Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3) - Finished!  (Read 45931 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3)
« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2016, 08:23:26 am »

"Yes, I am a mage. What is it to you?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2016, 10:34:54 am »

The Traveler stares off into the middle-distance, looking concerned. "Oh my cheap-ass god..."

"Yes, I am a mage. What is it to you?"

"In another life, this, too, was my calling. Though, seeing a human mage..."
Resalth looks confused for a moment, as if trying to remember something. "Well, it has been some time since I have met another versed in the Art. Well met!" He bows again.

Rajita thanks Resalth for the compliment, and then gives the Traveller a pointed look.

The Traveler pulls the long spike out of his head. "...what?"

"You're talking about the boy right? Or at least that's who I think it could be. He seemed very suspicious when we first met him, and with that song that he keeps playing." He pauses for a bit when he remembers that the boy is in the room. "Oh right, I forgot you were here. Eh- Sorry, kind of."
The boy offers an apologetic shrug as Titus finishes donning his armor. "Ah'm sorry mister, I cain't make head nor tail of this conversation. But if y'all really got to go, heck, don't be held up on our account."

Espada stands up, the circular display on their forehead flashing through a number of symbols. Grogginess, confusion, slight nausea, apprehension. "I don't believe we've... huh..."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2016, 10:57:34 am »

Rajita just starts to wildly gesture at the spike.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2016, 11:29:07 am »

Rajita just starts to wildly gesture at the spike.

You notice that the little hole left behind in his head does not bleed. "Oh. This is a thing that helps me tap into psychic networks, like the the one a certain cat-eared little snipe uses. I don't think there's a name for it, maybe something catchy like 'thoughtspike.' Anyways, I'm fairly certain something very bad just happened to Koi. Roughly," he twirls a finger and points it into the corn field on the other side of the road from Resalth's group, "thataways. Also, anyone notice that we seem to be ignoring Titus? Or rather, the lack of Titus?"

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2016, 11:39:06 am »

Rajita sheepishly raises her hand, while dusting off her sari.
"I noticed, but...I didn't end up saying anything?"
Ain't nobody got time for that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2016, 01:12:14 pm »

"Yes, Titus seems to be gone. When did he leave?"

Resalth looks confused for a moment, as if trying to remember something. "Well, it has been some time since I have met another versed in the Art. Well met!" He bows again.

"Well met. I don't suppose you'd mind telling me what your Affinity is?"

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2016, 02:56:51 pm »

Koi just.. Dumps the recorded memories of the past bit for Espada to sift through. The obvious memetic deviations removed.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2016, 05:20:33 pm »

Koi just.. Dumps the recorded memories of the past bit for Espada to sift through. The obvious memetic deviations removed.
Espada already shares the same questionable memories of the past day as yourself. As well as your previous interaction. They seem to be caught off-balance, rather, uncertain about the next course of action and fearful of further mindfuck.

A couple more people in the same clothes wander into the room, asking the others about the readiness of the grub, and making petty conversation. Titus finishes donning his armor.

"Yes, Titus seems to be gone. When did he leave?"

"Florck, I'm not sure..."

"Well met. I don't suppose you'd mind telling me what your Affinity is?"

"Pyre, as is my birthright. It has made me very useful around here."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2016, 05:25:28 pm »

"Now then. Move it you two. We're leaving. Be aware Daemon that attempts at interference will end with holes in your Existance. The sooner we leave, the less likely a hole is made in your Realm. You are advised to cooporate." Koi heads for the door, pausing to wait for Espada and Titus.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 13, 2016, 06:42:13 pm »

Titus just shrugs his shoulders and walks out the door.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2016, 06:58:17 pm »

"Interesting. Do you mean Fire? Or is it a variant?"

