Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3) - Finished!  (Read 45926 times)

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3)
« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2016, 10:14:43 pm »

"We'll I guess killing that draconian could wait till after breakfast. Considering you guys made it special and all." Titus decides to wait but still tries to contact the rest of the group through the ring.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2016, 11:57:25 pm »

"Why do you talk into your hand?"

"Magic."

"You are mages?" Resalth glances at No.

Looking at his ring, the Traveler mutters "Right. That's it." He fishes in his duffel and removes what looks like a high-tech thumbtack with a very long spike.

"We'll I guess killing that draconian could wait till after breakfast. Considering you guys made it special and all." Titus decides to wait but still tries to contact the rest of the group through the ring.

You speak into the ring. You speak into the ring again. But even after several attempts, you get no response.

"Functional. Be patient. I'm doing a thing."

In theory yes. In practice. Need a psi amp or a largescale groupthink to draw the energy from or headaches become a problem dependent on weight, volume, and distance. Really how it is with most psiforms from my time. We're intended to interface with amps. That I'm not currently plugged into an amp or within a structure or ship that functions as an amp is atypical.
Inquiry into distance for desired Hop, six spatial frames of reference, input local, and output local. As well as details for the local spatial plane's resistance to manipulation, and any local transpacial distortions to account for. Koi seems to have defaulted into a calculation mode.

Espada provides what information they can. Memory of the inside of the barn, 82.3951 meters away, a particular spot above a pile of corn already stacked inside. The mass of the basket of corn they currently hold in one arm. Various other metrics, points of reference (including triangulation with the other microwave musical signal). They apologize for being unable to provide more information, as they are not specced for manipulating space or perceiving it on such a level.

"Right. That's it..."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2016, 12:06:43 am »

"Patience. One would expect a relatively ageless entity to have such. Now shoosh. Am focusing."

Koi closes their eyes. More for the mental effect rather then anything else. Not like the eyelids actually block anything. Reality Rips as he attempts to relocate the bundle of low yield agricultural product to the correct spot based on the provided data. He likely will get a headache from it regardless of success or failure.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2016, 12:30:06 am »

Titus addresses those at the table. "Does anyone know where my companions are?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2016, 02:21:05 am »

Sighing, the Traveler takes the thumbtack-looking thing and, pressing it to his temple, pushes the four-inch long spike all the way into his head. He starts fiddling with the end of it.

"Patience. One would expect a relatively ageless entity to have such. Now shoosh. Am focusing."

Koi closes their eyes. More for the mental effect rather then anything else. Not like the eyelids actually block anything. Reality Rips as he attempts to relocate the bundle of low yield agricultural product to the correct spot based on the provided data. He likely will get a headache from it regardless of success or failure.

As Koi prods the fabric of reality with his mind, he feels something unexpected. Like dipping one's finger into warm butter, the medium melting around it, offering little resistance but leaving no hole in its wake. But furthermore, on touching his mind to this place's bare fabric of existence, Koi is struck with a powerful jolt of smothering contentment. Due to his state of mind, Koi recoils from this with such intensity that the mental backlash immediately causes Espada to drop to their knees, vomiting. Though Koi bears a rather painful amount of the strain as well.

A buzzing sound, growing increasingly louder. Not like the buzzing of static, but bees. Definitely bees. After a few seconds it resolves into a something you find intelligible. ...est, Test. There, that's probably you. What exactly are you up to?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2016, 02:48:59 am »

This is why I prefer a groupthink to spread the backlash amongst. Doesn't work well with only two minds to spread it to. However this confirms a worrying theory I had. This reality is a Falsehood. An Untruth. I recommend vacating the plane of existance immediately.

Confirming a theory Traveler. We are Inside a Memetic Daemon or similar Entity. Returning shortly.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:52:12 am by Kevak »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2016, 03:21:04 am »

This is why I prefer a groupthink to spread the backlash amongst. Doesn't work well with only two minds to spread it to. However this confirms a worrying theory I had. This reality is a Falsehood. An Untruth. I recommend vacating the plane of existance immediately.

Confirming a theory Traveler. We are Inside a Memetic Daemon or similar Entity. Returning shortly.

You feel anguish from Espada, and that they are falling unconscious. There is a buzzing, pressure-like feeling emanating from the Traveler that is difficult to interpret. The nearby human(oid)s appear alarmed and concerned about Espada, the dark grey one exclaiming "Muthsera??" As they rush to aid, you

What an interesting day. Against all expectations, you encountered another of your kind, lifting your spirits. After such fascinating conversation, they joined you in your search for... something. Though you did not find it, some locals provided you with a place to stay and some surprisingly enjoyable food. The next day, you both collected yourselves to renew your efforts, your new friend offering to take you to meet some interesting people...

16 noted repetitions of the music and counting. ERROR: inconsistency in system clock.

You find yourself sitting at a wooden table, with Espada seated opposite. There are others, too, and everyone at the table seems to have an empty wooden bowl before them.

Titus addresses those at the table. "Does anyone know where my companions are?"

"Aren't these your friends here?" says one of the women in the plain rural garb. Titus notices Koi sitting at the table.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2016, 03:34:24 am »

Koi stands up."Haha. No. Temporal inconsistancies. Chronological abnormaliites. Blatant x/y/z axis manipulation. Clear memetic deviations from established thoughtpatterns. You and You. We're leaving. Titus, put your damn armor on. A Combatform is Useless unspecced." Koi points a finger at Espada and Titus and gestures at the door. "Daemon. Do not attempt to bite off more then you can chew. This is your one and only warning."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2016, 04:08:36 am »

"Gladly." He gets up and starts putting on his armor. "You know I've tried putting on my armor about three times now and each time I've been interrupted. So the next person that tries to stop me from putting it on, I'm warning you now, I'll stab you. Maybe in leg or arm or something. So yeah fair warning." He turns to Koi as he continues donning his Armor. "Hey, so have you figured out what's going on? Was it that dragon guy that's behind all this? I bet it was him."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2016, 04:17:22 am »

"Dragon utterly irrelevent. A thrall and no more. We are inside the equivalent of a mad god's head. A Memetic Daemon's innards. By definition, that makes this reality a Falsehood. It is Fueled by Belief and Sundered by Doubt. A self perpetuating sapient virus of the mind that has gathered sufficient strength to create its own little hellhole of a subreality. I have a theory as to which humanoid is the Daemon's local manifestation however it is a.. Poor idea to call out a God within its own realm. Even if that God is a False One. Barring the Daemon making a poor choice and attempting to intervine, you will not find out whom my suspicion of the manifestation is until we have left the Realm."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2016, 04:29:02 am »

"You're talking about the boy right? Or at least that's who I think it could be. He seemed very suspicious when we first met him, and with that song that he keeps playing." He pauses for a bit when he remembers that the boy is in the room. "Oh right, I forgot you were here. Eh- Sorry, kind of."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 13, 2016, 04:31:36 am »

Koi just facepalms. "It wouldn't matter if its physical manifestation was present or not. This is Its realm. It can and will hear everything."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2016, 04:38:02 am »

"Well, I said sorry to the boy in case I was wrong. I don't like going around and accusing innocent people of actually being mind demons or evil gods."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2016, 04:43:27 am »

"A Memetic Daemon is not a god. It is a self perpetuating concept that has grown to the point of being capable of direct influence."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 13, 2016, 05:49:29 am »

Rajita thanks Resalth for the compliment, and then gives the Traveller a pointed look.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:21:04 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48