Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, IC: Return to Normalcy, Once Again  (Read 27829 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: Chasing Shadows
« Reply #255 on: February 03, 2017, 01:16:01 am »

Dia on Miji

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: Chasing Shadows
« Reply #256 on: February 10, 2017, 05:25:06 am »

Kanade springs into action first, rushing over to her friend and presently comrade, making her way over the short distance in but a single graceful bound. She stops by Mijimeki --burnt, but resolute-- and she puts her hands near him. Her ethereally beautiful Persona is summoned, and Kanade pours a bit of her willpower into magic, a healing Dia spell that flows into Mijimeki, causing him to stand a bit straighter, not to mention be rather less singed. 58 HP restored!

That boost in energy plays immediately in Mijimeki's favor, as he springs forth, feet pounding against the concrete of the abandoned parking garage as he winds his arm backwards to deliver a punch, closing quickly on the (now even more) horribly battered and shattered bird. His arm reaches the zenith of its pull backwards even as he finishes closing the distance to his fire-lobbing enemy... and as he throws his fist, his Persona appears and mimics the action, a double punch connecting with the raven, an enraged blow to the chest from Mijimeki's fist... and a significantly more effective heavy grey fist to the beak courtesy of Frankenstein. The bird reels backwards, its beak bent by the attack, causing the bloodcurdling scream it lets out (which just sounds like the scream of a human girl much more than it does a bird now) to be distorted. But though it has been positively ruined, the bird isn't dead. Mijimeki brings the Raven to the brink of death!

At first Aoi adopts a defensive posture and braces herself -- she has been hit with fireball after fireball, burned seared singed and charred, and she fully expected to be hit again. But when no attack was forthcoming, it rapidly became clear that now was her opportunity to strike, while the Raven was still battered and stunned by the blow, to end the damned thing. So she charges, and the cloaked figure of her Persona appears -- not to stay from afar and cast magic at it, but to float over and wrap its arm around the bird's neck. Faust isn't terribly strong, but it doesn't need to be -- in its current state, the Raven is scarcely capable of struggling. It turns and essentially throws the Raven, a Bufu following shortly after the tumbling bird -- Aoi had intended to aim at the ground, but ends up nailing the bird, which spasms mightily as the icy projectile impacts it and with a horrible scream begins to... melt. Aoi defeats the Raven!

Spoiler: Initiative: (click to show/hide)
Players:
Spoiler: Aoi Tachibana/Faust (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kanade Akiyama/Lenore (click to show/hide)
Enemies:
Spoiler: Smashed Raven (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Group Inventory (click to show/hide)

Its form gets smaller and smaller as it tumbles, a layer of thick black goo marking what remained of its smashed body. But the most notable thing about this is what finally comes rolling to a stop next to the corner at the end of the administrative hallway of the garage, the corner the supplies had been thrown from midbattle. As the Raven finally stops melting, what is left in its place is a girl, around the age of the three Persona-users, with a slim and graceful figure. She doesn't appear to be wearing much of anything, but her modesty is preserved by a thick layer of the jet-colored sludge, which appears to be a bit thinner around her head and face, allowing the three to see her long, black hair.

Stepping from around the corner is a figure clad in all grey, cloaked, its step a hobble -- the Grey Shade that had kidnapped Kanade, and that Mijimeki and Aoi had been pursuing. It falls to a knee as it gazes upon the girl left over from the Raven, and then more slowly to the other. Hesitantly, it extends a hand to the girl's face, and brushes off the goo on it, staring at her unconscious visage for a few seconds, remaining stock still. Then, slowly, it swivels its head towards the group, and seemingly making a decision it braces its good leg against the floor, and with a baritone and decidedly masculine grunt, it pushes, pulling the girl from the goo around her with a plop. Then, before he can be caught by the group, he pulls out some sort of cylindrical device, presses a couple of buttons on it, and disappears with a blue flash, the girl disappearing with him.

The group are left dirty and singed (especially Aoi) as well as exhausted (especially Mijimeki), their clothes burned and damaged (especially Aoi's, again, which she is going to have to throw away). Now that the battle has ended, their quarry has escaped, now that the three have been reunited, the adrenaline begins to wear off, and they're left tired in a parking garage side hallway with a large puddle of black goo on the floor, which is slowly disappearing into red and black motes which fade away in the air. They can see the outline of some items (some large some small) being revealed under the slowly melting goo, but other than that they're alone. No other monsters spring out to "greet" them, nor people to greet them.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 05:45:28 am by Powder Miner »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, IC: Battle's End
« Reply #257 on: February 10, 2017, 06:27:09 am »

Mijimeki, standing up slowly and straightly, takes a deep breath, sighing. He lowers his gun, de-summoning Frankenstein's Monster, and turning to his friends. To both of them, he winces. "Are you injured?" Shifting his eyes to Kanade in particular, he asks, "Can you heal us all?" His tone is tired, choked out, almost. Despite this, he assumes an assertive-looking posture.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 06:28:44 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 11, 2017, 01:21:38 am »

