Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Statecraft: The Rennes Dynasty!  (Read 2993 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Statecraft: Minimalist Dynasty Game
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2016, 10:02:17 pm »

C.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2016, 10:20:05 pm »

A
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 01:40:49 am »

C. Arrest them, I wanna see if we can get any noteworthy individuals willing to serve us for some freedom.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 03:04:16 am »

PTW to shamelessly copy ideas for events and game mechanics later =P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 10:34:30 am »

You decide to arrest any ronin found in Aritese lands. The Army moves out to the borderlands with haste, securing it in no time. As of yet, no skirmishes are reported between your men and the ronin. Perhaps they realised that taking on well-armed men with their brittle swords wasn't a good idea. But they still stalk about. Watching, waiting. Other villages will have to keep them occupied in the meantime.

Late Winter, 7700 B.C.

"Sovereign One, bad news!" Your crier waves his arms frantically. He is far too animated at the moment so you tell him to chill out.

"I'm sorry, Emperor. But news from the east! The men you deployed to the borders to keep away the ronin, well...they ended up dispatching several who threatened some of our wayward citizens. Unfortunately, they belong to a wandering group known as the Zendan, and their leader requires the spilling of Imperial blood to atone for the loss of his men. He wants your head on a plate, my Lord!"

You stroke your egregiously long beard. You've head of the Zendan before as a child. They were the stuffs of legend. An untold number of samurai who were banished from the island to the east, known as Longzaru. But in the legend they were heroes. These men are mere punks. Cowards who prey on the innocent. Picking on travellers? Now that their lose cannon members met their end by the sword, they seek vengeance?

A) How silly! Mobilise the Imperial Army to erradicate the scum! The Rennes Dynasty succours the weak, and these men are without a state of their own.
B) Is that so? Send Dai Li agents as far east as possible. Scout, track, and assassinate key figureheads.
C) Send emissaries to the leader of Zendan. Words, not the sword, will mend this issue.

"In addition, we have managed to bring one captured ronin, but Emperor, he won't speak! He knows of the Zendan and his knowledge might give us an advantage against them."

A) Get the information out of him by any means necessary. Water torture, perhaps.
B) Treat him not as an enemy, but as a guest. Kindness will bring the knowledge forth like a river.
C) He is of no use to the Imperium. Do away with him, swiftly.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 11:59:24 am »

C, B.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 05:39:50 pm »

You decide to send diplomats to contact Zendan leadership. Or what passes for it. They are somewhat successful. Your diplomats explain that while they are sorry Aritese soldiers had to spill blood, it was necessary to protect the lives of their kin. The ronin in question were only killed when they insisted on causing trouble for innocents. The ronin leaders believe this, but maintain a sideways glance in your direction. Arita is not entirely out of the water with them.

The captured ronin has no time to be interrogated with kindness, because the men guarding him had an off-day, and he takes this opportunity to flee! They give chase, but he absconds to the woodline, seeking refuge in the trees. You are on somewhat we-hate-you-but-won't-kill-you-yet grounds with the ronin thanks to your diplomats, however a lone ronin that was your prisoner is potentially dangerous. You have to do something, so you ...

A) Send Imperial Conscripts into the woodline to give chase.
B) Send the Dai Li into the woodline to give chase.
C) Deploy Imperial Conscripts around the wood's edge to ensure he doesn't come back with friends.
D) Actually don't have to do a damn thing, and don't.

Year's End, 7700 B.C.

You are presented with the Dynasty's standings during Annual Review, in the Imperial Court. While Imperial Scrolls are still in use, criers and other members of the Cabinet are trained and encouraged to recite the stats from memory.

"We still aren't back to our Imperial glory, Emperor. But there is progress! The harvest did indeed prove to help, and our population and happiness have grown, as well as our military, thanks to the Dai Li." The crier sniffs and fights the urge to cry...again. "I just...I'm so proud."

Harmony: 3
Community: 2
Fortune: 2
Defence: 4

Spring, 7699 B.C.

A member of the Cabinet suggests an idea to improve the economy. A martial arts tournament. A proving ground where fighters from all corners of the east come to do battle. You ask how this will improve the economy, when they reply with something about vendors and marketing. Basically, the event will pack the market avenue, making Aritese wares more noticeable. You are a martial ruler, after all. In your day you were quite the pugilist. It will cost some money to set it up and your men will have extra patrols, but should this succeed, the rewards will make up for the expenses.

A) Yes. Arita is a martial dynasty. It will be an honour to host such an event.
B) That's a negative, commander. You see we don't have the money for that, right?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 05:14:58 am by I, Writer »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2016, 05:44:05 pm »

D, A.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2016, 05:47:21 pm »

C, we prevent any harm from being done to our people, without provoking further violence which can be attributed to us.

A, cause martial arts tournament.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Statecraft: The Rennes Dynasty!
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 09:08:01 pm »

You deploy a generous amount of Imperial Conscripts to Arita's border to ensure that the escaped ronin stays out, and doesn't bring his friends. The people are on edge, but do feel safer knowing that an effective ruler such as yourself will keep everything ship shape.

The martial arts tournament, you decide, will be hosted in Arita. Why not? After all, the Rennes Dynasty is one of the arts and martial appreciation. For it is conflict that gives birth to peace. As one cannot exist without the other due to imbalance. It will cost a piece of Imperial coin or two; no one denies this. But the people feel that fortune will smile upon the land soon.

Summer, 7699 B.C.

The dry, sandy nation of Khafir has heard of the Great Imperial State of Arita to its east, and by the beginning of Summer a messenger is sent. A man wearing white robes made of a thin fabric you've not yet seen or touched, riding atop a stark black stallion. He is allowed to pass through the gates and go about his business, but he seeks you, Emperor Rennes. He brings a message from the Caliph of Khafir, his 'emperor' as it were.

A) Grant the man a visit in the Imperial Court. Let him share his message with you in front of the Cabinet.
B) Send him packing. You have a tournament to worry about and a country to run.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 09:12:36 pm »

A.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2016, 10:35:23 pm »

A
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5