Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again  (Read 27811 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: N A _ A _ _ _ I _ T A T I O N
« Reply #450 on: August 04, 2017, 08:02:52 pm »

Ryo stares, face open with horror at the alien creatures ahead of her, surrounded by this alien landscape. A step back, two, and she falls to her knees. What is this? What is this!? Her body is numb, an icy grip steadily encompassing her heart, alien whispers crowding out her thoughts. Telling her to reach out and...

Turning her head, she beholds the man in the grey cloth still standing there. "Where... am I." She rasps, mouth dry. "What is this?"

It wasn't supposed to be real.

She feels cold.

So cold.

"What did you do to me!?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 04, 2017, 08:33:49 pm »

There's a long pause from the grey figure. "...can't explain. Like this. But... it's necessary."

He shifts his position in an odd way, seeming to focus on something for a moment, and then just stands there again.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 04, 2017, 08:57:22 pm »

Necessary. The word bruns in her head like frostbite; cold, cruel and uncaring.

"Necessary." she repeats. He's just like them, she realizes. Just like those bastards at school. Just using her for their own sick gain.

"Necessary to climb through my window in the dead of night. Necessary to assault and kidnap me from my home. Necessary to bring me to a shithole and strand me with abominations right outside the front door!?"

She's almost screaming now, the frustration of so many years of torment suddenly crashing upon her all at once. The ice in her heart is straining at the seams; a glacier about to crumble and lay waste to the land around her. She can lmost hear the snap of cracking frost.

But for a moment, all she can do is...

"Why?" Ryo pleads. Why her? Why this? Why. Why why why why why whywhywhywhywhy-
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 04, 2017, 09:24:01 pm »

Noises. Approaching. Unlike anything she had ever heard. It didn't take a genius to figure out what it was.
"W-we need to kill this quickly and regroup. Or run."
Another spear of ice precipitates in Faust's hand. This wouldn't be enough. She knew it wouldn't be enough. But if she could just stagger it, then maybe they could run. Regroup. Prepare for what's to come.
Bufu Lying Hablerie 1.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 04, 2017, 11:06:51 pm »

The grey figure continues his stunted explanation, voice straining with emotion at multiple points. "The world... kkh. Can't explain now... it's my fault. Have to fix it. ...I'm so sorry..."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 04, 2017, 11:51:06 pm »

The apology passes through Ryo like so much a silent breeze. Nonsense words, jumbled together incoherently in a feeble attempt to justify himself. Deflections and vague intentions toward something bigger, with no intention of revealing the truth in mind.

It starts off as a chuckle, progressing into a laugh and finally metamorphizing into a full blown hysterical cackle.

"There's no fucking reason. There's never been any reason!" She laughs; because it's all a big joke, and she's the punchline.

"No more..." she says, clenching her fishs hard enough to draw blood. "I'm not taking any more of this bullshit!"

The blizzard calls to her, beckoning with it's frigid embrace. Slowly, appearing in a shimmer of white flakes, a fragment of something falls down from on high, swiviling in midair.

Instinctively, she reaches out, the incantation burning a frozen wake through her mind. A fragment of a card floats eerily above her open palm, the illustration depicted incomplete and ruined.

"Let the icy grasp of death consume your soul."

She crushes the fragment.

And steps into the cold.

"PERSONA!"

Spoiler: old version (click to show/hide)

Ryo casts Mabufu on: Goddamn everything. The grey man, the entire train, the Slipping Hablerie outside. Everything.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:18:23 pm by Dermonster »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 05, 2017, 12:00:40 am »

"H-hey guys." Aoi grins, at least, she tries to. "I think I found her."
She walks to the side, picking up an errant cinderblock.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 09, 2017, 03:15:15 am »

Mijimeki simply whistles a low tone at the newly-awakened user.

And shoots the remaining Hablerie in the face.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 18, 2017, 04:00:23 am »

Stab the Hablerie.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 19, 2017, 02:10:45 am »

Aoi shoots off a blast of ice at the sole remaining of their opponents, which smacks right into it: given that Aoi is faster than the pink aberration, it wouldn't have much luck evading her. The effect the blast has isn't battle-endingly devastating, but it is most certainly a solid hit, and given that these pink monsters seem to have a lack of aptitude for dealing with ice, it sends the creature reeling, not quite stunned but probably on its way there.
Aoi casts Bufu, doing 38 damage and staggering the Slipping Hablerie!

Mijimeki then raises his gun rather than summon his Persona, another BANG ringing out as he pulls the trigger and sends the bullet flying at the pink creature. Accompanied by Mijimeki's whistle as he observes Ryo's ongoing awakening, the bullet strikes into the creature, dealing it a wound that is somewhat shallower and smaller, but that is nonetheless indeed a wound.
Mijimeki shoots the Slipping Hablerie for 18 damage!

The monster does get a chance off to strike back even with the Persona-users mobbing it, and it uses that chance to lash out at Kanade, turning to build a bit of momentum and then slamming its gigantic tongue into her. The wind is expelled from her lungs as it slams her directly in the chest, and painfully at that -- Kanade is barely on her feet, swaying and stumbling, and it's readily apparent that she's not capable of taking another blow like this.
Slipping Hablerie 2 Bashes Kanade for 33 damage!

Swaying on her feet as she may be, Kanade isn't laid out on the ground -- and thusly, the wounded girl gets to action, hefting her spear and backing a couple of steps up before then using those to charge at the thing, sticking her spear into it. Unfortunately, she doesn't have the strength to push that spear very far into it, but she has at least wounded it somewhat.
Kanade stabs the Hablerie for 8 damage!

