Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Statecraft: The Rennes Dynasty!  (Read 2990 times)

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
Re: Statecraft: The Rennes Dynasty!
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2016, 11:40:59 am »

You ready the Conscripts and march them to the city-state in no time. In about a week, a few men from the original army that were deployed return, suffering minor casualties. The wild men are brutal but not too bright. Their weapons were their only edge. One of which manages to make it back to the Imperial Court. Upon further inspection, you find that the wild men's weapons were firelit. In other words, coated with fire. Every slash, every stab, a burn. The swords cut through flesh like butter.

"Imperial One, surely you do not intend to keep that weapon." Your crier's eyes are widened as he watches you eye the blade presented before you in the open palms of a kneeling Conscript. "We don't know the first thing about it, and-" He continues but you tune him out.

A) This weapon is a gift from the gods! The wild men did not deserve such power but I...I do!
B) You're right. This thing might bring bad news. Out it goes!

On a more positive note, the city-state relief mission was a success. So you decide to ...

A) Assimilate the city state.
B) Leave them alone.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2016, 11:43:22 am »

A.A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2016, 11:51:44 am »

A and A

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2016, 12:25:13 pm »

Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2016, 07:04:36 pm »

AA
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2016, 07:10:56 pm »

A, A.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2016, 08:15:08 pm »

"If one wishes for peace, dear crier, they must also prepare for war." You eye the blade before taking it. You grew up with weapons so handling it isn't alien to you. In fact, you take to it quickly. You send word to the city-state to the south that you aided. A Prefect will be select later this year to oversee its development.

Late Spring, 7698 B.C.

Yet another Cabinet meeting. This time, the Financial Primary speaks up. He's far too animated for you to not listen.

"No, no, no! This simply will not do! Your Eminence, as Primary Financial Courtier matters of the coin fall to me to fix. The treasury has seen improvement and yet, we are still falling behind. The trade route with Khafir has not paid for itself yet and investments of such nature take time. We need some kind of entity that can ensure the citizens of Arita are doing their share to keep our nation glorious! I've gotten with the other members of the Cabinet and I want to propose you, Imperial One, to approve the Imperial Revenue Service."

A) A government entity that manages the Imperium's money? Sign me up!
B) Eh, no. Good on paper, bad in practice, bad for business.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2016, 08:16:52 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2016, 09:21:34 pm »

A. Because why not?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2016, 04:08:09 am »

A
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2016, 04:20:59 am »

A
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2016, 06:39:06 am »

"Very well, Emperor! I will make the arrangements. You shall see more coin in no time!"

Something tells you that the IRS won't be too popular with the citizens, but you can always shave off some of its reach when money is up and happiness is low.

Autumn, 7698 B.C.

One night at the turn of the season of brown leaves, you toss and turn in your Imperial Chamber. You've been having an unusual amount of nightmares lately, owing to what you were told by the dragon. The Great Seal is set to break in nine years.

Winter, 7698 B.C.

Bandits have set upon the City-State of Zantium (recently annexed). Their local forces aren't enough to repel them, and both the Prefect and their elected leader seek your help.

A) Send the Imperial Conscripts.
B) Send the Dai Li.
C) Send them a 'get well soon' card.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2016, 06:51:00 am »

A

While the Dai Li are more elite, they're our guard. As such, they should be guarding us.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2016, 07:01:38 am »

A
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2016, 10:03:48 am »

The Imperial Army marches to the city-state of Zantium. The anti-Imperials are the first to initiate hostilities in the form of hot oil being poured over the walls onto a Conscript. This, of course, gives the Army free reign to dispatch every anti-Imperialist. They make quick work of them, and in a week the city-state is considered secure.

"Whew! Thank you! The Imperial Army of Arita did me a service!" The Prefect you assigned wipes a bead of sweat from his brow, though he doesn't verbally thank you. A scroll is sent back with your men and given to you whilst you were sat on your throne one morning.

"Great One, we'll have to keep an eye on Zantium in future times, for we have not seen the last of the resistance." Your advisor smiles, being confident that the Army can handle them.

Year's End, 7698 B.C.

"Your census and status, Bright One."

Harmony: 3
Community: 4
Fortune: 4
Defence: 5

"It would appear that the trade route to the west with Khafir is finally showing us a return on the investment, as is the IRS and their financial duties. Buut, it seems our happiness has suffered a small blow. What with the recent military conflicts, political unrest in Zantium to the south and the IRS. That would be my guess anyway, Emperor."

General Chan Wei Lun quickly cuts in after the crier is done giving his advisory. "Shut up, newsboy! It's only a small boulder in the way of progress. The people will learn to get over it!"

"Imperial Father, our population has improved since the annexation of Zantium. Perhaps you need more of a military presence for future times? Don't forget about the Great Seal that is to set upon your Dynasty in less than a decade!" The Dai Li, always voices of reason.

A) Increase taxes.
B) Decrease taxes.
C) Draft more lowers into the Army.
D) Recruit more Dai Li.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5