Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Statecraft: The Rennes Dynasty!  (Read 2986 times)

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
Statecraft: The Rennes Dynasty!
« on: August 16, 2016, 09:41:00 pm »

Haspen's game got me thinking I would try it out for myself. I do not intend to shadow him and will try to make this game its own thing!

NAME: May be male or female.
ATTRIBUTE: Martial, Fortunate, Pragmatic, Jovial, Resilient, Insightful.
AFFINITY: Bonus to Harmony, Community, Capital, or Defence.

Emperors of the Imperial State of Arita
Konan Rennes - 7700 B.C.
- Trait: Martial
- Family: None

- Achievements
Assumed the throne in the only peaceful revolution in history, replacing the brutal warmonger Zhang Li Wei, and ending the Wei Dynasty, replacing it with his own Rennes Dynasty.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 06:02:02 pm by I, Writer »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Statecraft: Minimalist Dynasty Game
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 03:18:53 am »

NAME: Konan Rennes
ATTRIBUTE: Martial
AFFINITY: Harmony

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 04:16:18 am »

NAME: Konan Rennes
ATTRIBUTE: Martial
AFFINITY: Harmony

+1 we war in the name of peace.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 12:59:01 pm »

Your are Konan Rennes, a ruler known for his harmonic, yet martial, ways. You claim the Imperial Throne in what is the first and only peaceful revolution in history, known as the Budding Lotus Reformation (or simply, the Reform). You are no pushover, and your martial ways owe to a very supportive Imperial Court, and the favour of the various martial groups that exist within the Imperial State of Arita.

Harmony: 3
Community: 1
Fortune: 2
Defence: 3

7700 B.C.

Your first meeting in the Imperial Court as Annual Review is being conducted. You shift in your throne, impatience cast over your entire form.

You're told that the Imperial State is in bad shape after the Reformation. The Imperial Ministry of Coin isn't smiling about the State's economic shape.

A) Cut back on military for a while. The IS of Arita is currently at peace, and focusing inward will yield prosperity.
B) Increase taxes on the commoners. They live in such a glorious land; contribute to its upkeep!
C) Do nothing. The Dao favours balance, and the harvest shows itself to be promising this year.

((This nation will have an eastern flair, rather than a western one. This SG is less about numbers and more about straight-up decision making. You run the show here, and your actions have consequences.))

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 01:49:53 pm »

C.

A new government is ripe pickings for a foreign power. We also want people to remain happy so they're willing to spend money and keep the Economy going.

Waiting is a solid choice right now.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 03:27:26 pm »

Spring, 7700 B.C.

You decide to trust in the Dao to bring favour to Arita. You will come to see whether that was wise or foolish in Autumn.

Meanwhile, in an effort to aid with economic progress, some monks from the local monastery approach you with an idea in the Imperial Court. They point out that there are quite affluent lands to the west. Their travels would bring many rewards. From trade, to diplomatic relations, to scouting new borders for Arita to take. Much opportunity exists, though, they'll need to be put up with supplies on their journey to the west.

A) Let them journey to the west, and set them up with as many supplies as needed.
B) Let them journey to the west, but do not dip into funds to supply them.
C) Forbid the journey altogether, for your own reasons.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 05:03:03 pm »

B, less reward but less risk.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 05:09:32 pm »

B

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 06:22:47 pm »

A.

The better supplied, the more likely they'll come back at all.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 07:07:10 pm »

A
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 07:09:13 pm »

P.T.W
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 07:36:51 pm »

While you wish them peace and prosperity on their travels, the monks must rough it. The Imperial coin is lacking, and fortune does not smile upon Arita this season. The monks are stoic and intentionally live a rugged lifestyle, therefore their haphazardly arranged supplies are simply another day in the life of a monk, for them. They will return at year's end, where you will be regaled with tales from the west, and what treasures they've found.

Summer, 7700 B.C.

It is a warm and moist summer's day when you are approached by three monks of the Sect of the Hand, a martial enclave of brave fighters. They warn that stability is lacking since you assumed the throne, and that many other rulers have their eyes on it. From the ronin who wander the island nation of Longzaru, to unknown lands to the west. The Sect of the Hand is one of the Imperial State's most favoured factions, and so their advice is taken into caution.

An immediate Imperial Court meeting is called, where some of your Cabinet suggest a plethora of options, until--

"O, Great Emperor! Behold, you need an elite guard! Men who exist outside of the Imperial Army's control! Loyal to you and the throne absolutely!"

"Oh?" You respond. You could use the detail. But perhaps an elite entity would be a better fit? You've only just become the new Emperor; you can feel the steely gaze of those who seek Arita and her borders for their own all the way in the Imperial Palace. This is not a trifling matter.

A) "Yes. Establish the elite guard at once!"
B) "No. Such is an imbalance. Imperial Conscripts are fine for the moment."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 07:42:18 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2016, 07:44:02 pm »

A seems like a gud idea.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2016, 09:57:19 pm »

"Splendid, Emperor! I shall call for the nation's best and brightest, and they shall be moulded into the finest elite guard in the eastern realm!" Your crier then informs you that you won't see the new guard until the end of the year. How fitting. A new path, a new year. It all fits.

Autumn, 7700 B.C.

Ah, fortune favours Arita this harvest. Crop yields are plentiful, and the Imperial State is sure to experience a population increase in the coming seasons!

Winter, 7700 B.C.

In the capitol, there is talk of ronin wandering about Imperial lands from the east, and some roving bands are making their way to Arita, scouts say. While not a serious threat, they still embody a danger to the citizenry.

A) Deploy the Imperial Army at the eastern border and establish routine patrols. No ronin are getting in on our watch!
B) Deploy the Imperial Army to the eastern border and eliminate the ronin.
C) Deploy the Imperial Army and arrest the ronin. As many as you can manage.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5