Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 48

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3) - Finished!  (Read 45863 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3)
« Reply #375 on: September 17, 2016, 12:38:57 am »

Clearly the Entity doesn't want us to then. Therefore. It is our job to do such.

"Oi. Titus. Avi. When you two are done with the dragon we're going climbing."
Avi was already ready.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 17, 2016, 12:40:51 am »

((Now that I think about it. Avi Probably could pick up somewhat on KX9 comms due to their nature as literally emotionally charged transmissions on a mind to mind basis. Don't think she'd be able to interject without practice though.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 17, 2016, 12:41:44 am »

((Yeah, makes sense.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 17, 2016, 12:51:01 am »

"The Aether here is... odd. Not the sort I'd wish to use."

No stops making essences, then follows after the Traveller.
"Odd? How so?"

They reach the center of the farm, a dirt courtyard ringed by a big lodge, a barn, and a couple of the wooden cabins. There's a signpost in the exact center. A child leans against the barn, strumming a guitar.

"Alright Koi, I'm on the way." Titus turns back to Resalth. "Well, I'm off." He opens a small cylinder and drops the rest of his cigar in and then points to Resalth's cigar and speaks in heavily accented draconian. "Enjoy it. It's a Terran classic." He clears his throat, massages it and then goes back to speaking normally. "Man, that's hard on the vocal chords. Sorry if I'm a bit rusty, It's been long time since I've spoken it." He then walks over to where Koi is. "What exactly are we climbing?"   
The Draconian finishes chewing his smouldering cigar and swallows it, following after Titus. "Wait! I think I know you from somewhere..."

((Yeah, makes sense.))
((If No can't pick them up, then Avi probably shouldn't be able to either. At the absolute best, maybe she'd get a sense of emotions, but not of content))

"Trees."

"Espada notes that they put off an anomalous mental repulsion effect. Therefore the Entity doesn't want us touching em. Therefore, we're going to climb them. And in all honesty. We're probably going to topple a few while trying. Or we'll get reverted again depending on if they're Protected Objects like the Guitar. The majority of the group weighs a lot after all."

They walk along the East road until it meets the woods. There doesn't seem to be anything strange about the trees on the edge here, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 17, 2016, 01:04:21 am »

((Has No ever actually tried? There has never been another KX9 for Koi to interact with while in No's presence.))

Well might as well start with the exterior trees. After that. We move further in. Start climbing and probably breaking said trees.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 17, 2016, 01:08:47 am »

Titus places his left hand on his hilt as he walks. "Yeah?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 17, 2016, 01:41:56 am »

((For the purposes of the current adventure, psionics and magic are entirely separate.))

Titus places his left hand on his hilt as he walks. "Yeah?"
Resalth catches up with them at the edge of the woods. "Yes... someone was looking for you a few days ago, I think."

((Has No ever actually tried? There has never been another KX9 for Koi to interact with while in No's presence.))

Well might as well start with the exterior trees. After that. We move further in. Start climbing and probably breaking said trees.

Koi starts climbing the nearest tree, finding it sturdy enough to take his weight. Espada seems apprehensive, but doesn't seem to feel put off by these trees on examination. They tense their mechanical legs, then jump straight up into the boughs of another tree, swaying the branch as they land on it. Avi still senses projected dreams of anxiety, but maybe not from these particular trees near the edge...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 17, 2016, 01:48:18 am »

"It's further in."
Sigtext

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 17, 2016, 01:53:46 am »

"Who?" Titus walks further in and starts to climb a tree.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 17, 2016, 01:56:32 am »

"The anomalous trees." Scale to the top. Get a view of the area, then head down and further into the forest.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 17, 2016, 02:44:56 am »

"I mean who was looking for me?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 17, 2016, 02:52:48 am »

"Who?" Titus walks further in and starts to climb a tree.
"The anomalous trees." Scale to the top. Get a view of the area, then head down and further into the forest.
"I mean who was looking for me?"
Resalth calls up from the ground to Titus as he climbs. "Well... I believe there was a somewhat short man, carried around a big bag. Another man, a mage I believe. A woman, too, and I think... a fey of some sort?"

Koi and Titus reach the top of their trees, though Espada had already been feeding Koi visual information from their perch during his climb, and wonders if Titus has some kind of tactical uplink or HUD they could feed into. Together, they look out over the trees. As far as the eye can see, it's a sea of green surrounding the cleared square of the farm. After taking this in, Koi climbs back down and starts heading along the path deeper into the woods, where the light of day grows dimmer.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 17, 2016, 02:54:15 am »

"Ah. Sounds like we went forward several days then. The question is. How do we go back?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 17, 2016, 03:34:53 am »

"Ah. Sounds like we went forward several days then. The question is. How do we go back?"
"Do I look like a chronomancer to you?" The dragonman laughs. "It is funny because such a thing does not exist. Or else we would have crushed the..." He looks confused for a moment.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 17, 2016, 03:35:56 am »

"Finish that thought."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 48