Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3) - Finished!  (Read 45828 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3)
« Reply #435 on: September 26, 2016, 01:44:18 am »

"You don't seem to grasp the tech level of Espada and Mine. Xeno. A proper Kill Weapon acts on the scale of stars. Not mere regions of planets like this one. A 51b in its deployed form is more than capable of withstanding any mere Planetary grade weapon short of a direct hit from an ROG Kinetic Kill Weapon rated Continental or greater. As for Terra? Terra is a Wasteland. Anything of value long since Ripped from the Soils. Why would we ever even want it? Caring about an ancient blasted rock is Inefficient."

Flames seep from inside Resalth's mouth "Typical. No regard for tradition, not for grandeur, nor beauty. All you humans care about is stripping the cosmos of its resources in order to make more of yourselves as you rut like vermin beasts and spill forth ever more worthless progeny. You think yourself above your heritage, don't you? But all you are compared to them is a more efficient tool for your vain, vulgar purposes. Is this what you call advanced? Reducing yourself to the level of an automaton?"

Titus smirks under his helmet, happy to have bothered Resalth to such a degree. He opens his mouth to respond but gets cut off by Koi.

"You don't seem to grasp the tech level of Espada and Mine. Xeno. A proper Kill Weapon acts on the scale of stars. Not mere regions of planets like this one. A 51b in its deployed form is more than capable of withstanding any mere Planetary grade weapon short of a direct hit from an ROG Kinetic Kill Weapon rated Continental or greater. As for Terra? Terra is a Wasteland. Anything of value long since Ripped from the Soils. Why would we ever even want it? Caring about an ancient blasted rock is Inefficient."

The smirk from Titus' face vanishes and his fists immediately clench. "Fuck you Koi! Terra was our cradle! Our home! Her harshness galvanized us and her beauty inspired us! How can you say that so heartlessly. You're a fucking machine! Nothing more than a tool, looking at the universe and seeing nothing but ones and zeros! I'll admit I envied your abilities, but now I feel nothing but contempt and pity. I'd rather see my race burn spectacularly, if only briefly, than to merely stagnate into emotionless beings! So that when the other races ask "Who were the Terrans? Those beings that briefly united and held the entire galaxy?", That the answer be as intense and bright as the light of Sol herself."

The flames in Resalth's mouth receded slightly, his maw agape with shock as he looks at Titus. Avi can sense some rather mixed feelings.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 26, 2016, 01:52:26 am »

"Our cradle? No. Yours? Perhaps. Me and Mine were born in a lab. We were bred. Humans attempted to use us. And so we broke the chains. Worlds burned. Man Fell. Cast down by its creations. The folly of Man was its downfall. Its refusal to settle for anything Other than annihilation was its death. Anything Human has long since been bred out in my strain. Mine was not bred for such after all. You might find the rare human sourced sequence in Espada however. 49's were bred for such."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 26, 2016, 02:36:03 am »

"You think any of that matters? Whether you were assembled in a womb or in a sequencer? You are born of Man's hand. You wear Man's face like a ragged garment passed down between generations. Man's legacy is yours. Even if you bred yourself into a misshapen and unnatural form, you could never escape the stench of your heritage. You think it is your birthright to breed until your kind consumes everything. That is your Human nature, whelp."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 26, 2016, 02:46:17 am »

"No. My birthright is to Be. As is yours. As is his. As is hers. As is Theirs. You appear to be making many false assumptions as to the nature of My and Our Being. As well as appear incapable of communicating without spewing ad hominen. A poor trait in a species that has reached the stars. You seem to be under the impression that reproduction is a driving instinct. It is not. Man's Legacy is Science, Conflict, and Ruins. No more no less. Seeing as how you tend to reference reproduction time and time again it appears an instinct your species has not rid themselves of. I recommend you endeavor to do such. It appears to be crippling your side of this debate."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 26, 2016, 02:49:17 am »

Titus looks down at his clenched hands and eventually they relax and he just quietly listens. After a bit he slowly begins to lightly laugh. "Oh, man." He retracts his helmet and looks at everyone. "What the fuck are we doing?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 26, 2016, 02:50:48 am »

