Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3) - Finished!  (Read 45763 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3)
« Reply #675 on: December 03, 2016, 10:54:43 pm »

Avi nods sagely.  Despite not necessarily being possessed of the ability to do that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 04, 2016, 02:10:14 pm »

You can hear Rajita's voice, and feel that there are some more familiar voices in here with you.

The sound of bees

It seems that the lost children can't quite hear you, though. You can see three of them, two boys and a girl. They seem quite lost indeed, though you can't quite tell if they're in a forest, or a vast and empty museum hall.

"And I know you're just trying to look out for me, but look where I've gotten you..."

"Hello? I-I don't want to be alone..."

Strange. They don't seem able to hear each other, either, despite being so entangled. Why don't they notice? It seems so obvious to you...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 04, 2016, 03:14:15 pm »

No "frowns".
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 05, 2016, 02:13:05 pm »

How they're tied together is plain as day to you. You think you could do something about it, to. But who shall come untied or stay entangled?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 07, 2016, 05:42:38 pm »

No examines the ties a little bit more closely.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 07, 2016, 07:03:28 pm »

Rajita inspects the children. Is there something we're missing?
Ain't nobody got time for that.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 16, 2016, 08:40:42 pm »

No examines the ties a little bit more closely.
Rajita inspects the children. Is there something we're missing?
They've become tangled up in essence, no longer sure of where, when, or who they are. They seem a lot more solid than you or your comrades, in this soup of uncertainty, but their core pieces, the shards of their beings, seem to be exchanged and mixed up. The can't quite seem to find and connect to their own missing parts with each others' in the way...

The pleading sound of bees

"I shouldn't have asked you to come with me..."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 19, 2016, 02:29:33 am »

With your unseen assistances, prodding and suggesting, they at last seem to find themselves. You can feel the world becoming more solid, your form returning...

The girl and the olive-skinned boy find each other and embrace. She opens her mouth, and the sound of bees comes out.

"No, sis, you're right. I... I wouldn't have made it without you, but it was your choice to help me. I can't thank you enough."

The forest and the museum hall separate, the fair-hued boy now standing alone. In the empty gallery, the girl pats her brother on the back and says something. The boy lets go. "Yes. We're in this together. And there's hope for us yet, as long as we keep going." He looks down the hallway, where stands the shadow of a memory. Another child, though their back is turned no matter what angle you try to see them from. "Maybe we can find some for him, too."

You find yourself amid a square plot of farmland, near rustic wooden buildings. The surrounding forest is still and silent, save for the whispers of a breeze. And besides you and the others, the Traveler, a chrome box, and a child with a guitar. Above, the skies are bright yet grey, and a light snow begins to fall. "Are we all present and correct?"

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 19, 2016, 02:35:07 am »

Rajita slowly lifts herself off of the ground, and raises her hand. "Well, I am in attendance."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 19, 2016, 02:44:14 am »

"Likely. Running diagnostics."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 19, 2016, 02:53:29 am »

Resalth feels over his limbs and face, as if to make sure all was where it should be. "It would seem I have survived."

Espada stands still, rolling their shoulders. Mutual diagnostics request ping. After double-checking their own and each others' integrity, Koi and Espada find all available signs to be nominal.

The boy leans back against a nearby fence post, chewing on a sprig of wheat. "Well, I'll be! I do reckon we'll be partin' ways here soon enough! And round these parts, that's mighty rare. As a matter o' fact, it's never happened."

The Traveler grimaces. "Yeah.. lotta that going around lately."

He cracks an ear-splitting grin, and pulls up His guitar. "Who'da thunk it, eh? But there's a first time for everything, I 'spose. Well now," he chuckles, beginning to play something. "Given the occasion, just this once, it's time for a different song. For the road."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 03:02:09 am by HugoLuman »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 19, 2016, 03:57:57 am »

"Everything appears to be intact."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 19, 2016, 01:13:52 pm »

"Aye aye." Espada then looks to the boy. "I don't suppose these people could take anyone with them?"

"Well now, there ain't no rule against it, exceptin' the laws of probability. But if'n you want to bring someone else, you'd best do it quick-like. She an' I are too much alike to be in company for long. An' of course, they'd have to want t' go. Is that what you truly want?"

Hesitation. Many friends made here. Countless more new and strange people to meet. But perhaps unique opportunity here to be able to report findings back. "What do you think, Resalth?"

The dragon-man looks thoughtful. "Here, I have lived a peaceful life, which I could not before. I was weary of war, and it would be a falsehood to say I have not felt rested here. There is honor in a simple life. It would be a happier cosmos, if more could realize this where I came from." At this, he looks at Titus. "But perhaps I should take this opportunity to prove myself anew. To test my resolve to live according to my better nature without the influence of a place such as this."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 19, 2016, 01:17:35 pm »

"If you feel it is good to leave, come."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 19, 2016, 01:52:09 pm »

Titus looks back at Resalth. "If you do decide to come along, I promise that I won't stab you."
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48