Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3) - Finished!  (Read 45762 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3)
« Reply #690 on: December 19, 2016, 02:13:20 pm »

"Whatever all of that was... it's given me quite the headache. Agh. Anyways... I am present."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 19, 2016, 04:41:40 pm »

"Yeah, no telling what can happen when your reality dissolves into a soup of aimless causality. All things considered, we all got off pretty light."

Titus looks back at Resalth. "If you do decide to come along, I promise that I won't stab you."

Resalth cracks the fearsome expression that passes for smiling among dragons. "Thank you. I'll appreciate it."

The snow now began to form a visible sprinkling on the ground. "We'd really best be moving on soon. On a hunch, I'd say this weather is friction between guitar boy and the box. They have no choice but to eject each other from their realities. But before we go, I just want to ask something. Kid, your name is Adonai? As in God? Seriously?"

"I am what I am. But so's everyone, I s'pose. But names n' words, them's funny things. Y'might say Adonai is a word for "God" if y'ask an Israelite. Y'might also say it's a word for "warden," if'n y'ask a Yirguan. Or maybe somethin' less polite, if'n y'ask a Shirp. Whatch'y'all make o' that?"

The Traveler seemed to think for a moment, before saying "Hasa diga Eebowai."

At this, the boy only smiled wider.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 19, 2016, 08:23:25 pm »

"Espada is coming with. If they designate anyone of note who happens to be in the nearby area, those would also come with should they desire such. However we should vacate sooner rather than later."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 19, 2016, 10:00:23 pm »

"So, Espada person, that's your answer?"

"Yeah, I'll come with. There's things I miss, and you seem like an interesting lot." Espada looks around the immediate area. There are very few villagers, mostly still getting their bearings after the strange experience, but Espada spots a tall, scruffy looking man wearing a flat cap in addition to the village attire. "Hey! Jaden!" The man turns around, looking surprised. "Do you want to get out of here?"

"Like, hell yeah man! But how?"

Espada points to the box. "With that capsule."

"No joke?" Espada shakes their head. "Yeah man, guess I'll try it."

As the Travler opens the doors and begins to wave people in, the boy speaks again. "Farewell, fellas! I'll keep a tune in my heart for y'all, an' maybe we'll meet again someday."

"Yeah... It's not really possible for me to come back here."

He shrugs. "Perhaps not. But maybe some of yer friends here, when their times come. And who knows? Maybe there'll be rest for you after all."

"Hmm."

As the last person goes into the box, and the Traveler follows to close the door, the boy laughs. "Y'all have a nice day."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 20, 2016, 02:38:07 pm »

As soon as everyone was on board, including Resalth, Espada, and the man named Jaden, the Traveler engages the strange sliding-panel controls and the door closes. "Alright, newbies. When we take off, stay far away from the windows."

Jaden was mouthing rather obscene words of befuddlement. Resalth merely nodded and said "How elegant. I particularly admire the use of metals." Espada did not react, having already shared Koi's memory of the interior.

"Alright sis. Let's get out of here... Taking off now! Might be a bit bumpier than usual, so watch out." He shifts a few panels. The room lurches, and for a moment everything seems to stretch and strain, your body feeling as if your head and feet were being hauled in opposite directions. But it lasts only for a moment, and comfort returns with an audible popping noise.

"Now this is unexpected."

"Quite unexpected, Mr. Brown."

The Traveler freezes. "Oh hell no. I should have known..." Standing amidst the colorful crowd of passengers, there seemed to suddenly be two rather serious-looking men. It was somewhat difficult to make out their features, and they were identically dressed in black pinstriped suits and porkpie hats. Except for their ties, that is, one of which was brown and the other green.

"Nothing has ever come back from there before."

"Nothing at all, Mr. Green. Perhaps we should take statements, in the name of inquiry."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 20, 2016, 02:40:14 pm »

"Huh.  I've never seen a working pocket.

...Who are you and what are you doing on this ship?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 20, 2016, 02:58:43 pm »

"You may call us Mr. Green."

"And Mr. Brown."

"At your service, ma'am. You are not on our logs. Do you originate from within the Event Horizon?"

"Hardly, Mr. Green, hardly. She's clearly another who simply fell in."

"So it would seem. Ma'am, how would you describe the interior of the reality you just left?"

The Traveler's face hardens. "So, that was the fabled Event Horizon, was it? You bastards threw us into it, didn't you!"

They seem to ignore him, and the one dubbed Mr. Green takes out a pen, as if awaiting Avi's response.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 20, 2016, 03:03:41 pm »

"If you want to find out about it, why not go there yourselves?"

She seems disinclined to give random information to random strangers who just appeared inside of a pocket.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 03:10:16 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 20, 2016, 03:07:52 pm »

"Amish Hell."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 20, 2016, 03:32:23 pm »

"She's funny."

"Real funny. A regular joker, this one."

"Amish Hell."

"Now that's a short answer."

"Short indeed. But extrapolating from the subject's probable perspective, given his social factors, quite informative."

"Quite right, Mr. Brown, but that leaves some ambiguity yet. Sir, do you mean a Hell for Amish or a Hell because of Amishness?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 20, 2016, 03:41:34 pm »

"You aren't."
Sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 20, 2016, 04:12:50 pm »

"A hell because of Amishness."

"Specifically the zone is controlled by a C-467 type Memetic Entity. Entity capabilities include casual bypassing of passive Memetic Filters of types 403-D through 458-A and limited bypasses of Active Filters rated at 731-A and 734-B. Entity did not demonstrate self propegation capacity. Entity demonstrated subversive effects of Class D-27 through D-81. Entity demonstrated limited local temporal control. Regressions occur in response to notable existential structural damage and mental duress or physical harm directed at subverted personal. Undefined timeframe being the longest recorded temporal regression. Estimated capacity to be 5 through ten minutes worth of rewind. Temporal regression is coupled with Class D-71 subversive memetic effect. Average timeframe to snap to is approximately one week, however pointing out inconsistencies to subverted personal usually rapidly wakes them. Spacial distortions of type G-1309 exist throughout. The very fabric of spacetime within zone is sickiningly and smotheringly content. Estimated 200-300 subverted personal within zone. Rescue effort not advised. Attempts should only be made with a Class-0471 Psion rated for largescale dimensional subversion. Entity believes itself to be a deity and within its zone, has power equatable to one."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 20, 2016, 04:21:30 pm »

((Personnel.))
Sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 20, 2016, 05:19:38 pm »

((Blame phone autocorrect.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 20, 2016, 06:02:45 pm »

"This one's got a mouth. Lot's of data, I'd bet"

"Yes, lot's of data. Very thorough, very meticulous."

"Indeed, indeed. In which case, I'm sure it would be more expedient if we simply acquired it."

"Quite so, quite so. Hold still a moment, sir, just a moment."

The Brown-tied one removes a pen from his jacket pocket. The next thing Koi knew, he was recalling the following two seconds from Espada's sensory relay, hailed with diagnostic requests and sharp feelings of concern and alarm. It seems that the Brown-tied one put the back end of the pen to Koi's forehead and pushed it deep into his skull, then withdrew it, leaving no wound. During this, all his bodily and cognitive processes had apparently halted completely.

"Thank you very much, sir, and we do apologize for the inconvenience."

"Yes, this is very helpful, very helpful indeed. You will be compensated."
Koi noticed that a rather heavy rectangle of silvery metal about the size of a phone had been placed in his hand.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48