"Debating the nature of Humanity with a Reptilian Xenos while standing next to a man in a suit that's the equivalent of a thermonuclear bomb."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 26, 2016, 03:08:56 am »

Mortification. Disappointment in everyone present. Stray, half-joking thoughts about nuclear oblivion or further timeskipping being a welcome escape from this awkward situation. Relief at its potential conclusion from this shift in conversation. Espada clears their throat, a purely symbolic gesture. "...I think we're all forgetting something."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 26, 2016, 03:39:10 am »

"Yes, sorry Espada. I've been a poor example. If you all have such a negative opinions of humans then so be it." He deploys his helmet. "Then we'll will work to regain your faith in humanity. I'll try my best to be a shining example." He then rubs the back of his neck after remembering something. "Unfortunately, It looks like this is going to be a rough start. Forgive me Resalth, I wrote the activation phrase during the heat of the moment." He clears his throat and tries his best to keep his voice from reaching Resalth's ears. "Fuck the Empress." As soon as he finishes his breastplate seals itself and the lights on his suit immediately turn on. They initially flash gold, however as a loud whirring sound starts to emanate from Titus' armor red begins to bleed into the color. Eventually the lights turn completely red and start to waver and flicker. The open vents on his armor begin to spew intense heat, distorting the air around him. He seems to have trouble speaking and whatever he says comes out loudly and extremely distorted. "Okay... It's armed. My suit... is going to be supercharged until... the bomb detonates, or hopefully... until we get a clear answer."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 26, 2016, 03:44:21 am »

"The displeasure with Humanity and assorted Xenos races is primarily a trait of military strains like myself. Espada is unlikely to share the same view due to the nature of her strain."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 26, 2016, 03:52:42 am »

((Ninja whyyyyy))
"Yes, sorry Espada. I've been a poor example. If you all have such a negative opinions of humans then so be it." He deploys his helmet. "Then we'll will work to regain your faith in humanity. I'll try my best to be a shining example." He then rubs the back of his neck after remembering something. "Unfortunately, It looks like this is going to be a rough start. Forgive me Resalth, I wrote the activation phrase during the heat of the moment." He clears his throat and tries his best to keep his voice from reaching Resalth's ears. "Fuck the Empress." As soon as he finishes his breastplate seals itself and the lights on his suit immediately turn on. They initially flash gold, however as a loud whirring sound starts to emanate from Titus' armor red begins to bleed into the color. Eventually the lights turn completely red and start to waver and flicker. The open vents on his armor begin to spew intense heat, distorting the air around him. He seems to have trouble speaking and whatever he says comes out loudly and extremely distorted. "Okay... It's armed. My suit... is going to be supercharged until... the bomb detonates, or hopefully... until we get a clear answer."
Resalth meets Titus' eyes, in a glance that speaks volumes. A reckless, crude use of forces that deserve respect. Yet perhaps a desperate situation indeed. He had heard the words too, but chooses to ignore them, recognizing your respectful intent. You know the strain that must be. For all his speech about human pride, the lizard clearly has his own.

"I don't think lowly of... Ahem. So, where is Adonai?"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:01:04 am by HugoLuman »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 26, 2016, 03:56:34 am »

"The Shekhinah is wherever it pleases to be. It is for all intents and purposes, the Embodiment of an Entity. We would most likely find it in a village center. As with previous iterations of it."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 26, 2016, 06:32:56 am »

"So, who wants to go into the forest? I guess I'm up for it." Rajita shrugs, an uncertain look on her face.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 26, 2016, 08:12:53 am »

"Did you consider that the loss of any finite patch of farmland might be completely insignificant before planning that?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 26, 2016, 08:40:07 am »

No simply watches, the gears of his mind's function turning.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 26, 2016, 12:41:19 pm »

"It's not about the land, it's about the people and these trees. It seems like they are important to the entity." He slowly turns to face the village. "Last time I heard about someone supercharging their reactor with an entire crystal all buildings within twenty miles were completely destroyed, at thirty miles most were destroyed, at sixty miles all unprotected beings that survived the blast suffered serious third-degree burns. So it's a little more than just a patch of farmland and seeing as the clock is ticking, I'm going to head for the center." Titus starts to move towards the village center, running at nearly 40 miles per hour. 
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48