Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again  (Read 27801 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: N A _ A _ _ _ I _ T A T I O N
« Reply #495 on: October 30, 2017, 09:47:34 pm »

"W-we need to c-conserve our energy! T-this time, guard! (please)"

Guard
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 30, 2017, 10:22:16 pm »

Ryo666.exe has run out of fucks to give. Initializing Bufu.hex
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 05, 2017, 12:02:31 am »

[bash joke]
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 05, 2017, 03:00:29 am »

Guard

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 13, 2017, 01:23:02 am »

Likely regretting the choices that led to her essentially getting punted by a giant monster, Kanade finally took Aoi's advice, and rather than make a suicidal rush against the faltering frog creature, she put herself on the defensive. Kanade took a couple steps away from the front line of the battle, and hunched over, putting herself into a (relatively) solid stance and protecting her head with her arms.
Kanade Guards!

Having seen Kanade charge and get very much punished for it probably didn't decrease Aoi's willingness to guard. Therefore, casting out a plea for her friend to actually protect herself, Aoi followed her own advice, instinctively putting herself at an angle so that whatever the frog cast out wouldn't hit her dead on, and crouching a bit to further reduce its ability to land a solid hit on her.
Aoi Guards!

Perhaps the Mutilated Frog had some sort of inexplicable vendetta against Kanade. It was, of course, completely impossible to tell what the aberration was thinking, but it would be one potential explanation for the monster lifting its glowing leg and once again sending it down hurtling at the poor healer. This time, her defensive stance prevented the attack from being as horribly damaging as last time, but it still certainly hurt.
Kanade takes 31 damage!

And then, as if that wasn't enough, the Frog proceeded to hit her again, this time almost as an afterthought, slicing at her with a Garu thrown, if not with anywhere close to as much gravitas as the kick, still painful accuracy and force. Kanade now had a couple more cuts along her body and clothing, but despite once again being rather wounded, she was still on her feet.
The Frog deals Kanade 22 damage!

Going thoroughly on the offensive seemed to have been a working strategy for Ryo so far, and she had clearly enjoyed unleashing her power... so she didn't stop now. Bringing forth Cthulhu, Ryo sent out an unhesitant Bufu in the direction of the group's enemy, which struck it directly, crackles, exploded, and rent a couple of new tears in the horribly shredded beast's hide. It was an ichor-oozing, damaged mess by now.
Ryo does 28 damage with a Bufu!

Finally, Mijimeki embarked upon his own assault, raising his fist into the air, clutching his card fragment within it, and then crushing it, which brought Frankenstein's Monster forth... and then Mijimeki bounded forward and brought that fist downwards in a violent gesture. As usual, Frankenstein's Monster echoed this motion, and a brutal fist was brought down upon the monster's head, finally causing its legs to give out and for the monster to hit the floor with a loud, sickening crack, finally meeting its end in a last gout of ichor.
Mijimeki deals 37 damage with a Bash!

Players:
Spoiler: Aoi Tachibana/Faust (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kanade Akiyama/Lenore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ryo Kamimoto/Cthulhu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Enemies:
Spoiler: Mutilated Frog (click to show/hide)

Finally the fight reached its conclusion, and the Mutilated Frog lay still, its slashed body surrounded by its own ichor, gushed out by many rents, blows, and blasts over the course of the violent battle. Then, slowly, the Frog began to melt away, motes of darkness and a soft red light emanating from it as its body began to disappear bit by bit. This process would take a few seconds, it seemed, not that they had too much of a reason to rush, anymore.

Sounds begin to come from the wreck of the train, grunts and the noises of someone shifting against something.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:25:12 pm by Powder Miner »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 14, 2017, 11:00:41 pm »

Ryo panted heavily as the frog finally finally collapsed. She had hardly been damaged, and the only true cost was the rips and tears on her clothes. Vengence well served.

This was all more than a little crazy. Giant glowing frogs? Mythical creatures residing in her head? None of he rbooks had talked about this. Then again, the living personification of madness WAS taking up space on her metaphysical couch, so a little insanity was to be expected. With every section of frog that crumbled away, she felt the echo grow stronger and stronger. She liked that feeling.

A quick glance at the other three- what were they even doing here- confirmed they were still standing, if damaged much more than she was. The one with the polearm looked ready to collapse in a stuff breeze. Not her problem. They seemed distracted with the vanishing corpse for some reason, so it was a good time to scram. She didn't feel like talking to any of these people.

