Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again  (Read 27810 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: Once More Unto the Breach (In Reality)
« Reply #435 on: July 19, 2017, 03:24:04 am »

The two groups charge towards each other, and the first attack to make contact is that of one of the slavering monsters -- the spherical opponent has been turning to wind itself up as it moves, and the reach of its gigantic black tongue ensures that the hard muscle slams into Aoi's stomach before she can land an attack herself, an attack that definitely hurts but at the least hasn't knocked the wind out of her. Aoi's still rearing and good to go, but she's no longer quite in mint condition.
Slipping Hablerie 2 Bashes Aoi, for 34 damage!

The next one to hit her target is Kanade -- having charged just a bit slower than the others, she has given herself distance to attack from range, and that range proceeds to come in handy as she calls forward her Persona, using Lenore to lob a blast of fire that directly impacts with the other floating ball before it even comes close to reaching any of the three Persona-users. Unfortunately, the fireball doesn't seem to do an awful lot to harm the creature -- while it strikes dead on, and while Kanade is certainly capable with her magic, the enemy seems to be naturally resistant to fire.
Kanade deals 14 damage to Slipping Hablerie 1, which resists Agi!

In the brief moments before the coordinated attacks of the other two teenagers come down upon the hand-shaped enemy, it has a moment to fire off an attack at someone clear and unharried... and that someone is Aoi, who once again is introduced to the unwelcome feeling of her flesh burning as the Hand's Agi collides directly with her side, burning away some of her shirt and scorching her right ribs something fierce. Despite the pain and now not necessarily being in the best of conditions, however, Aoi is unbowed, the girl still able to keep moving, even if the two attacks aren't helping her attack any faster.
The Magic Hand does 33 damage to Aoi with an Agi!

Shortly after it burns his neighbor and friend, Mijimeki closes in on the evil appendage... and immediately Frankenstein's Monster pops forth to aid his attack, his calm response to Aoi's suggestion of a tactic contrasted by his hard strike on the relatively fragile enemy; he puts his recently-learned method of kicking ass to the test as his Persona winds up and smashes the hand right in the mask on the front, the impact not quite leaving it confused but sending it flying back a good couple of feet, barely staying on its little walking fingers as it reels from the powerful, precise blow it was just dealt, the enemy's mask slightly chipped and the thing looking generally rather messed up.
Mijimeki crits the Magic Hand with his Skull Cracker, leaving it staggered and doing 65 damage!

While Mijimeki thumps its companion, the enemy that had been slightly charred by Kanade moves right past her allies in order to strike her directly in revenge -- it raises its tongue and brings it directly down to smash into her, thwacking her in the chest but thankfully not quite her sternum -- while the attack is most assuredly not very pleasant, it doesn't do much other than hurt and perhaps be a bit disgusting, and Kanade finds herself getting off of this initial clash a lot better off than her teammate.
Slipping Hablerie 1 smacks Kanade for 38 damage!

Finally, the rather beset girl gets off her own attack, and a blast of frost appears around the already-slammed hand, and the highly effective attack is of course far more than the fragile enemy can withstand -- having only got one attack off, it proceeds to fall over as the appearance of the ice chills and imparts force into it, hitting the ground with the sound of breaking ice, then proceeding to fade away into a cloud of black with red motes, Aoi having very much given as good as she got by obliterating one of her opponents.
Aoi Bufus the Magic Hand for 51 damage, killing it rather efficiently!

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Players:
Spoiler: Aoi Tachibana/Faust (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kanade Akiyama/Lenore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Enemies:
Spoiler: Magic Hand (click to show/hide)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: N A _ A _ _ _ I _ T A T I O N
« Reply #436 on: July 19, 2017, 11:08:59 pm »

Guard.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 19, 2017, 11:37:19 pm »

Dia on myself

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 23, 2017, 09:25:45 pm »

skull cracka lacka on Slipping Hablerie 1
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 24, 2017, 04:37:54 am »

Aoi elects not to go on the attack this turn -- perhaps feeling it's in her best interests just to protect herself, and perhaps really feeling that last blow. To that end, she takes a couple of steps backwards and puts her arms up, warily tracking the two floating balls intent on ruining her day. Prepared to do her best to defend from the tongue-swinging monsters, Aoi guards, making incoming attacks less effective!

