Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3) - Finished!  (Read 45904 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3)
« Reply #255 on: September 14, 2016, 06:59:00 pm »

"Correct. You are the closest thing to a Combatform present."

"Memetics are not magic. They're functionally mind viruses. More psionic in nature."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 14, 2016, 07:00:19 pm »

"Psionics is magic from another angle...Though one I need to look for specifically."

Avi attempts to Detect Psionics.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:02:31 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 14, 2016, 07:02:41 pm »

"False. Psionics are a structure in the brain that allows one to inflict their will upon existence via the power of thought and unadultarated stubborness. Magic is an anomalous force that does not require a physical manifestation within the user's brain to inflict the user's will upon existence and is purely theoretical in nature."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:39:40 pm by Kevak »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 14, 2016, 07:06:30 pm »

"I'm sorry, you just said psionics is magic.  Or maybe my magic is your psionics.  Either... Way... They're... Both... Detectable... With..."

Avi looks to be busy concentrating, trying to See whatever is affecting the world now she knows it's there.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 14, 2016, 07:07:39 pm »

"No. I said psionics are science and magic is an anomalous force."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 14, 2016, 07:12:39 pm »

Titus just glaces between the two as they talk. "Does it really matter, we really should get back to trying to get out of here first."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 14, 2016, 07:13:52 pm »

"And my mother taught me magic and psionics are simply applied physics.  So you're just not explaining it well enough.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm concentrating."
Sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 14, 2016, 07:36:31 pm »

"Magic based psionics are not actually psionics. If it doesn't have the physical brain structure it isn't science."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 14, 2016, 07:37:25 pm »

"We can debate later."
Sigtext

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 14, 2016, 07:37:47 pm »

Titus turns to Koi."Do I have to pick you up?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 14, 2016, 07:38:27 pm »

What do Koi and Titus look like, anyway?
Sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 14, 2016, 07:40:20 pm »

((Koi's character sheet is somewhere in the OOC.))

"I'm not totally sure that you could pick me up. Current morphology is quite dense. Your armor might help with that though"

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 14, 2016, 07:42:21 pm »

Titus looks at him incredulously. "How much do you weigh?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 14, 2016, 07:45:13 pm »

"Hrmph...Ssssh."
Sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 14, 2016, 07:49:07 pm »

Koi, presumably with Titus, heads towards Espada and Avi.

There only seemed to be a scant 120 meters of woodland between the farm (whose fields were all fallow) where Koi and Titus found themselves, and the adjacent one where Espada broadcasted from, as opposed for the walk that took minutes between their landing site and where they had last seen the rest of the group. This farm seemed to be growing nothing but watermelons, aside from a single pumpkin patch. Koi noticed the exact same musical signal emanating from the center of this farm, too.

"I'm sorry, you just said psionics is magic.  Or maybe my magic is your psionics.  Either... Way... They're... Both... Detectable... With..."

Avi looks to be busy concentrating, trying to See whatever is affecting the world now she knows it's there.

Avi doesn't See anything she wouldn't expect to find in a verdant countryside. The sun radiates a gentle magical energy, among other kinds of energy, as is not uncommon on many planes. The soil looks saturated with life-force. There's the gentle music of a stringed instrument, carrying subtle suggestions of peace, quiet, and prosperity, but this is no more magical than the unknowing flirtations with the Bardic arts that some peasants make while playing their idle and happy songs.

"Perhaps it might be Science where she originates from, given different natural laws. Chances are it works off some quantifiable mechanism. However, I must note I've encountered many apparently magical people in my time here, and its workings seem hardly consistent between any of them."

Rajita seems to be distracted by something. "Yeah..yeah, we should probably go."
She then gestures at the rest of the group to come over to her.

The Traveler does so.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48