Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Picture Wars Snow Dwarf vs Gwolfski  (Read 4024 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Picture Wars Snow Dwarf vs Gwolfski
« on: August 18, 2016, 04:21:02 am »

So, some time ago I tried to find somebody to play picture wars, but I didn't and I'm looking again.

Picture Wars is a game in which everything is customizable to a single pixel. You create one army to fight against the other army created by the other player. It is not about winning, but more about playing itself. Here is a tutorial on how to play picture wars from the picture wars forum CLICK. Here is a link to a tutorial on how to create an army CLICK.
This is gonna be an one on one game, cause sandbox's tend to die a lot.

I have two very similar medieval-fantasy humans armies, but I would be up for a fantasy fight with dwarfs against something (I almost finished dwarf). I'm open to propositions as well.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 06:12:02 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Picture Wars 1vs1 - interest recheck
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 09:05:59 am »

Hi. I think I might have a go again, with the dwarf army i use.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 09:25:31 am »

Hi. I think I might have a go again, with the dwarf army i use.
Hmmm, when I was experimenting just right now I created Indians. What do you say dwarfs against indians? Or maybe snow dwarfs against normal dwarfs (just gonna create them on the fly, they are gonna look kind of like my avatar)?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 10:01:27 am »

why not?

Also, we should set out the rules an' stuff.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 10:13:13 am »

why not?

Also, we should set out the rules an' stuff.
"Why not" for indians or snow dwarfs? Rules? What rules, this is picture wars!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 10:24:56 am »

I think you should pick the army you like best. As for rules: how many units do we get?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 10:43:27 am »

I think you should pick the army you like best. As for rules: how many units do we get?
I'm not sure, you choose if there is a way to produce more units or is it an arena match and I will tell you how many units.
Edit: Brain need sleep, anyway whatever you choose I think you should PM not to spoil the readers, if there are gonna ever read this.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:02:28 am by snow dwarf »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Picture Wars 1vs1
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 05:28:46 am »

The Sitting Bison has been travelling to the south for winter since a long time. They chose a different way every time not to anger the old spirits and this time wasn't different.

It looks like we can't go farther.
Maybe we should settle for the winter here? We have traveled south enough already.
I agree, what do you say chieftain?
No, we shall get to the southern planes as we do every year. Now you go see how deep does the cave leads while I call the rest.
But can't we go up and what about cave spirits?
Yes you can go up, if you can get there which, unless you are an eagle, you wan't be able to do. I will ask the shaman to appease the spirits while you are in there.

Paco and Siwi didn't like the idea of going down. They were warriors and their heart belonged to the grassland not some stinking caves. Most importantly they didn't want to meet cave people, reckless, killing creatures that every Indian feared. Tales where made about the gold robbed from people who entered the caves and the king who sat on a throne made from their skulls. However Paco and Siwi had no choice, what the chieftain says, has to be done.

Gold count = 12

Spoiler: Clear map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:30:51 pm by snow dwarf »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Picture Wars Snow Dwarf vs Gwolfski
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 08:16:45 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Right lahds! We be here te reclahm yonder auhtpohst and get ahr gold back, ye ken? Now, Urist, yah be diggin' ah stairwah down, so we can get te ahr caves.

Yes sir! Right on it, sir!

Ye two, ya be on teh lookout fer any nasty sahvages, got it?

As you, wish!

And get teh others te hurry up, will ya? Good lahd.

Gold: 13

((I had a go at accents))

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 08:54:16 am »

PTW
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 10:48:51 am »

Damn, Snow dwarf you improved your pixel art, those indians/native americans look very good... now to work on the piratopians again to make them look just as good...hopefully.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 06:12:41 am »

Damn, Snow dwarf you improved your pixel art, those indians/native americans look very good... now to work on the piratopians again to make them look just as good...hopefully.
I suggest you ask in the picture wars forum for help cause they helped me a lot and are still helping.  ;)
Also, sorry that I can't update, but school made me very busy, also I'm sick.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 03:04:31 pm »

Made a mini sprite sheet and this.

I say im improving.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 11:38:56 pm »

I say im improving.
Have the guy hold the gun a bit higher, unless you're going for "I'm holding a shotgun and I don't know where I'm shooting" look.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 01:09:56 am »

I say im improving.
Have the guy hold the gun a bit higher, unless you're going for "I'm holding a shotgun and I don't know where I'm shooting" look.
Its hip aim so yes, it is going for the "I have no clue where I'm shooting other then in front of me" look.
Pages: [1] 2