Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again  (Read 27803 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: N A _ A _ _ _ I _ T A T I O N
« Reply #465 on: August 25, 2017, 08:18:46 pm »

((Sorry about the belated response, assignment work had me bogged down this week.))

Another voice, rough, slightly echoed by the interior of the carriage. There's someone else in there. Who the hell was in there with her? "W-who's in there with you? I can't get an angle!" She spins back, turning to face her allies "G-get into cover! Ready up if need be! Ryo, c-can you leave the carriage? I've a feeling it won't be enough p-protection what's coming!" Aoi herself shifts slightly, moving as to keep the carriage between her and that horrid noise.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 25, 2017, 08:34:19 pm »

Kanade looks around, an expression of concern on her face.
".....we should leave. Now. You may not trust us, but it's either sticking with us or taking your chances with whatever's coming."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 25, 2017, 08:50:17 pm »

Ryo grits her teeth.

"I'm facing the guy who kidnapped me! You want me to just leave him?"

Even with this new power, she can't seem to do anything. Why...?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 26, 2017, 06:31:18 pm »

The grey shade huh. The crackle of ice, the sound of their voice, something was missing. Retaliation. It wasn't fighting back, not unless it was trying to stab her, but the girl sounded angry, not immediately threatened. "Y-you're f-facing a guy who can fucking teleport away!" She leans forwards, raising her voice "H-hey you! C-could you -PLEASE- give us an e-explanation when this is over! That's all I ask"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 26, 2017, 11:03:27 pm »

Teleport!? Thats- Well, she would say insane, but with everything else that has happened, perhaps it's more plausable than before.

It just makes her want to hurt the guy even more, before he can get away, but... none of her magic (she has magic now, it's real) did anything. Is this shitbag really so far above her?

"Damnit... DAMNIT!" It's the footsteps, louder and louder that forces her hand. Stay here, try to attack the guy and do nothing, or stop herself from getting crushed by that thing. She punches the wall in frustration. "You better hope we never meet again." she grits out. But then it's time to go.

Ryo exits the traincar at speed.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 31, 2017, 05:05:07 am »

As Ryo leaves the train car, the figure inside (presently on his knees on the ground, clearly having felt being swept off his feet) mutters "Persona!", and a vaguely Indian-looking figure flashes into existence for a moment, waving a hand and causing a wave of pink to spread out and heal everyone in the party to full health.

The pounding finally is heard clearly and loudly, as its source becomes readily visible: A gigantic, mutilated frog-like creature, with a tar-black body, a maw of shattered teeth, and some sort of roughly hacked-off protrusion visible as a ruined stump on its back is bounding towards the players, letting out a horrible sound somewhere between tearing and croaking.

The grey figure in the train car looks at it, and pulls out a cylinder, before calling roughly out to Aoi. "Yes... will explain what I think I can, but-- fast!" He then stops talking and angles his head expectantly towards the group.
Battle is about to begin -- make your choice now to either use a Goho-M or fight the boss.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 31, 2017, 07:26:02 am »

Stand and fight.

((But don't forget we're all taking cover as well :P))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 07:28:36 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 31, 2017, 08:26:10 am »

Fight.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 31, 2017, 03:04:14 pm »

Fight, begrudgingly.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 01, 2017, 04:16:32 pm »

The four Persona-users turn towards the approaching creature, prepared to stand up and fight (if, in one case, far from eagerly), and the grey figure seems to be satisfied with this, putting away his own escape device and starting the process of standing back up from his kneeling position. Ryo had just the amount of time she needed to more securely equip the robe before the monster (Shadows, the grey shade had called these things when addressing Ryo) got into range to engage the team of teenagers.

And when it got into that range, the very first thing the monster did was, rather than attack any of the four standing onto the station floor, swivel and slam a huge, padded, and glowing foot into the train. As the monstrosity's leg pounded into the train, it sent the remaining shards of glass in the train flying, it bent the frame of the train, thoroughly ruining the car, and it sent the grey figure flying, where he slammed into the wall and then dropped to the floor under the window, no longer within the team's line of sight. Then, the cut-up creature brought its leg back, the glow diminishing, and looked directly at the party. So begins the fight!