Aoi's defensive tactic is rather immediately put to the test: one of the two remaining creatures follows her back, rushing in its odd hovering way over to her and twisting itself to the side. It swings its tongue at her, and it does slam into her... but it only slams into her crossed arms. Aoi rocks back with a grunt, and there are probably gonna be bruises on her arms for a bit until she's healed, but she stays remarkably solid, having weathered that attack with downright poise! Slipping Hablerie 1 bashes Aoi for 15 damage!

Aoi isn't the only one seeing to her own well-being -- Kanade may have been hit less than Aoi, but she is less tough than the green-haired girl too and she knows it. Taking a step backwards herself, Kanade raises her arm and summons her Persona -- the eerily beautiful Persona comes forth, and its arm movements match those of Kanade as she waves her hand once again. There's a pink light, and Kanade immediately feels relief as that light causes her bruises to disappear, leaving her in peak condition. Kanade heals up to 55 HP!

Finally, Mijimeki moves, and unlike his two female companions the sometimes-sullen boy, largely unharmed so far, is most definitely on the attack. Much like Kanade, he raises his arm and crushes the blue card shard that hovers above it to summon his Persona, but he's stepping forwards, and he brings his arm down in a brutal hammer blow that the grey monster that is his Persona mimics - it slams solidly into the sphere he was aiming at, and though it doesn't quite send it woozy, it does appear to have done a lot more damage than it did to Aoi.
Mijimeki uses Skull Cracker on Slipping Hablerie 1 for 35 damage!

Finally, the other floating creature attacks... ALSO targeting Aoi, whose choice to guard herself really seems to have been a wise one. Also chasing after the poor, battered girl, it twists itself in a way much akin to its fellow monster, and smacks Aoi the same way -- but once again she's moved her arms to take the brunt of the impact, keeping her arms bruised but keeping her up and conscious through it all.
Aoi is hit with another Bash for 15 damage!

Players:
Enemies:

Ryo Kamimoto wakes up, slowly, and blearily. She can't quite tell where she is, since her vision is extremely blurry, more than a normal morning's, but she can definitely feel things. Specifically, she's lying on a hard table or counter, facing upwards, her head hurts, and her eyes hurt. It may be clearing up, but it's probably one of her worse mornings.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:42:22 am by Powder Miner »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 24, 2017, 06:04:21 am »

Guard.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 24, 2017, 03:38:20 pm »

'Whuh?' Ryo thinks, her night owl nature making her a natural born morning hater. Shying away from the ambient light, she floped an arm over her face and groaned.  Fuzzily staring into nothing, she feels an excessive firmness below her instead of the soft matress of her bed.

'Did I... fall asleep on the floor? I don't...' Ryo reaches out to the side, excpecting to feel a handhold from a dresser, but instead only comes across more empty air than expected.

'An edge? Am I on my desk?'

Not entierly coherent enough to make sense out of anything, Ryo attempts to sit up, rub her eyes, and take stock of the situation.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:52:20 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 26, 2017, 02:25:00 am »

Dia Aoi

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 30, 2017, 02:01:07 am »

Mijimeki stands up, posing himself a little straighter and puffing his chest up, his previous slouch disappearing as he rises up to his full height. It's almost surprising how tall he really is. His eyes flick towards Aoi, chances on the wounds she has suffered, the fact that she's being forced to take a step back and defend herself helplessly, unable to fight back, and in the same instant flicks towards his opponents.

