Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again  (Read 27823 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: Strange Intuitions
« Reply #360 on: April 16, 2017, 10:57:16 pm »

Ryo is still revisiting the meaning of various tarots when she is interrupted, and just like that the pleasent atmosphere is gone. The green haired girl from yesterday is right behind her, and now she's mumbling something or other. She pinches the bridge of her nose. She's in danger? Of course she's in danger. Every week there's some minor incident or another.

She lets out a sigh. "You're right. I don't want to talk to you. In fact, I would have really preferred if you never talked to me again."

She moves a stray band of hair back into place. 'Danger' implied something more serious than name calling in the halls and tripping her. Annoying, but if it was true, it would be best to try to pump information out of her. Maybe she wouldn't have to replace any of her things again.

"That said, do you know who, where or when?" she asks. Simple questions. If it sounded suspicious, she could just ignore it. If it was unclear, then she was just inducing paranoia. If it was legit... well, she'd deal with repayment if it came to it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 10:59:03 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: Warnings
« Reply #361 on: April 16, 2017, 11:11:24 pm »

Ryo's mood may have taken a decided turn for the worse, but there's still, somewhere in her mind, a little call for calmness, and for forgetting her problems, even as they evidently walk up and tap her on the shoulder.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 16, 2017, 11:38:05 pm »

"I-I d-don't think y-you'll b-believe me. I-If you're w-willing to give m-me the benefit of a doubt... t-there's t-things w-we can show y-you at Kanade's place..." The words could out slowly, stammered out with about as much grace as someone choking on them, which, considering the girl's general demeanour wasn't too far from the truth, face flushed and already recoiling as if in anticipation of a rebuke. But, nonetheless, she continues. She's already dug this hole, might as well see where it leads. "O-on Monday evening, K-kanade was kidnapped. M-me a-and M-miji w-woke up a-and I-I, don't know.. w-we, we were, guided? i-into another world. T-there w-were m-monsters and er, t-these t-things t-that appeared and helped us, P-persona... K-kanade h-had one as well... w-we m-managed to e-escape, b-but then w-we f-felt the s-same t-thing guiding us t-to you a-and s-someone t-taped a m-message t-t-to Kanade's w-window s-s-saying t-that y-you're n-next!"
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:57:59 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 17, 2017, 12:30:49 am »

Ryo stares blankly at the green haired girl, her expression slowly transforming into an extreme squint accompanied by a cracked mouth, as if to embody the spirit of 'what in the seven hells is this' as the greenette eventually stammered into an awkward silence.

Ryo lets it stretch for a moment. "This," she starts, "is admittedly the weirdest scare tactic anyone has ever tried on me. 'You looked lonely' my ass." She settles into a glare. An urge to rant at her came up, but was squished with suprising ease. "Keep your half-baked mockery to yourself and never talk to me again."

Spinning around, she stomped down the sidewalk. 'How dare she?', Ryo thinks. Even with that stammer and disposition, she musters up the nerve to insult her to her face with a ridiculous story. Just because she practiced rituals and communed with spirits didn't mean- gah. Ryo shook her head. There was no use dwelling over it. Same story as always, best to put it behind her. Strangely, she found it easier than usual to distract herself.

She thought about her cards again, and kept walking.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 12:48:32 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 17, 2017, 12:47:52 am »

It is at this point, that Aoi grabs her arm. "D-do you t-think t-that I-I-m getting a fucking kick out of this? W-walking u-up t-to strangers and a-and sounding l-like I'm crazy? D-do you t-think I-I j-just w-woke u-up a-and a-and decided th-that I w-wanted t-to do this? Do you? I-I h-have every r-reason t-to just s-shut my mouth and g-go. I-if I w-wanted to screw with you, d-do y-you re-really th-think I-I'd be sputtering l-like, l-like s-some kind of tinfoil-hat wearing asshole? I-I c-could m-make up much believable stuff! Look! I-I k-know it-it sounds hard to believe, but I spent all of monday getting h-hit and s-set on fire and... argh! Do you know your own burning flesh smell like? B-because I do! T-that was my monday! I-I can s-show you t-the burnt c-clothes... I can show y-you the things w-we brought back! A-all you have to fucking d-do is sit i-in a cozy fucking cafe s-somewhere in t-the afternoon w-while K-kanade retrieves them. I'll even pay f-for the damn drinks! T-then y-you c-can g-go s-spit in my f-face, call me w-whatever if y-you don't believe me. B-but there -is- s-something h-happening! W-we s-saw it with our own eyes! A-a city in ruins, populated by monsters and a c-cloaked shade. We w-were there!"

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 17, 2017, 01:31:25 am »

Mijimeki takes a moment, a single moment, five long seconds, to rub his hands together, as if keeping warm. Rub, rub, rub, he goes, unintentionally rustling a bit of his sweater. Upon completing this, Mijimeki slowly walks up to the duo.To anyone glancing at him, it seems almost lazy, casual, almost. But his back is too straight, and his expression is too taut, for him to actually be relaxing at all. He places a calm hand on Aoi's shoulder, and the rubbing he did makes it so that he unintentionally zaps her with static electricity.

His next words are monotone. All his words are, but these are deliberately monotone. Deliberately kept from showing emotion. They are about as subtle as a gunshot, laden with meaning simply by being what they are.

"That's enough."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 17, 2017, 01:33:39 am »

She turns to look at Miji. And then at Ryo. "Sorry." And with that, she runs off.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 17, 2017, 01:39:05 am »

"Aoi. Stop." These words, meanwhile, are laden with more emotion. Surprise, mostly. He throws a quick glance at Ryo, before running after her. Dammit. This is why he doesn't intervene often.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 17, 2017, 01:42:00 am »

Aoi, isn't too hard to catch up to with you try, after all, she's moving in, more or less a straight line, and she isn't trying to run as fast as possible to so much as she's just getting the hell out of there.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 17, 2017, 01:44:59 am »

"Aoi. Aoi." Miji simply tries to grab her shoulder. It's far from a hug, but he still hopes it's somehow comforting. "Calm down, alright? Calm down." His expression is almost too serious.
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 17, 2017, 01:47:24 am »

She just continues running, though she's beginning to slow.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 17, 2017, 01:51:24 am »

He bites his lip. What does he say. "Come on. Don't worry about it, alright? We'll save her. We'll calm her down and show her the evidence. Come on. Aoi." He doesn't really know what to say, but he has to try something.
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 17, 2017, 01:55:09 am »

Eventually, she halts. Eventually being the keyword. She just nods, though there doesn't seem to be much belief behind it "W-we better get going back, lest we be late."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 17, 2017, 02:03:09 am »

"Alright." He sheepish for a second. "Just. If she freaks out at you, let me handle it, alright?" He wraps an arm around Aoi's back and hopes to God it's comforting.
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 17, 2017, 02:13:07 am »

"O-okay... sorry We, we need to give her one of the cylinders, m-make sure she h-hides it o-on h-her person... i-if she gets in w-with it, she'll b-be able t-to escape a-and regroup..."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40