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Players:
Spoiler: Aoi Tachibana/Faust (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kanade Akiyama/Lenore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ryo Kamimoto/Cthulhu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Enemies:
Spoiler: Mutilated Frog (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 01, 2017, 05:29:34 pm »

"I'm almost grateful." Ryo says, watching the grey man get his ass handed to him. "Too bad I don't like frogs!"

Artfully brandishing her book with a manic grin, Ryo starts chanting, "Frigid wind, icy gale! Long dead ice snap and wail! Behold now, dread Cthulhu! Strike it down, with arctic Bufu!"

(Non-book) Bufu on frog. :v

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 01, 2017, 06:13:07 pm »

Impact.
Hard. Physical.
Cover won't do any good.

Aoi rushes out of cover, heading nowhere in particular.

When it comes down to it, dodging will do little. Glancing down at herself, she sighed, this was gonna hurt. In her hand appeared to a blank shard. She crushes it.

"K-kanade, guard! Miji, Zio!"

Appearing behind her, Faust conjures a bolt  fire in his hands and hurls it forwards.

Agi on Mutilated Frog.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 09, 2017, 10:57:32 pm »

Guard

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 10, 2017, 10:41:25 pm »

zap that croaky bitch
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 19, 2017, 03:47:19 am »

Quickest on the metaphorical draw is Kanade, but after how grueling the previous battle proved to be for her and for Aoi, Kanade clearly isn't out to take any risks. She moves a couple of steps backwards, putting a bit of distance between her and the frog, and she keeps her head down (and her arm up), presently just trying to make sure that if she gets hit it isn't a critical issue. Kanade Guards!

Having barked the commands which led to her friend defending herself, Aoi then immediately follows them up by summoning her Persona. Cloaked Faust appears behind her, and with an ominous stare in the frog's direction, one of Aoi's varied spells is flung at it, a fiery Agi. It impacts against the monster, and the amount of damage it does isn't minuscule (though not especially grand either)... but to its credit, the horrible creature seems to be tough enough that it's going to take much more than this to kill it. 21 damage dealt!

Next up is the frog creature itself, which probes the waters by sending two whirls of violently twisting, gusting wind out to at the party... and, in fact, at one specific person, Kanade, who finds her guard immediately tested as she is buffeted by the two bursts of Garu. Each of them is painful, slashing at her shirt and arms and cheek, and they together leave her in a state that isn't fantastic... but she is on her feet, and not bleeding to death either.
Kanade is dealt 17 and 18 damage by two Garus!

Ryo, not quite happy with her situation or no, is still willing enough to try to kill the frog, and once again her tentacle-faced Persona is brought out to fight. With a fanciful chant, Ryo brings energies of ice to bear, and launches a Bufu at the monster, its old wounds now joined by one new one. Still, the frog isn't even slowing down, as this promises to be at least a little bit of a grueling battle.
Ryo's Bufu does 26 damage to the Mutilated Frog!

Finally, Mijimeki makes his often-ponderous move, the massive and grey Frankenstein's Monster appearing for a flash. But that ponderous movement is from from purposeless, as he is following Aoi's plan, summoning his Persona to cast a bolt of lightning at the thing that just hammered Kanade with two blasts of wind. Mijimeki's magical blasts aren't the most powerful, and at least superficially he put out about the level of strength that Ryo did. Still, the Frog clearly did NOT like it, letting out a loud croak and suddenly looking a lot less steady.
Mijimeki casts Zio against the Frog, dealing 28 damage and (hitting its weakness) staggering it!

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Players:
Spoiler: Aoi Tachibana/Faust (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kanade Akiyama/Lenore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ryo Kamimoto/Cthulhu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Enemies:
Spoiler: Mutilated Frog (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40