Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Send in the Wizards [7/5?] On the Mortal shores  (Read 14097 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Send in the Wizards [7/5?] On the Mortal shores
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2016, 01:33:13 pm »

Aha! A lead! Investigate the bone.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2016, 02:11:06 pm »

Aha! A lead! Investigate the bone.
The ship comes to a stop in the shallows, gently running aground. You disembark and go over to the bone. On further investigation, it's attached to an entire skeleton, wearing the remains of fine clothes. There is an engraved lead plate strung from from its neck, which just about reads

"Whomever shall find me, know that I could not bear the vision of times ahead. I hope to find peace"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2016, 02:19:53 pm »

"Ominous. Excellent! Time to go."

Time to exit the cove! Check ships hold for transport, animals or otherwise.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2016, 03:37:41 pm »

Wear the lead plate, before walking towards the forest.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2016, 04:17:50 pm »

Astranix:

"Arhax, I'm going to have ask you to lead the way, can't keep up the pretence of being a poor blind man if I'm the one setting the pace."

Follow Arhax, trying to see if any people's lie in the direction we're going.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2016, 04:55:53 pm »

"Hehe, sure."

Arhask makes his footsteps slightly louder, so Astranix can follow by sound easily.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2016, 12:46:28 am »

Garalagrulon

Garalagrulon disembarks, his armoured feet sinking slightly into the wet sand.

"Ah, the mortal realms! I love the weather systems here.

Right, now then, where are we all heading? We need to get out of the cove first, but if we're splitting into three groups, why not one left, one right, one straight ahead? We scout in our directions for ... let's say a week, and if we don't find anything we head back. If we do find something like a village or somesuch, we stay there and send one of our respective parties back here to meet up with the rest. Sound good?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2016, 03:44:41 am »

Familiarize myself with the soul-crew to be able to contact them if needed. Mayhap quickly teach them our language and then get one of them to act as an entourage or spotter for each of our groups.

Then get along with Garalagrulon if he's ok with it.

"We should go where they do not. Chart our way progressively."

Dickson of the Trinity

• Bay Watcher
  • As you like that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2016, 04:21:09 am »

Prenastous ((Didn't post at the weekend because I don't have Internet at home. Have some music, for compensation.))

I have to agree with your idea, Garalagrulon. I also hope we do minimal fighting on the travels.

Follow the leader, leader, leader. Of the group I belong. Also keep a keen eye for anything useful: equipment, materials, or any landmark.

Wish I could do a 256d. That would be awesome.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2016, 06:33:58 am »

Stanley

"A scan of the area revealed a few streams and one rather large river not too far away. Where there is water life usually isn't far off. I am fine with traveling in a general direction, but if this proves fruitless perhaps we could consider following one of these?"

Make a quick scan of the deck for an empty bucket I can carry. Then make sure to keep up with Derm and Prenastous.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2016, 06:57:09 pm »

Idea: Make the lich your friend, and redeem him to the side of light. Then have him use his powers to channel safe amounts of the Darkness's strength into a place where it can easily be repurposed and/or destroyed.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2016, 07:41:41 pm »

(So sorry for the delay!)

And so, in the annals of history, the cove would become known as Wizard's Landing, though not until much later, for their arrival had occurred in total secrecy.

The cove is surrounded on three sides by cliffs, open to the sea on the west side. The coast itself runs as far as the eye can see both north and south.

"Ominous. Excellent! Time to go."

Time to exit the cove! Check ships hold for transport, animals or otherwise.
[4]
The ship holds a cart and two mules of humble appearance yet blessed nature. However, it might be difficult to get them up the cliffs, should you seek to head inland (east) directly, though undoubtedly there's a shallower ascent somewhere along the coast.

Astranix:

"Arhax, I'm going to have ask you to lead the way, can't keep up the pretence of being a poor blind man if I'm the one setting the pace."

Follow Arhax, trying to see if any people's lie in the direction we're going.
[5]
Casting your gaze ahead, you see that there will be farmland relatively soon on any overland path taken from this point.

Familiarize myself with the soul-crew to be able to contact them if needed. Mayhap quickly teach them our language and then get one of them to act as an entourage or spotter for each of our groups.

Then get along with Garalagrulon if he's ok with it.

"We should go where they do not. Chart our way progressively."

Unfortunately, the souls must sail back. Their restored life is only temporary, and the ship must be removed from sight, to preserve the secrecy of your arrival.

Prenastous ((Didn't post at the weekend because I don't have Internet at home. Have some music, for compensation.))

I have to agree with your idea, Garalagrulon. I also hope we do minimal fighting on the travels.

Follow the leader, leader, leader. Of the group I belong. Also keep a keen eye for anything useful: equipment, materials, or any landmark.
[3]
You spot a skinny trail of smoke rising in the distance to the east.

Stanley

"A scan of the area revealed a few streams and one rather large river not too far away. Where there is water life usually isn't far off. I am fine with traveling in a general direction, but if this proves fruitless perhaps we could consider following one of these?"

Make a quick scan of the deck for an empty bucket I can carry. Then make sure to keep up with Derm and Prenastous.
[5]
The finest bucket that was ever crafted of wood by mortal hands is yours.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2016, 07:58:16 pm »

Astranix:

Go to this farmland, with Arhax's consent, and talk to these farmers.

"My friend, there is ample farmland ahead of us.  If we are to make a good first impression, we must be on our best behaviour.  They will likely mistrust us, so in order to not cause alarm, we cannot let them know of our powers."
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:20:26 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2016, 08:11:49 pm »

"Yes, that is a wise idea. Whats our story gonna be? Sailors washed on shore?"

Arhask follows Asterix to the farmland.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2016, 08:20:11 pm »

"Hm, might open up too many questions.  There's no real answer we could give them that would make them trust us immediately.  Let's just say we're travellers.  If they rebuke us, we move into the wilderness, and you can begin your work there, and we can observe them from a distance.  If they accept us, we lie low, and learn as much about these people, and the Enemy, as we can.  Figure out how to proceed from there.", Astranix said.  General plans like that were often better than concrete ones, as they left room for improvisation.  Not everything could be foreseen, after all. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9