Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3) - Finished!  (Read 45824 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3)
« Reply #450 on: September 26, 2016, 01:35:40 pm »

"So, who wants to go into the forest? I guess I'm up for it." Rajita shrugs, an uncertain look on her face.
"Might as well. I see neither our friends nor our ride here. Vamoose!" He picks a direction at random, heading East.

"Good luck!" The boy waves, and then turns to Rajita before she starts walking. "Just try an' think about where you wanna go, an' you'll probably find your way there through th' woods."

"It's not about the land, it's about the people and these trees. It seems like they are important to the entity." He slowly turns to face the village. "Last time I heard about someone supercharging their reactor with an entire crystal all buildings within twenty miles were completely destroyed, at thirty miles most were destroyed, at sixty miles all unprotected beings that survived the blast suffered serious third-degree burns. So it's a little more than just a patch of farmland and seeing as the clock is ticking, I'm going to head for the center." Titus starts to move towards the village center, running at nearly 40 miles per hour. 

Having not gone all that far into the woods, Titus reaches the center of the farm they'd just left rather quickly. He sees the boy still sitting on the porch, and a scrawny bearded man looking rather sourly at the hole in the lodge wall.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 01:38:00 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 26, 2016, 01:50:30 pm »

Titus walks up to the boy. "Alright, how can we escape this place? I saw what happened out in that forest and what those trees are. You're not an ordinary boy. I'm sure you can tell what is going to happen if you answer poorly."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 26, 2016, 01:54:20 pm »

Avi looks at Koi.

"Umm...Do you have any way to catch up to him?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 26, 2016, 01:57:45 pm »

"Walking. You do realize you are proposing following a literal thermonuclear bomb."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 02:01:28 pm by Kevak »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 26, 2016, 02:13:13 pm »

Titus walks up to the boy. "Alright, how can we escape this place? I saw what happened out in that forest and what those trees are. You're not an ordinary boy. I'm sure you can tell what is going to happen if you answer poorly."

"Golly gee, that there's some fast runnin'! I reckon you'd escape 'most anything, runnin' like that!"

"Walking. You do realize you are proposing following a literal thermonuclear bomb."
"It is worse than that. His circumplanar detonation will convert everything within twelve lengths into raw mana. The undifferentiated mana will then try to resolve itself coherently. Some will become matter again, some will become energy, and some will cause random spell-like effects in the surroundings. But by nature, the proportion cannot be predicted. At best, it would be like a portable nuclear weapon salted with chaos runes. At worst, like the annihilation of a twelve-length radius sphere of antimatter, or the sudden formation of a gravitational singularity."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 26, 2016, 02:17:32 pm »

"You want to try again? One more chance."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 26, 2016, 02:20:35 pm »

"...Well none of those options are good at all."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 26, 2016, 02:29:59 pm »

"So business as usual when dealing with unstable psion strain R&D. A shame we're on a techless rock. An amp would be useful."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 26, 2016, 02:34:12 pm »

"An amp?"
Sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 26, 2016, 02:46:40 pm »

As they emerge from the trees, coming within sight of the village center and Titus, Resalth turns to Espada. "I apologize for my earlier comments. I know you better than that."

Espada shakes their head. "Don't worry about it." They note that this recent string of negative sentiments among those present does not seem to have been interrupted so far.

"You want to try again? One more chance."
"Well mister, I ain't much for guessing games. All y'said was 'this place,' an' if you'll forgive me fer sayin' so, that's mighty vague."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 26, 2016, 02:51:24 pm »

"An object, structure, or vessel built from psychoactive alloys, materials, and substances, occasionally using spacial folding to fit more into a smaller area. Psionic Ampifiers are built to channel largescale effects from their designated Psion. The larger the better. A given amp is usually built specifically for a given strain."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 26, 2016, 02:58:21 pm »

Titus tries to think of a way to phrase the question but can't clearly think of one. He thinks back to another question he had earlier. "Your name, where did you get it from?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 26, 2016, 02:59:24 pm »

"Huh.  Wonder if you can do that with magic."
Sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 26, 2016, 03:10:26 pm »

"An object, structure, or vessel built from psychoactive alloys, materials, and substances, occasionally using spacial folding to fit more into a smaller area. Psionic Ampifiers are built to channel largescale effects from their designated Psion. The larger the better. A given amp is usually built specifically for a given strain."
"I do not believe you would want such a thing anywhere near raw mana. Unless you would use it to smite a fool before he generates it."

Titus tries to think of a way to phrase the question but can't clearly think of one. He thinks back to another question he had earlier. "Your name, where did you get it from?"
"Same place as anyone else, I reckon. As a gift."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:14:55 pm by HugoLuman »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 26, 2016, 03:20:19 pm »

"Psionics are not magic. They are science. And to be blunt. I'd use it to fuck off from this reality. Nothing quite says fuck you to a subreality like ripping a gaping hole in it."
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48