Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again  (Read 27804 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: N A _ A _ _ _ I _ T A T I O N
« Reply #480 on: September 19, 2017, 08:05:06 am »

I'm too sick to think of a proper mystic chant.

Blah blah cryptic nonsense BUFU THE FROG.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 28, 2017, 06:03:31 am »

((Okay I'm assuming that Aoi will know that Ryo is to light or at the very least, not weak to wind due to being in the same party as her now. Since she's not exactly going to blow a buff on someone that for all she knows could probably be blown away.))

((By my calcs, assuming that basic magic has a Modifier of x1.0, the OOC stats are correct and factor equipment into account, rounding is to nearest integer, and that guarding halves incoming damage, that I didn't screw things up... this frog should have 6-7 END and 7 MAG.

6-7 END because Miji's maximum zio output versus 7 END is only ~27, and Aoi's maximum age output versus 6 END is 22.5))

A flash of fire. Neutral.
A crackle of ice. Neutral.
The roar of lightning. Weak.

Wind. Howling, cutting wind. Neutral as well.

No chance of knock-down, not with only one lightning user. Kanade's hurt.
Miji, isn't much of a caster when it comes down to it. And she had the sinking feeling the frog wouldn't be weak to physical attacks.

Seven shots left. Empowerments cost two.

She'll be cutting it close again this time. Canada's powerful, but she's probably got her hands full. Miji? He might be their best shot. If, that niggling little if, it wasn't resistant to physical flow, if he doesn't get targeted too much, if Kanade doesn't get overwhelmed. Ryo... she was a better ice user than her. If everything else fails, if it all comes crashing back down at least she could...

Damn it all. Seven shots left.

But...

But, everyone else was more useful. If that's the case then...

"K-keep firing... I-I'll try and draw its fire..."

Aoi charges the frog, zig-zagging haphazardly in an attempt to throw off its aim as she casts Tarukaja on Ryo.

Five shots left.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 30, 2017, 06:11:13 am »

Miji uses Bash
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 02, 2017, 09:50:21 am »

"Hey, you three mind covering me? I'm feeling a little bullied over here!"
Kanade retreats back, indeed looking very bullied and rather irritated by her current predicament, pulling up Lenore to cover herself.
Dia on herself

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 11, 2017, 11:34:53 pm »

Frustrated by the singular focus that this creature seemed to be showing her, Kanade calls out for the aid of her friends (and Ryo), before she takes a few steps backwards, hopefully away from the wrath of the somewhat-shredded frog, and summons her Persona with a flash -- looking to avoid being in the same position as its inspiration, Kanade has her Persona heal her with a Dia.
Kanade uses Dia on herself, healing for 58 HP and re-reaching full health!

Aoi reassures her friend, and then charges in the direction of the Frog, feet pounding concrete as she runs across the floor of the station, moving in erratic patterns as she approached the horribly marred creature, before she raises an arm, summons her hooded Persona, and... proceeds to turn around and cast a buff on Ryo, apparently. Still, the somewhat-crazy girl does feel stronger.
Aoi casts Tarukaja on Ryo!

Evidently, the creature feels that it can safely ignore Aoi, because it raises one of its cut-up legs, oozing blackly, and it fires off a blast of wind at Ryo, and the rapidity with which it snaps off the painful gust at the girl is such that she finds herself unable to dodge it at all, and the Garu is upon her, slicing a couple of furrows into her clothing, and cuts into her flesh.
The Mutilated Frog hits Ryo with a Garu, dealing 34 damage!

Instead of attacking again, however, it raises its leg an additional time, and it begins to glow much as it did before it smashed the train car earlier.

Ryo, now with Aoi's Tarukaja boosting her power, rather immediately gets some revenge upon the monster, firing a powerful blast of ice out at the gigantic, dark, and wounded amphibian. Ice crackles upon the skin of the frog, and though it isn't faltering Ryo can brag of a fairly respectable hit on the beast.
Ryo does 33 damage with a Bufu!

Finally, Mijimeki takes confident steps forwards, before bringing his Persona into the mix: Frankenstein's Monster pops into brief existence, to bring its grey, bulky fists towards the massive opponent of the four students. The attack doesn't strike a weak spot or concuss the frog, or something like that, but it does connect with a thoroughly meaty smack.
Mijimeko does 30 damage with a Bash!

Players:
Spoiler: Aoi Tachibana/Faust (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kanade Akiyama/Lenore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ryo Kamimoto/Cthulhu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Enemies:
Spoiler: Mutilated Frog (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:52:54 pm by Powder Miner »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 12, 2017, 10:14:39 am »

Ryo grits her teeth at the howling wind, but recoils at her ruined garments.

"I Liked this shirt!" She screeches, furious. "I'll shatter the blood in your veins!"

Bufu the frog!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 13, 2017, 04:46:03 pm »

Raising her arms up, Aoi relaxes, or at least tries to, raising the music higher. Better to be struck and thrown than to crumple. Less damage to the body that way.

Guard.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 14, 2017, 06:03:19 am »

Mijimeki slams his fists together, though the cool expression on his face continues to be unwavered. Another roaring cry of "Persona!" signals the gaunt boy's next crushing blow.

