Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again  (Read 27827 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: Strange Intuitions
« Reply #315 on: February 25, 2017, 08:22:04 pm »

Oh lord it's starting Ryo thinks, hearing the faint patter of footsteps coming up. She braces herself, because what else is there to do if even the lunchroom isn't safe anymore? What will it be this time, Names? Spilling her food with an 'accidental' trip? Instead, all she heard was a soft greeting. Unusual. Ryo schools her face into its usual blank facade and turns to the speaker.

Her hair is green, is her first thought. Shoulder length, covering on of her eyes. It would be very pretty if the person who it belonged to wasn't undoubtedly about to do something heinous. Except... her actions made no sense. Fidgety, sneaking glances back at her group every few moments, she practically screamed that she didn't want to be here. Glancing over, the rest of her group seemed to be waiting on her. What was this? A trick? Maybe she could scare her off.

"What do you want?" Ryo asked, voice disinterested and cold. Please go away, she added in the sanctity of her mind.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 25, 2017, 08:46:28 pm »

Okay.
Conversation's started. Good. Now what the devil are you meant to say?
Miji? Kanade? Not going to help? Please help. Should she turn around and look? See what they're doing.
No, that'd look weird. Weirder than it already is anyway.
Okay, just be calm. Calm. Just relax, and let it happen. Just, go with the flow.
You can do that, right?

Her eyes lock with Ryo's "Uh, h-hi..." She pauses for a second, maybe two. Not too long, right? A quiet sigh. She closes her eyes for a moment. "I-I k-know that, this is a-already er, kinda a-awkward, but um, you looked a bit lonely. S-so we wanted to talk to you. Would you mind if I sat here?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 25, 2017, 09:36:47 pm »

As soon as the words reach her ears, Ryo has to shove down the urge to laugh hysterically. Lonely. She looks lonely. Yeah! She sure the fuck is! Has been for the past few years. Did she get a damn concussion from whatever explosion she was in? WHERE THE HELL DID SHE GET OFF-

She realizes her hands are digging into her palms. Release. Relax. Don't let your guard down. Don't fall for whatever this is. Don't. Not again.

"I'm not." She lies says, and can't quite stop the irritation from creeping in, muted as it is. "Say wherever you want. I can't stop you."
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 25, 2017, 09:51:29 pm »

Digging into her palms. Stress. Aggravation. Not the best of signs, not that her demeanor was hiding much. Okay, talking was, probably going to be the path of most resistance, in roughly the same manner as trying to enter a building by breaking down a wall. Made of out brick. With your face. Point was, probably not the best idea. A brief, then, Aoi pulls out a chair and sits down next to Ryo, gesturing to Kanade and Miji.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 26, 2017, 03:50:30 am »

Kanade, for her part, raises an eyebrow, before coming over to join Aoi, sitting on the other side of Ryo. She takes care to not stare too closely at Ryo, lest she snap at her or something.

Or maybe she was still jumpy from last night.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 26, 2017, 05:09:29 am »

Aoi acknowledges her friend with a slight nod and a slightly more relaxed smile. Dependable as ever, even when completely worn out it seems.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 26, 2017, 11:54:57 am »

Ryo was feeling considerably more boxed in at this development. What part of her response said 'sure go invite all your damn friends over'? She was going to shove a doll full of rue and give her the worst night terrors. She smelled smoke. What the hell had they been up to?

"If you still worry about my solitude, I told you, it's fine." she said, glancing at the two surrounding her. "You said you had something to say, so out with it."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 26, 2017, 06:03:36 pm »

"A-a-ah, n-nothing in p-particular you just looked lonely... a-and I-I t-thought y-you'd like some company... and y-you didn't look like you wanted me to try talking..."
It is at this point that Aoi finally decides to put the trainwreck of a conversation out of its misery and stop talking, instead just rapidly shifting her gaze between Kanade and Miji.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 26, 2017, 06:57:12 pm »

"You know when people 'say' it's fine, it's a good sign that it isn't. I should know, I've been there enough."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 26, 2017, 07:08:12 pm »

... Was this asshole trying to play psychiatrist? What the living hell was wrong with these upperclassmen?? Fuck it, she was done with her lunch anyway. Time to bail.

"I think I'm done with... this. Go find someone else to bother."

Ryo Leaves the lunch hall.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 26, 2017, 07:09:43 pm »

Kanade shrugs as she leaves. Not as if she wasn't used to people running off and leaving her in a hurry; of course, usually, it was out of fear rather than hate, though Kanade didn't particularly care to distinguish, both weren't exactly nice things to induce in others.
"Well, had to try. She doesn't like people, I guess. Well, that's going to make our job a hell of a lot harder then."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 26, 2017, 07:19:16 pm »

Mijimeki merely continues eating his lunch, watching Ryo go. He turns to his friends and shrugs. He was too concerned about her leaving - he knows far too well how persistent someone has to be to make friends with someone who doesn't want to make friends. Kanade's done it before.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 26, 2017, 07:21:03 pm »

With a nod and quiet sigh, Aoi rests her head against the table's surface. "Going to be harder to approach her after this right? How much time do you think we have? We can't be doing this often, not without something with deal with this."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 26, 2017, 07:24:27 pm »

"Tonight, tomorrow night. I think it'll be soon, so we have to move quick."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 08, 2017, 01:45:31 am »

The attempt to reach out to Ryo failed, the three end up going throughout the rest of the school day a little bit defeated, but go through the rest of it they do and soon they find themselves walking home, passing the usual quaint little suburban houses on their quaint little street they almost always take for part of their homeward path before Kanade splits off -- and the quaint little street they start to realize is a bit strange. They've never seen anyone else on this road before, and yet they never felt that to be odd, up until now.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40