Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 48

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3) - Finished!  (Read 45874 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3)
« Reply #345 on: September 15, 2016, 03:24:13 pm »

"Good luck!" calls the boy as they leave.

A number of indistinct images flash across Espada's forehead as the group walks. Doubts. Recollected data from intetviews with locals, including dozens of mundane seeming humans. Consistent stories of subjects recalling arriving from elsewhere. Musings on implications, very slight doubts to the veracity of their own existence.

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 15, 2016, 03:41:06 pm »

One thinks. Therefore They Are.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 15, 2016, 07:52:23 pm »

Titus retracts his helmet and rubs his forehead and then runs his hand through his hair. He gives the group a serious look and then speaks in a low tone. "I'm tired of this. Someone needs to state a plan of action now or else I will handle this the best way I know how." He deploys his helmet and waits for their answer.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 15, 2016, 08:00:55 pm »

"We're going to sweep the surrounding area for items and people of note in a spiral before heading into the forest." Koi sets off.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 15, 2016, 08:33:57 pm »

"Then let's!"

Avi follows, focusing more on sensing lifeforms, and the form of the lifeforms, than anything else.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 08:42:02 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 15, 2016, 11:58:14 pm »

"I'll do some information gathering. I'll question Resalth. Don't worry, I won't attack him." Titus moves over to where Resalth and asks him if he'd like to join them on their walk and if he'd mind if he asks him some questions.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 16, 2016, 12:17:28 am »

"We're going to sweep the surrounding area for items and people of note in a spiral before heading into the forest." Koi sets off.
Strawberries and cultivated flowers in all the fields, a few heat signatures scattered about the small wooden dwellings. There are likely tools in the barn. Espada offers to dump the profiles of all 493 individuals they have studied during their time here for your perusal, though queries whether your mind might be better formatted to simply browsing from their memory storage.

"Then let's!"

Avi follows, focusing more on sensing lifeforms, and the form of the lifeforms, than anything else.

There are all the growing plants and small, benign creatures of the soil as noted before. There are also humans, and various humanoids, lying asleep indoors around the farm, though none seem particularly magical.

"I'll do some information gathering. I'll question Resalth. Don't worry, I won't attack him." Titus moves over to where Resalth and asks him if he'd like to join them on their walk and if he'd mind if he asks him some questions.
Titus finds him leaning against the porch rail of the lodge, watching the others do their spiral. He's licking a big bowl of porridge clean. With his tongue. Not even holding a utensil. And those lizards claim to be oh-so-refined... He looks up as Titus approaches. "Oh. I hope it was not my cooking that offended your companions so. What was that about?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 16, 2016, 12:23:36 am »

Koi pings for the profiles of personal of note.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 16, 2016, 12:39:28 am »

"No, that wasn't it, we're just... stuck here. That was one of our attempts at escaping or at least in finding a way to escape." He reaches into one of his many compartments and pulls out 2 large cigars. "Do you smoke?"

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 16, 2016, 12:56:00 am »

Rajita stays put, waiting.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 16, 2016, 02:49:07 am »

"No, that wasn't it, we're just... stuck here. That was one of our attempts at escaping or at least in finding a way to escape." He reaches into one of his many compartments and pulls out 2 large cigars. "Do you smoke?"
While it's hard to read his face, the look in the Draconian's eyes says are you trying to be funny fairly clearly, but he graciously keeps silent and takes the offered roll. "Stuck? Well, I can see that. I think I.. remember feeling that way... before I grew to..." He peers at an emblem on Titus' armor. "You look familiar..." He's staring intensely at it now. "Did you... did I... cook breakfast for you before this morning?"