Aoi takes a deep breath, and looks down. It, wasn't as bad as she thought it would be, granted what she thought wasn't particularly cheery, but, save for her clothes being ruined, she looked surprisingly fine for someone who was choking on the smell of their own burning flesh. Still burnt though. Would've been a lot worse were it not for Kanade and Miji. "I'm alive..." Not the words she expected she'd be uttering today, it felt so strange saying them, and yet... "I'm alive!", and before she even knew what she was doing, she found herself drawing Miji close, hugging him tightly. She grins, trying to be a bit lighter? More teasing? Probably failing badly right now, but, really at this point, she couldn't care much for appearances "Soo Kande... d-does this make up for us being a bit late?" She winces "Argh! And some healing if you can spare it"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 03:19:19 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 11, 2017, 03:31:03 am »

Kanade, for her part, tries to look confident and unperturbed by the events which had transpired. Considering that her body ached, smelt slightly of smoke and she'd been kidnapped by, apparently, a smashed raven creature that they'd just about managed to slap about, it's a great effort.

She musters a mischievous smirk, placing a hand on her hip as best as she could without aggravating the dull soreness throbbing throughout her body.
"Hmph. Barely makes up for it. You know, knights in shining armour aren't supposed to need the damsel in distress to save them."
Nonetheless, she uses Lenore to heal their wounds.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 11, 2017, 04:04:11 am »

Aoi takes a deep breath, and looks down. It, wasn't as bad as she thought it would be, granted what she thought wasn't particularly cheery, but, save for her clothes being ruined, she looked surprisingly fine for someone who was choking on the smell of their own burning flesh. Still burnt though. Would've been a lot worse were it not for Kanade and Miji. "I'm alive..." Not the words she expected she'd be uttering today, it felt so strange saying them, and yet... "I'm alive!", and before she even knew what she was doing, she found herself drawing Miji close, hugging him tightly. She grins, trying to be a bit lighter? More teasing? Probably failing badly right now, but, really at this point, she couldn't care much for appearances "Soo Kande... d-does this make up for us being a bit late?" She winces "Argh! And some healing if you can spare it"
Mijimeki, in response to the hug, blinks and widens his eyes. He awkwardly pats Aoi on the back. He has rarely been hugged before. He does not know how to deal with this."I'm glad. That you're safe." He very seriously considers to himself whether or not he should wriggle out of the hug. He looks towards Kanade for help, realizes it's Kanade, and decides breaking off the embrace as quickly as possible would be best. Maybe she wouldn't notice. "Thank you, Kanade," he says, attempting to distract her.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 11, 2017, 04:18:15 am »

"Oh, don't go on breaking apart on my account. I know the score."
Kanade winks at him. Too late.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 11, 2017, 04:24:20 am »

He stares very, very seriously at her. "I don't know what you're talking about."
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 11, 2017, 04:24:50 am »

"S-so what now? er K-kanade do you recognise that g-girl? I don't t-think I've seen her before."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 11, 2017, 04:28:20 am »

An out. He always knew he could depend on Aoi. But not in that way. "I've never seen her before. I wonder where she's been taken to."
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 11, 2017, 05:01:39 am »

"Sure you don't. Just as I recognise that girl.

Which I don't, sorry."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 11, 2017, 05:05:45 am »

"W-we could try looking up people missing around here when we- wait! How do we get out?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 11, 2017, 01:58:14 pm »

As they converse (and, in Aoi's case, hug), the thick black goo continues to slowly dissolve into the red and black motes of shadow all the other monsters turned into after defeat, and as it does the items that had been hidden within it are revealed, too.

It's a pretty solid haul, really. There are four things that were under the goo: First is a set of chainmail, of all things, which looks loose enough for about any of the three of them to fit. Then there is some sort of (actually rather pretty) red and pink robe that looks to be made of particularly heavy fabric -- while it wouldn't provide the same protection chainmail would, there's something instantly strange about it that makes Aoi and Kanade think that it would make their magic stronger. There's also a handgun and some bullets -- it looks like a light caliber handgun, but nonetheless one with a bit more heft and craftsmanship than Mijimeki's current one. Finally, there's... a really heavy book? As the party watches, the goo contaminating the items dissolves away into nothing, leaving them surprisingly clean.
The party gets Charm Robe, Chainmail, Glock, and Heavy Book!

In addition, over Mijimeki's shoulder Aoi can see what looks to be a bag left in the corner the grey figure came from -- he must have left it when scrambling to grab the girl that had appeared. From what she can see, it appears to have two of the red stones, one of the blue ones, and two of the cylindrical devices it had used to escape.
The party gets Two Life Stones, a Soul Drop, and two Goho-Ms!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 02:04:49 pm by Powder Miner »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 11, 2017, 06:29:40 pm »

"......alright, is this one of those role-playing games now?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 11, 2017, 06:56:36 pm »

"I-I guess so?"
She stumbles over and examines the book, quickly skimming through it before focusing her attention on the cylinders, examining the buttons and trying, though failing, to correlate them to what the cloaked figure had pressed.
"More of those... W-were they t-trying to help us?"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40