Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again  (Read 27819 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: Warnings
« Reply #375 on: April 17, 2017, 02:23:46 am »

Miji nods, guiding Aoi back to where they were. "Hopefully she will keep it around."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 17, 2017, 08:26:39 am »

But it seems Ryo had taken the opportunity to perform something of a vanishing act, sprinting as fast as she can away from the weird stuttering crazy girl and her friend as soon as she was distracted.

She didn't know what the hell all that was about. Fire, monsters... what kind of nonsense is this? Why does everyone always try to pull this kind of shit? Always a trap, always some new way to humiliate her. Just get to school, she thinks. Get to school, sit down, and this will all dissapear.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 20, 2017, 12:50:14 am »

Ryo didn't have any more trouble with Aoi and her friends that day. What Ryo did have, however, was proof in the worst way that Aoi wasn't lying to her or just being crazy. Given the bizarre, unpleasant encountee that she had had, Ryo was awake even at midnight, riffling through her collection of occult items and setting up a circle of lit candles. And it's thus that she was awake to hear her window open. Ryo watches a figure in grey climb in through her window... and of course, screams, picking up one of the candles and hucking it at the grey shade. With surprising agility (and a painful hiss as it hits the ground on its bad leg), the shade rolls and dodges (the candle flying out the window and extinguishing upon its impact with the dirt), and stands back up. Ryo watches wide-eyed, backing up... and what happens next happens so fast and is so strange that Ryo can barely understand it. First, a jagged, blue shape appears in the air above the intruder's hand, which is then crushed. Secondly and simultaneously, she can hear the grey intruder say, in the voice of a young man, "Persona!" Then, an impossible creature simply appears, but before Ryo can identify it or anything, an orange projectile of energy strikes her, not harming her but rendering her terribly disoriented... and then the figure walks up to her, there's a blue flash, and she loses consciousness.

Aoi, Mijimeki, and Kanade abruptly wake up -- it's midnight. They are beset by an odd feeling, yet one that Aoi and Mijimeki have experienced before, a directional pulling of the strings of their soul, a feeling of their spirits that undeniably tugs "this way!". Something inside them is telling them to meet at that spot in the woods where the door to the other world is open.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 20, 2017, 01:13:29 am »

Mijimeki, of course, makes sure to message everyone on his phone.

awake. feeling that pull again
think shes been kidnapped?
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 20, 2017, 06:25:57 am »

Pull? Huh? Is this like when I got kidnapped?

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 20, 2017, 06:30:27 am »

yes. me and aoi felt an urge to go outside, which is how we found you
do you feel it too?
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 21, 2017, 01:53:01 am »

Click.
Lights on. Bright, but not too bad.
Old fabric. Old clothes. Expendable.
This time, this time she was ready.

She had napped soon after returning, and this time, when she felt the pull, she was waiting for it. All thanks to that note, that awfully convenient note.

Yes.  Let's retrieve the gear

Curtains part, windows open. She looks outside. Is the portal in the same place as before? If not, in what direction is she being pulled towards?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 21, 2017, 02:39:51 am »

The woods, same as last time... but the pull is stronger than before, but not quite stronger -- it's a difficult thing for Aoi to make a lot of sense out of, but she manages to recognize that the portal is significantly deeper in the woods than the previous, not that it should terribly matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: Once More Unto the Breach (In Reality)
« Reply #383 on: April 22, 2017, 05:53:13 pm »

I'll meet you guys there soon
Head to the portal

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 22, 2017, 05:56:58 pm »

It's deeper in than before.  Odd.  Meet you there
Rendezvous outside the portal.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 23, 2017, 07:59:17 am »

To the portal
carrot cakeu

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 24, 2017, 08:24:09 pm »

The three of them follow the direction of the plucking at their souls, and they soon meet outside another hole in reality... notably, though, this one is rather deeper into the woods than the previous portal, and it takes them a few minutes longer to get there. When they arrive, if any of them remember the view last time they'll note it's a bit different -- it's still a ruined city like before, rusted metal and off-broken glass, but the buildings in this area of the ruins are different, notably the presence of less skyscrapers in the immediate area (though they aren't far off), and the presence of a very large train station within fairly short walking distance... albeit with a couple of what appear to be the monsters from before at various places in the streets.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 27, 2017, 07:24:41 pm »

"It's moved."
No shit, but that was more for Kanade's sake. Aoi grabs the gloves and peers into the portal. Shadows, monsters, paths, proximities. What cover was there? What did the monsters look like and how were they grouped and organized? How did they move? How tightly were they clustered?

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 27, 2017, 09:49:10 pm »

"It's leading us to that train station, whatever it is. I don't like the feeling of this."
carrot cakeu

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 29, 2017, 08:29:31 pm »

They don't appear to be too large in number, nor tightly clustered, thankfully; if they moved quickly enough, it seems that they would probably only get into one or two fights, or maybe be able to avoid fighting at all! It almost seems like the Shadows are searching for something, as in groups of two or three or four they seem to be slowly combing the streets, shambling along in a wide dispersion along the area of the city that Aoi can see from the portal.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40