"Get off of her," he says, crushing the card flaring into existence in his right hand, "Or I'll have to keep beating you back down." And with a surge of energy, Frankenstein's Monster flies at Slipping Hablerie 1, readying another Skull Cracker.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 31, 2017, 06:54:07 pm »

As the two floating spheres continue to wail on and bruise poor Aoi, she finds herself stepping backwards again, the wounded girl's arms still stuck desperately in front of her as she continues to do her best to weather the oncoming assault -- but to her credit, her movement backwards seems to be surprisingly conscious and smooth, rather than simply beaten back. Aoi continues to guard, attacks being one step less effective for another turn!

Once again, one of the bruiser monsters winds itself up to slam a Persona wielder with its rock-hard and rather massive tongue. But Aoi gets a break this time -- it's not aiming to wound her again, but instead is swinging at the most fragile member of the party, and the one approaching Aoi to soothe her wounds: Kanade. Quick or no, Kanade is unable to change direction enough to avoid the hit, and thusly she is slammed in the gut, which is painful at the same time it is far from something that will take Kanade out of the fight. Kanade is struck by a Bash, taking 34 damage!

The blow to her stomach doesn't slow Kanade down, and she's soon sliding to a halt by Aoi. With a raise of her hands, an instinctual call of "Lenore!" and a flash as her Persona is summoned, Kanade soon brings a faint wave of pink magic swirling around Aoi, and at once the forming, angry bruises on Aoi's arms start to fade away. This doesn't heal her anywhere close to prime condition, but nonetheless the screaming pain in Aoi's arms essentially disappears. Kanade uses Dia on Aoi, healing her for 57 health!

The other of the two creatures doesn't let up on Aoi at all. Whether it's simply too dumb to disengage from her, whether she's just unlucky, or whether it has something out for her, she can't be sure, but in any event, the outcome is the same: the freshly-healed girl immediately finds herself attacked by the pink being, which sends its tongue swinging at her side, impacting her shoulder. Her robe and guard lower the impact significantly, but as usual it still isn't an enjoyable experience. Aoi takes 14 damage from a Bash!

For the past few seconds, it had been the monsters beating on Mijimeki's friends, especially poor Aoi. This isn't something that makes Mijimeki happy, something that becomes very evident as he draws himself up to his full height and levels a threat at the enemies wounding his friend. And he makes good on his threat too -- as he summons his persona with the crush of a blue card-fragment. The grey monster that is his Persona raises its arm up, and brings it down in a powerful hammer blow, smacking into the top of the enemy sphere. Mijimeki uses Skull Cracker on Slipping Hablerie 1 for 31 damage!

Players:
Enemies:

Ryo sits up and rubs at her eyes, groggy and rather unhappy with it. After a few seconds, though, her vision clears up to normal, although her eyes and head still ache somewhat. The first thing she sees is that she is most definitely not in her room -- she is, instead, sitting in the middle of a rusted train with ragged, rotting seats. At least she isn't one one of those seats -- a table or something has been lugged into the train, and that's what she's lying on. When she looks around some more, she sees a figure in a grey cloak leaning against the door of the train, and though the cloak is obscuring he certainly isn't in a relaxed posture. She can hear what sounds like fighting from outside.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 31, 2017, 07:45:19 pm »

Ryo looks upon the eerie cabin with a dawning horror. Adrenaline is suddenly coursing through every vein in her body, and it's all she can do to not screech when she spots a mysterious figure wrapped in gray at the door.

On the verge of hyperventilation, Ryo clamps down on her shaking hands and tries to think. She remembered this guy. He was the one in the window! Even in her panic, she could remember that he had made a pained noise when he had landed after dodging her projectile.

She had to get out. Her body trembled, breath coming in short, sharp bursts. Don't think, just do, just like at school. Get through it. Ignore the fear. Ignroe the pain. You'll get home.

You'll get home.

