Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again  (Read 27824 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: Strange Intuitions
« Reply #345 on: March 26, 2017, 04:59:28 pm »

He looks into the window, and gives the three of them a very confused look. "I... I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Are... you alright?" The most bizarre thing, however, is that when they look back, the house very abruptly looks like a normal, full house again.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 26, 2017, 05:02:04 pm »

"Huh. My friends might've only seen a trick of the light then. Sorry to bother you."
Kanade waits for them to leave and be out of earshot. Then....
".....yep, there's something going on."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 26, 2017, 08:52:19 pm »

"We could leave. Maybe we should stay and investigate." Mijimeki walks up to another house, hesitates, and opens the door.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 26, 2017, 10:08:47 pm »

Mijimeki waltzes up to one of the doors, pulls on the handle, and the locked door proceeds to rattle but stay shut. More foot traffic seems to be heading towards this road now -- the lull seems to have ended.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 26, 2017, 10:45:29 pm »

Mijimeki scratches his head. "I think it's ending." He walks back to his friends and eyes them seriously. "Did the lull end because of him," he looks in he direction of the student that Kanade talked to, "Or did he arrive because the lull ended?"
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 02, 2017, 08:39:20 pm »

Aoi shrugs. "Is it, bleeding into the real world? It looked abandoned like the other world D-do you think we could s-summon during the lull?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 02, 2017, 10:34:42 pm »

Miji shrugs. "Can we not summon right now?"
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 02, 2017, 10:38:15 pm »

"The lull's over so I don't see how."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 03, 2017, 05:42:32 pm »

Now that Mijimeki and Aoi focus on it, they notice that that feeling of that shard of potential within their souls is still present, and just as ready. They bet they would be perfectly capable of summoning their personas if they tried.

But that would have to wait -- they're getting some stares from a couple of students along the busier road thanks to sticking around and snooping in this area, including it seems the student they were just talking to.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 03, 2017, 11:18:46 pm »

Mijimeki stares back, before turning back to his friends. "We'll talk about this tomorrow. Or on Skype. If this happens again and you're alone or one of us isn't there, call."
carrot cakeu

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 07, 2017, 01:35:44 am »

The three leave the site of the strange incident... and for the next few days, things are perfectly peaceful -- no ominous events, not even so much as a foreboding feeling. But that all very abruptly changes when the week hits Friday. When Kanade wakes up in the morning, she finds a note taped to the outside of the window -- drawn on it is a picture of the face and shoulders of a girl. The picture isn't terribly well drawn, but Kanade can still immediately recognize the picture to be Ryo, with the rather direct message of "She's Next" written on it. When the three meet together and get a chance to discuss it om the way to school, they can actually see Ryo in the distance -- they happened to have caught her, it seems.

Some days, everything feels strange and wrong to Ryo, and the girl wonders about who or what might be beyond the curtain, the things that put the magic into voodoo dolls, and the things who make her life so terrible. Other days, it feels like the world itself is telling her to simply forget her problems and relax, to let go of her many worries and many fears. Today is one of those latter types of days -- though they might feel unnatural too, they sure feel nice. She's walking to school, though she's not noticed the three students (Kanade, Aoi, Mijimeki) in the distance behind her.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 07, 2017, 10:50:35 am »

Ryo doesn't know what the cause for her good mood is. Maybe the unusually excellent breakfast? The minor curse she placed upon her enemies? Perhaps it's the oddly lucid dream she had, ruling a court of fae. While her pessimistic side says it's unlikely to last for long, especially considering her destination; for now she can enjoy this oddly upbeat morning.

Maybe she could bust out the deck of tarot cards and do a little future reading during lunch. That could be fun.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 05:32:00 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 12, 2017, 12:13:05 am »

Hazy images, barely remembered, trace together in Aoi's mind. The hand and the stones; the cylindrical device; the path they had taken. The weapons waiting for them. Convenient. Too convenient.

If it hadn't thrown those stones, if it hadn't dropped the devices, the ones it used right before their eyes, they, mightn't have made it back. The more she thought, the less it seemed like her foe. It certainly wasn't going on her Christmas card list, but wherever its allegiances lay, she was inclined to think had reason to keep them alive, if only to use them as puppets.

"W-who do you think made the n-note?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 12, 2017, 02:57:39 am »

Kanade sighs, seeming a little disturbed. She frowns, shaking her head.
"I honestly couldn't tell you. Might be the guy who dropped all those things for us, or it might be the guy who, well, kidnapped me."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 16, 2017, 10:19:22 pm »

Aoi glances at Kanade, almost expectantly. With a sigh, she drops her gaze and quickens her pace, what she was thinking, not even she could tell, or, perhaps more frankly she simply wasn't. She closes the gap, tapping the recluse by the shoulder, and before she know it, she was talking her voice low with a kind of blunt urgency born of adrenaline "L-look, I know you don't want to talk to me,
but you're in danger. I-"
she pauses, the sheer insanity of her statement beginning to dawn on her her signature stutter intensifying even further "I know this sounds stupid and c-crazy, but p-please, c-could we er, t-talk a-about,
it? It's urgent..."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40