Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: xenobrood  (Read 2214 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
xenobrood
« on: August 17, 2016, 01:53:41 pm »

?
               ? ?
             ? ? ? ?

a b ? ? ? ? ? ?

Spoiler: about (click to show/hide)

Inspired by HugeNerdAndProudOfIt's Metroid SG.

(Mostly taken from first thread.)
Gameplay will be kinda calculated like Wiki Wars - 1~10 rolls with buffs for abilities and reasonable attempts.

About sensing: this is an ability all players will have and it is the main way you seek the themes and specific abilities you want. It is a light form of God moding so take advantage. You can either choose to sense an environment or a prey item. You'll be limited to the number of words you can use for doing this but here are some examples and at the entry 2 word limit:

Hunt: shell, claws

Or

Seek: hot, mountains

You will need to 'shed' to take on a form capitalizing on your absorbed abilities, and you can only shed THREE times, plus one more each player you absorb. I adopt Notch's design philosophy that it is better to err on too hard than easy.

heirs
a. Zormod 0/3
b. Dustan Hache 0/3
pikachu17 (egg)
roboson (egg)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 01:48:01 pm by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Xenobrood Rivals: Sisterhood
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 03:46:41 pm »

SWAMPLIKE, venomous.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 03:51:37 pm »

PTW.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 05:14:28 pm »

I'm gonna bump this because it's awefull.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 08:15:33 pm »

SHADOWY
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 08:22:27 pm »

DARK.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 01:15:01 am »

Alright!

So this is a template of what to expect for the outline of this game at this point. We have 3 players: Zormod(PMd, Still in), and most recently Dust and Robo.

The biggest gripe I had with the first session of the game was that there was just a little too much back and forth between the players and I don't think for me or the audience it was very easy to focus on the story of a character without mixing them up.

So we're going to spend a lot of time focusing on one parasite at a time.

When I feel something dramatic has happened and the timings right we will then transition to the next player and keep bouncing around. Just long enough with each person to keep it coherent.

Since we have 3, once a player either stops playing or dies then we'll begin to enter in the opportunity for the last two to face each other. This is very much a solo game until a very probably quick climactic battle.

Sound good? Who wants to go first?

= = = POST YOUR BEST BIRTHING SCREETCH!!! = = =

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 03:19:26 pm »

Skaree!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Xenobrood Rivals: Sisterhood (OOC Hub)
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 02:41:34 am »

Changed swamplike to boggy. Let's avoid compound words. You may post your next descriptive environment or prey word in the ic thread.

You may also say a word of one of your abilities. For scream use your birth word.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 10:42:38 am by roseheart »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 04:29:14 pm »

haunted, killable, hatch(I tried to join that last one, so should I say 'hatch'?).
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 05:17:22 pm »

haunted, killable, hatch(I tried to join that last one, so should I say 'hatch'?).

Yeah I think I can think of something. Now we're going to focus on Zormod, and then we'll see.

Sensing prey; Acidic, Amphibious.

So each turn you get to say one word. Right now you are the boggy environment and the venomous creature you detected was insufficient. If you want to change environment you can seek a new one by describing one in ALL CAPS(such as GRASSY), or a prey in all lower case, like running. You do not need to say what you're doing because the case reveals that. Only make one choice.

(please edit your IC post to accommodate this)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 06:17:41 pm »

Post edited.

What's up with the sensing passive, if posts can only be one word?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 10:45:47 pm »

Post edited.

What's up with the sensing passive, if posts can only be one word?

Because it's not like a boost to the number of words you can use in one turn it's a permanent boost that you get as you grow in size. Good question.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 11:30:37 am by roseheart »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 11:32:02 am »

You're a little weaker this time around then my session with the last players. Your vitality will be 1.

However you will molt immediately after absorbing your first element from a prey. Then you will have that ability and 2 vitality, and you can sense two within a turn.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 04:28:13 pm »

Whom so wishes to go next may make their birthing scream in IC thread.
Pages: [1] 2