Bash
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 14, 2017, 06:36:30 am »

Attack, attack, attack!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 20, 2017, 03:27:12 am »

Throwing caution to the wind, Kanade shows a surprising amount of aggression, hefting her spear and plain-out charging at the gigantic frog creature. The tapping of her feet sounds across the section of the train station that they're battling in, and when Kanade finally reaches the aberration, with a shout she sinks the spear into the frog... maybe an inch deep. Oh.
Kanade does 8 damage to the Mutilated Frog with her Demi-Naginata

In a little bit of a reversal, Aoi takes on a defensive roll while her friend takes on an offensive one. Perhaps remembering all the horroble burns and bruises that she had accrued over the other fights she'd been in, Aoi responds to the glowing of the Frog, and angles herself to take any incoming blows the best she can, music blaring almost loud enough for the others to hear as she raises her arms in front of her face.
Aoi guards!

The glow on the Frog's leg peaks, and that's when the other shoe drops, so to speak. Lashing out at the one who had poked it, the monster sends a leg springing out towards Kanade at blinding speed. With a loud, brutal THUD, the kick slams into Kanade, driving the wind out of her and actually lifting her a couple of inches off of the ground, causing her to have to step wildly to keep her balance. While having a Persona kept her from going the way of the train, the blow was eye-watering, and it left her bloodied.
Kanade takes 86 damage from a Power Charged Bash!!

The Frog follows up its savage kick with a gust of wind that seems almost like an afterthought in comparison, but a Garu still is a Garu, and it's Mijimeki that finds himself facing the attack, the gust of magical wind blowing against him. Still, when compared to Kanade it's hard to worry too much.
The Mutilated Frog does 27 damage with a Garu!

Ryo draws back with fury and grief over... her lost shirt. Then she challenges that rage into attack, her Persona Cthulhu appearing for a flash as she angrily flung a Bufu at the frog. The frog's blood doesn't shatter in its vein as she'd promised it, but sudden crystals of freezing ice jabbing its body probably wasn't something it found comfortable.
Ryo does 28 damage with a Bufu!

Finally, Mijimeki steps forward, eager to deal the Frog a decent blow... and to get back at it for Kanade, considering what the thing just did to her. Raising his arm back and tensing for a punch, Mijimeki has a moment of figurative hang time before his fist goes hurtling forwards. While he may not be within punching range, his Persona sure is, and Frankenstein's grey fist slams into the Frog without any of said hesitation.
Mijimeki's Bash deals 29 damage!

Players:

Enemies:

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 20, 2017, 10:31:18 am »

Attempt to modify Mabufu to hit the frog multiple times! It's pretty big, right? Just aim at multiple spots, like the head and then both feet and arms and the torso.

If that's completely insane, regular bufu instead.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 23, 2017, 08:46:40 pm »

"T-the fuck was that Kanade?"

Tarukaja on Mijimeki.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 23, 2017, 09:37:18 pm »

No words.

If words cannot save the foolhardy, so be it.

No protection.

If protection cannot save the victimized, so be it.

If neither words nor protection is the way, then there can only be relentless action.

Again and again, blow after blow, until the deed is done or time immemorial has ended.

That is the meaning of perseverance.

B*A*S*H
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 25, 2017, 11:02:45 am »

Media
"It was worth a shot....ow...."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 30, 2017, 09:26:37 pm »

Kanade complained as she defended her choice of action -- that kick had been fairly grievous, and she was bleeding probably much more than she would like to be. However, even as heavily wounded as Kanade was, she wasn't the only one with wounds, and so the spell that went out when she summoned her Persona wasn't a simple Dia, but a Media, pink warmth bolstering the entire party. Everyone except for Kanade finds themselves back in peak fighting shape, and even Kanade isn't suffering nearly so heavily. Kanade uses Media, healing the entire party for 56 HP!

Judging by the incredulous, cursing question she posed, Aoi had found it hard to believe that her noodly-armed friend would actually charge the gigantic frog with a spear, but that almost stunned disbelief, thankfully for the group, did not actually result in stunning. Aoi summoned her own, cloaked Persona, and a different bolstering energy came over Mijimeki, waves of energy making him feel more magically powerful, and even physically stronger. Tarukaja sure was nice.
Aoi buffs Mijimeki with a Tarukaja!

The Frog lets out a loud noise, that... sounds halfway between a RIBBIT and like someone poorly trying to imitate a frog. The bizarreness of its noise doesn't stop it from being dangerous, however, as it sends a blast of wind off at Aoi, which hits her dead center. The blast of wind most certainly does not feel good, hitting her dead on and cutting her up, but it's nothing that she can't handle right now, a couple of cuts oozing a little bit of blood being not what it takes to put her down.
The Frog hits Aoi with 31 damage with a Garu!

After this, the horrible beast holds back again, its leg beginning to glow as it Charges up for its next attack!

Ryo briefly entertains the idea of trying to do some gambit here she'd hit the Frog multiple times with a Mabufu, but suddenly she gets this instinctive feeling, the same one that lets her know how to use her Persona, that that wouldn't work. So instead she just hits the frog with a Bufu, her blast of ice crackling and shattering noisily against the rent skin of the aberration. Its screech tells her, of course, that it doesn't like being hit, but it's just another incremental blow to the monster.
Ryo does 36 damage to the Frog with a Bufu!

With his freshly boosted strength, Mijimeki once more goes on the assault against the giant, horrible "amphibian", drawing his fist back as Frankenstein's Monster pops into existence; though he doesn't speak, his ferocity is on display through his actions, with Frankenstein's Monster's fist slamming with a loud thud against the monster, causing it to suddenly spurt its black ooze of "blood" as it is hit with simple, brute force. It is in rather poor shape now, bleeding and croaking panickedly.
Mijimeki does 42 damage with a Bash!

Players:

Enemies:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:36:14 pm by Powder Miner »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40