Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Indomitable Dwarf?  (Read 882 times)

Mr_Quack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Indomitable Dwarf?
« on: February 04, 2008, 09:15:00 pm »

I have a legendary wrestler/armor user/shield user/axedwarf in my army. He is fully clad in all adamantine plate with an adamantine axe. None of it being lower than superior quality. How hard would it be to take him down? He took out a bronze colossus in three quick strikes before the colossus could even move. He also helped take down a dragon and a hydra before he became my adamantine warrior. I just thought I'd share my accomplishment with everyone. Imagine what would happen if he threw a tantrum...

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
    • Bay Watcher Arena V2.0!
Re: Indomitable Dwarf?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 09:18:00 pm »

Awesome!

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 09:21:00 pm »

I would suggest cage traps.  Also, marksdwarves.  Lots of them.  Maybe release a dragon or two.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Scorpios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 09:32:00 pm »

A dodge while fighting a chasm monster.
I win.
 find that I identify forum goers more by their signatures than anything else.
That being said, I should probably think of something witty to put here.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 12:50:00 am »

Carp.

Inquisitor Saturn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 01:56:00 am »

Magma-breathing undead elephant

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 04:18:00 am »

kobold archer squad.

copper bow + copper bolts + bugger-all skill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> master of the universe in adamantine armour + shield

the spinning bb round hits jack johnson, scumbag in the lower body!
it is pierced through entirely!
his right kidney has been poked out!
his liver has been mangled!

jack johnson, raider has been shot and killed.

The above (including bbcode) neatly weighs in at 255 characters. Fallout meets DF

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 04:23:00 am »

I was thinking about mentioning something about a kobold archer who stops picking his nose long enough o shoot one of those crooked copper arrows at him, but the truth is, there is one thing that no amount of training or armor can ever protect a dwarf against.

Stupidity.  Pure Dwarven stupidity will be his death.  And it's quite possible that it will involve carp.

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 08:37:00 am »

Dodging into a moat/small pond/murky pool/chasm will surely kill him. I've also noticed major injuries in places armor doesn't protect like the neck ( which can quickly become fatal ) on uber-dwarves. Before my latest military all geared out in maxed armor took a swim in the moat after some drowning goblins and drowned themselves, they had just taken out an entire 100+ goblin siege and sustained injuries in only places un covered by armor, despite atleast 40 of those goblins being machinegunners.

My advice, keep away from open pits during battle.. Unfortunately there's little you can actually do to control them as once they see an enemy they will blindly charge and ignore any/all orders.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 09:40:00 am »

Melbil Chancedcrystals is stronger.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 01:47:00 pm »

If you want to try something fun, copy your save the use the dwarf companion (if it still works with the new version) and set him to berserk. Grab some popcorn and watch the carnage.