Livid, shaking, and practically homicidally infuriated, Ryo brings a fragment of a blue card into existence, depicting a head with a straw hat, though in silhouette. Then she yanks it out of the air, crushing it, and with a cry of "Persona!" she unleashes a newfound ability. A large green figure appears; winged, ominous, and with tentacles drooping from its face, it looks unblinkingly at Ryo and a voice speaks in her head: "I am but a piece of infinite possibility. Yet I shall help you banish falsehoods and do what must be done." And that's when it proceeds to unleash the destruction that Ryo so desperately wants to. Ice crystals appear in a radius around Ryo as she decided to hit everything she can, and then they explode in a full Mabufu. The grey shade is hit, but with a flash of light the attack proceeds to... do nothing whatsoever to the it. The train, however, is a different story, remaining windows exploding in a shower of glass and some of the train's wall denting, sending the shade to the ground. Then there's the monster, which is rocked by the blast and rolled over -- not only is it being weakened and wounded like its counterpart was, but it seems to be laying stunned and unmoving on the ground! Kanade feels a chill -- the Mabufu cut out only a couple of inches from hitting her right in the face.
Ryo awakens and blasts a Mabufu everywhere, the attack being nulled against the Shade, causing destruction to her surroundings, and dealing 38 damage to Slipping Hablerie 2 and downing it!

With the monster rolling stunned on the ground, there is no hesitation, and the three friends roll in, stabbing and shooting and (in Aoi's case) viciously punching at the thing while its down. Blow after blow after bullet after blow rains down, and the creature is utterly unable to deal with it, disappearing into black motes like all the rest.
Slipping Hablerie is hit for 75 damage by an All-Out Attack, killing it!

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Players:
Spoiler: Aoi Tachibana/Faust (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kanade Akiyama/Lenore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Enemies:
Spoiler: Magic Hand (click to show/hide)

As the last monster dissipates, a couple of things become clear. First off, there seems to be some loot, with a couple of the red glowing healing stones being left behind, as well as... another one of the robes Aoi is wearing, somehow. The party gains two Life Stones and a Charm Robe!

The second thing is that whatever is coming after them is close -- the sporadic but rhythmic sounds it makes as it approaches from elsewhere in the station is louder and louder, and the team is going to have to grab their gear and get Ryo coming with them in just a few seconds if they want to make it in time.

Thankfully, this task isn't going to be hindered by wounds: from the broken train comes a pink light that sweeps over everyone in the group, fully healing their wounds even down to aches and pains.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:17:52 am by Powder Miner »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 19, 2017, 03:27:51 am »

Sounds. Approaching.
It's coming.
A foe. A threat.
There was still time. Not enough, but enough to prepare.
...Or to run.

They had three healing stones, two power restorers, and one cylinder. Enough to make a getaway, but that's all. Next time they come in, they'd have no way out, no lifeline, not unless they get more, and the sinking feeling in her stomach told her just where they'd be. "L-let's stand a-and fight. Pr-prepare yourselves. If, if th-things go s-south, we still had the cylinder... I'll f-fetch Ryo."

Rushing over to the side of the train, she tosses the robes and book inside. "H-here! D-do you b-believe us now? Take these! T-there's n-not much time! Something's coming and w-we'll need your help!"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:31:58 am by Empiricist »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 19, 2017, 04:02:04 am »

Mijimeki cracks his knuckles with an audible pop. He steps forward, pistol flipping around in his hands wildly. "Alright. I'm trusting you on that." Truth be told, the youth still glances from Aoi to Ryo in worry from the last performance they had, but in the next moment he has his eyes firmly forward. He steps in front of everyone, gun slapping neatly into his hands as he looks out for whatever is coming to get them.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 19, 2017, 12:23:18 pm »

Ryo spins around in shock, years of experience letting her dodge the book but not the robe, which ensnared her. Uncaring of any words that followed, Ryo sgrabbed a fistful of the fabric and yanked it off of her.

"What the fuck do you think-" Ryo cuts herself off, noticing a strange feeling coming from the robe. Examining it for a fraction of a second, she realized, this cloak held some strange power. Armor? Grinning, she knelt down to investigate the ook at her feet. This too had some arcane power, an emminance of frost played across it's pages.

"Well now, this could be handy." Turning back to the grey shade, Ryo completely ignored the girl and called upon the books power.

"You think I'm done with you, bastard? Know the meaning of cold!"

Ryo attempts to use the books bufu to cause environmental damage to the grey man again.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 19, 2017, 12:36:34 pm »

The bufu released from the book she was tossed is a lot weaker than her other spell, and only targets the shade instead of damaging everything else -- and then it just slides off of him harmlessly again, only having done minor damage to the area immediately around him. At least it wasn't a drain on Ryo at all. The grey shade lets out some sort of frustrated noises, and speaks again in his somewhat rough and not entirely sane-sounding voice. "More to worry about. It's coming to kill you!"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 19, 2017, 01:06:06 pm »

Ryo growls. "Why can't I hit you?"

Turning, she notes the form of the girl still standing there. What was her name? Unimportant. "You. Are you just going to stand there, or are you going to help me take this bastard dow...n..." she pauses, tilting her head. She can hear something in the distance, pounding.

"Is that... footsteps? No... what?"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:07:07 pm by Dermonster »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40