Steeling her nerves, Ryo attempts to sneak to the door furthest from the man and pry it open in an adrenaline fueled frenzy. Escape is the priority!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 11:26:24 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 31, 2017, 10:47:56 pm »

"I-it's weak! Take it down!"

Another attack. Another step back.

They were focusing on her. Did they sense vulnerability? Did they regard her as a threat.

Can't tell.

Too hard to right now.

Another flash of blue. The sound of shattering glass. Faust apparates by her side, in his hand a spear of icy energy, readied to be driven through a tongue and into the floor below.

Bufu on Slipping Hablerie 1.

((Slacker if you Bash and Elf uses a regular Attack, we should deal enough damage to kill Hablerie 1.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 02, 2017, 07:19:01 pm »

Attack Slipping Hablerie 1

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 02, 2017, 07:42:28 pm »

((In the Discord, since he is sick, Sl4cker is having me treat it as if Mijimeki is using Bash on Hablerie 1))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 04, 2017, 06:38:41 pm »

As brutally coordinated as the team may be aspiring to be, this particular clash is nonetheless started off by the monsters, as the more battered of the pink spheres floats its malicious way on over towards Kanade, performing a deft little spin to gather momentum and then allowing its brutal tongue to fly at the center of Kanade's side -- meeting with a solid impact. Kanade stays steady despite the THWACK and jingling noise (coming from her chainmail), however. Slipping Hablerie 1 Bashes Kanade for 30 damage!

The floating, somewhat-dented enemy is met with immediate retaliation from Kanade, who presumably had not appreciated getting hit again by one of these things. She shifts the spear in her hand, now aiming to use it, and with a twirl as dramatic as the monster's spin, she thrusts the spear forward into the monster. The effect is rather underwhelming, however, as it barely even seems stabbed. Kanade hits the monster with a basic attack for... 9 damage!

Aoi takes a more magical angle of attack, backing away again... but rather than crossing her arms in front of her and hoping for the best, she raises an arm and crushes a blue fragment of card, her cloaked Persona appearing to blast the hostile pink sphere with ice. This has significantly more of an effect; the creature is rocked as the ice shatters on it and cracks it, leaving it unsteady -- this thing isn't long for the world.
Aoi hits Slipping Hablerie 1 with a Bufu, dealing 37 damage and staggering it!

Mijimeki is the one to deal that final blow, summoning his grey Persona and then making a motion of swinging his fist angrily rightwards -- and it's Frankenstein's Monster mirroring that movement that hits the nearly-beaten enemy, the Persona's strong arm impacting powerfully with the creature, sending it briefly flying before it dissolves into black mist and red motes like the beings before it have. Mijimeki Bashes Slipping Hablerie for 30 damage, killing it!

Finally, the second (and now only) of the monsters attacks, bothering with none of the flair of its now-deceased counterpart; it simply rushes Mijimeki as fast as it possibly can, and then whips its tongue downwards at him, a strike which hits but really doesn't even come close to lifting Mijimeki off of his feet, painful or no. Slipping Hablerie Bashes Mijimeki for 26 damage!

Players:
Enemies:

Panicking and hyperventilating, a terrified Ryo stumbles for the other door in the train car, and wedges her fingers into it, pulling it apart... but this process takes effort, and she can't help but make a noise as she does so. The grey figure turns, clearly having noticed her... ...and doesn't make a single move to stop here. All she hears is a young, baritone, and extremely terse voice, scratchy from unuse and with just the smallest hint of frenzy behind it. "Careful. Shadows outside."

It's when she gets outside that she perhaps gets a sense of what he means: she can see the three kids from earlier engaged in combat with some sort of... giant pink striped sphere with a mask attached to the back and a giant, black, terrifying tongue in the front. But whatever fears she might have had are arrested by a sudden instinct that she knows what to do...! Ryo can summon her Persona, and choose an action!

Loud echoes start to come from the distance, the sound of something approaching and slashing things as it does.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40