A faint sound from the train caught her attention. Was that asshole still there? A faint, sinister grin graced her features once more. Even if magic didn't seem to work, she could work something out. Seemed it was time for one final payback.

Ryo sneaks away from the collapsing frog and goes to inflict retribution upon her kidnapper.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 15, 2017, 05:17:16 am »

Unfortunately for Ryo, the green-haired nuisance seemed to have other plans in mind, for with a quick mutter, something along the lines of "K-keep Kanade safe" she begins heading the same way, a little less sneaky, a little more brisk, some red glint emanating from her clenched hands.

Answers. She needed answers. Answers for, well, a lot of things really, the most pressing one of course being "What the hell is this?"
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:28:21 pm by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 15, 2017, 05:26:03 am »

"Wait up! I need to heal you. And me-Ow!"
Kanade limps along behind as she uses Lenore to heal her own and her team's wounds.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 15, 2017, 08:31:46 am »

Mijimeki grunts, moving forward and wrapping a single arm around Kanade's shoulder in an uncharacteristic noogie. "Don't do that again," he says to her, before shifting his head to Aoi in a nod. "Call if you need help with her."
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 19, 2017, 10:01:32 pm »

Finally, the ooze constituting the remains of the giant, ranine monster finishes the process of its evaporation, leaving a much smaller, more shallow layer of a thick black tar-like substance on the ground, the things under it now visible. First off, there are four pieces of equipment that have been dropped by the frog, or that came into existence, or something of the sort: a more genuine naginata than the one Kanade is wielding (in other words, an actual naginata rather than a dinky spear), a
men's happi with the symbol of a lion on its back that seems to practically radiate an aura of might and manliness, what looks to be survivalist's gear with a bulletproof vest and padding, and a set of thick leather gloves that are far sturdier-looking than what Aoi is currently wearing, down to pads under the metal knucklecaps.

The party gains Naginata, Lion Happi, Survival Guard, and Thick Knuckled Gloves!

There's also a person there, covered head to toe in the layer of black ooze much like before, and again like before said layer of ooze is thinner around the face and head -- though exactly what their face looks like isn't visible, it's clear they're not suffocating. This person also has moderately long brown hair, currently tamped down by spots and bits of the black tar.

Aoi and Ryo both approach the train, and slowly the Grey Shade emerges from the wreckage of the train, one hand holding his hood down and the other finding various spots to grab and push or pull in the wreckage as he slowly makes his way to a kneeling position, then starts to struggle to actually get to his feet properly. "Hnn... damn... was not prepared..."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 19, 2017, 10:05:15 pm »

"A-are you alright? - could you please tell us w-what this is all about? We can't help if we don't know."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 19, 2017, 10:26:21 pm »

Ryo skips the song and dance and immediently attempts to kick her kidnapper in the ribs.

"Fuck you to the tenth generation! I HOPE YOUR GREAT GRANDKIDS HAVE A SCAR IN THE SHAPE OF MY FOOT ON THEIR ASS you UTTER- PIECE- OF- SHIT!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 19, 2017, 10:34:35 pm »

Upon Ryo's accelerated approach, the Grey Shade stops trying to get to his feet, letting himself fall to his knees again, and then when she lashes her foot out to try and kick him, he proceeds to whip his hands out and just catch her foot before her kick connects, instantly arresting the motion... and Ryo finds that even if his legs are weak, his arms clearly aren't, as even as she reflexively pulls her foot back his grip remains solid. "Won't work."

Then, he brings one foot onto the floor, his good foot, his other knee still on the ground and the floor of the smashed train. It's at this point that he finally lets go of Ryo's foot, and answers Aoi, not yet trying to fully hoist himself up off of the ground, and not looking away from Ryo. "I'll be fine. Can explain, but-- need to do something first. Won't leave. Before explaining."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 19, 2017, 10:41:13 pm »

A flicker of motion. A shout in her ear. With a quiet "Eep!" and a step away from her clearly homicidal comrade- wait no that doesn't sound right, uh, schoolmate(?), that one crazy girl(?) uh, with a step away from Ryo, she winces, that, could've been bad.

"I-it's the person in the f-frog right?" She starts, trying to just not even acknowledge what had happened. She half-heartedly offers a Life Stone to the figure.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 20, 2017, 12:35:07 am »

Mijimeki walks over to the puddle of ooze, eyes calmly trained on the person there. He prods the body with his sneakers. "Hey. Were you a frog just now."
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40