Koi pings for the profiles of personal of note.
Espada reviews your notability parameters, and pulls up some matches. A human female of atypical neurality, who seems to keep exact count of the number of hours since her arrival (12,775 at their last interaction). An elderly human male who has refused food and drink for a period of time that should have long ago precluded his survival. A 3-meter tall horned humanoid who yielded nil spectrum analysis results from Espada's sensors, and claimed to have been a "Vassal of the Stygian Pit." An emaciated, multi-limbed being with whom they were able to hold a psychic conversation, but whom they have subsequently been unable to find. A human (?) composed solely of its skeletal system, bearing a pendant with apparently negative luminosity. An android who seemed inconsolable about separation from its charges, though had been noted to grow slightly less melancholic over time. A man apparently from a timeline where humans had evolved from rats, who expressed... Espada seems to be restraining themself from excitedly informing you about everyone, and informs you that they will continue to process and filter the results.

Rajita stays put, waiting.
"Alrighty, the way I see it, we've got three options. Last known location of Koi," he points towards the Southeast corn fields, "the signal the aforementioned Koi kept complaining about," he points towards the center of the farm, "Or we keep looking for my box along one of these roads. Seriously, though, feel free to speak up if you've got any better leads. Otherwise, let's move!"

"Should we not simply check the closest first?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 16, 2016, 02:58:06 am »

Actually. Do tell about the human evolved from rats. That sounds interesting. If technically irrelevent from the current train of- Oh. Here's a thought. Reversions don't move on the w-axis. They move on the z-axis. Time. That would explain why Titus and my rings are still connected yet the Traveler's is not. Desynced temporally. Not dimensionally. Would be synced still if it was dimensional desyncronization. Would explain the specifics of the reversions as well. Rewind slightly then tweak for the Prime Manifestation and Major Rewinds for the secondary perhaps?

"Thought. Not displaced dimensionally from Traveler Group. Displaced Temporally. Topic is open for discussion."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 16, 2016, 03:09:02 am »

"I don't know, maybe in one of these timelines, dimensions or whatever." He pulls out a combat knife and cuts his cigar. "But I don't think that's why you recognize me, or at least this." He taps his emblem with his cigar and then holds the cigar out towards Resalth with the end pointed towards him. Titus then turns to look at him expectantly.   

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 16, 2016, 03:54:27 am »

Resalth starts to chew on the cigar he was handed before, a look of intense thought in his eyes. "...The rift at the Mouth of Orion... we fled... at relativistic... why would you draw attention to that sym-" Suddenly he pulls his head back and releases a roar that rattles the nearby windows, then slumps against the porch railing. "No... it is too painful."

Actually. Do tell about the human evolved from rats. That sounds interesting. If technically irrelevent from the current train of- Oh. Here's a thought. Reversions don't move on the w-axis. They move on the z-axis. Time. That would explain why Titus and my rings are still connected yet the Traveler's is not. Desynced temporally. Not dimensionally. Would be synced still if it was dimensional desyncronization. Would explain the specifics of the reversions as well. Rewind slightly then tweak for the Prime Manifestation and Major Rewinds for the secondary perhaps?

"Thought. Not displaced dimensionally from Traveler Group. Displaced Temporally. Topic is open for discussion."
Espada relays a brief log. Subject: Jaden Amundsen seemed outwardly identical to the more familiar ape-derived hominids. At first. However, it was discovered that he possessed a very upright digitigrade stance, difficult to detect at first through clothing, as well as (most curiously) a completely retractable tail. Conversation also revealed remarkable capability for dental regeneration. Questioning about subject's paleontological education confirmed rat derived humans. Espada muses about what this timeline might look like further along, when this version of humanity may begin to form offshoots like the KX9. In regards to relevancy to original search terms, Espada brings up sentiments expressed by subject on multiple occasions that "this day is fucking phony, man."

Espada speaks over the radio "Might that imply that, rather than false memories, what we remember may actually have occurred? But we were not lucid during that time?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 16, 2016, 04:03:05 am »

"Correct. Implies major mental interference in that event."

Inquiry at acquisition of gene sample of Subject Jaden Amundsen? Could prove fruitful to seed them on an uncolonized world and let them develop for a time.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 48