35 pm »

Miji does catch up to her, long legs serving him well. He doesn't breathe that hard from exhaustion, but he does wipe beads of sweat off his forehead that formed for a different reason. "I would just like you to know," he says, face stony, "That you..." he takes a quick glance around the outside of the school, just in case. "That you 'woke up' quite recently, while Aoi, Kanade, and I 'woke up' a bit earlier."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 11, 2018, 10:28:47 pm »

Ryo looks at him, baffled by his choice in topic. What was important about that? She already knew they had theirs. They hadn't awoken them before they fought the frog, so clearly they had gotten them beforehand.

"Okay?" she says, "I already knew that?" Glancing between him and the door, Ryo tugs on the handle a few times.

"Is that all? I need to go."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 10:49:28 pm by Dermonster »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 12, 2018, 07:19:34 am »

"Hey.....you guys mind running a little slower?"
Kanade calls up as she finally catches up to the group, having been quite a distance behind when they started running after Ryo. Taking a moment to catch her breath, she looks over at Ryo.
"Are you.....seriously going to try to call your Persona?"
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40