Immediately after said question, No frowns slightly. "I'm curious-why would somebody skilled in the art of aether manipulation devote himself to manual labor of all things?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2016, 07:47:11 pm »

Titus just shrugs his shoulders and walks out the door.
"Now then. Move it you two. We're leaving. Be aware Daemon that attempts at interference will end with holes in your Existance. The sooner we leave, the less likely a hole is made in your Realm. You are advised to cooporate." Koi heads for the door, pausing to wait for Espada and Titus.

"Alrighty, good luck!" As the three walk out the door, the grinning boy makes eye contact with Koi. "Y'all have a nice day"

They emerge into golden sunlight, in the center dirt square of a tiny village, in the exact center of which stands a simple wooden signpost. The building they emerged from is a big communal lodge of some kind, across from a barn. There's a couple dozen small cabins scattered about, everything made of wood. Straight roads head to the woods surrounding the square plot of land in all four directions, dividing the fields around the buildings into four quadrants. One seems to be full of sunflowers, another alfalfa, and two some kind of grain.

The door of the lodge's detached kitchen swings open, and someone walks out, carrying a big, steaming cast iron pot of porridge in his bare hands. The Draconian.

"Interesting. Do you mean Fire? Or is it a variant?"

Immediately after said question, No frowns slightly. "I'm curious-why would somebody skilled in the art of aether manipulation devote himself to manual labor of all things?"

"Well, 'Fire' is the word an unrefined person would..."
Resalth looks befuddled for a moment. "Apologies, that was rude of me. Anyways, I find this simple life has rather charmed me. It is peaceful and pleasant enough, and one has time to think."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 13, 2016, 08:00:02 pm »

"Adapt filter to handle accent." Filter adaptation to include phrase 'Y'all have a nice day' as well as accentual permutations. Relay filter patch to Espada.

"Titus. Ignore the draconic thrall. It is irrelvent. It is also displaced based upon last known location. Implying construct or sublevel in reality."

Koi emits a high frequency sound. High enough that barring hearing assistance (Which Titus may or may not have), only he and Espada would pick it up. Espada would note it's a pulsing rather then a single note. Likely intent of sonar.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2016, 08:42:03 pm »

"Listen, I'm not going to pretended like I've understood half the things you've said in the past few minutes, however if Seth is truly a thrall to a mentic demon or whatever," He unlocks the mechanism holding the sword in its scabbard. "Then I cannot in good conscious leave him like that. I mean you yourself spoke of how terrible this place was, and just look at him." He begins to walk towards the draconian. "He's practically begging me to release him."

As he nears Seth he yells out to him. "Oi! Seth, can you put that pot down, this will just take a second!"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 13, 2016, 08:45:41 pm »

"Adapt filter to handle accent." Filter adaptation to include phrase 'Y'all have a nice day' as well as accentual permutations. Relay filter patch to Espada.

"Titus. Ignore the draconic thrall. It is irrelvent. It is also displaced based upon last known location. Implying construct or sublevel in reality."

Koi emits a high frequency sound. High enough that barring hearing assistance (Which Titus may or may not have), only he and Espada would pick it up. Espada would note it's a pulsing rather then a single note. Likely intent of sonar.

The reptilian humanoid flinches, nearly dropping the pot of porridge as he flings one hand up to cover an ear-hole. "Apologies, Resalth. It won't take long."

"No, no, I only wish you had warned me."

"I didn't know you could hear at such a range."

The reptilian humanoid nods, and then a look of deep confusion comes over his face (though Koi only recognizes it as such due to Espada's study of the alien facial features).

"Listen, I'm not going to pretended like I've understood half the things you've said in the past few minutes, however if Seth is truly a thrall to a mentic demon or whatever," He unlocks the mechanism holding the sword in its scabbard. "Then I cannot in good conscious leave him like that. I mean you yourself spoke of how terrible this place was, and just look at him." He begins to walk towards the draconian. "He's practically begging me to release him."

As he nears Seth he yells out to him. "Oi! Seth, can you put that pot down, this will just take a second!"

"Oh, good morning. I made the porridge exactly as you asked." The confused expression comes again.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48