Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3) - Finished!  (Read 45830 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3)
« Reply #420 on: September 23, 2016, 12:55:39 pm »

"That's not the only tree in the forest.

It got something from in there, before.  We should see what it was."

Inwards!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 23, 2016, 12:58:47 pm »

"And it won't be the last tree either."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 23, 2016, 01:00:00 pm »

"I rather think it will be."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 23, 2016, 01:47:58 pm »

"That. Is the entity that controls this place." Koi continues observing.
After watching the tree grow to its full height, the boy slips back off through the woods, between the trees, strumming the familiar tune.

"That's not the only tree in the forest.

It got something from in there, before.  We should see what it was."

Inwards!

Going up the road, you look through the trees to see where the boy went, but the woods are so thick it's impossible to tell. All you can hear is the sound of the guitar, moving away.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 23, 2016, 02:07:57 pm »

What about with biomantic senses?
Sigtext

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 23, 2016, 08:22:10 pm »

Titus just continues to stare for a while after having witnessed all that. "We're leaving." Titus starts to type on his wrist computer. "Hey, so you guys work better under pressure right?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 23, 2016, 08:28:58 pm »

"I am capable of functioning in high pressure environments unsuited. However it is uncomfortable."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 25, 2016, 07:49:04 am »

"Uhh...I'm looking for my friends, I guess. Could you help me with that?
Ain't nobody got time for that.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 25, 2016, 09:28:32 am »

Titus just continues to stare for a while after having witnessed all that. "We're leaving." Titus starts to type on his wrist computer. "Hey, so you guys work better under pressure right?"
"What?"
Sigtext

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 25, 2016, 11:49:19 pm »

"I am capable of functioning in high pressure environments unsuited. However it is uncomfortable."

"No I meant that-" He lets out an annoyed and exasperated sigh and goes back to typing. "Nevermind. You're actually making this easier on me." His typing slows down and eventually ends. As soon as he finishes typing a series of small vents open on his armor and steam momentarily flushes out from them. The gold lights on his armor start to flicker.     

"What?"

"Alright, so basically... Do you know what a thermonuclear bomb is? It's kinda like that but with a magical compo-" He's cut off by a loud hissing sound as his breastplate opens up and reveals some sort of magical reactor in the center. "One sec." He extends his right arm forward with his palm facing towards the sky and suddenly a golden crystal begins to materialize slightly above his hand, the gold light on his armor fades. The formed crystal is about the size and shape of a dagger and Titus reaches for it with his left hand, holding it by it's "hilt". He then quickly jams it into the reactor.

"Alright, here's the plan. I've set my suit's controls to voice commands only. As soon as I turn the reactor back on with a phrase, the reactor access controls will lock and we'll have about 2 hours before the bomb goes off, that is a shift doesn't occur. Only the boy can unlock it by verbally answering a question: "How can we escape this place?". I then have to verbally accept it or deny it. If accepted the controls unlock and if denied the bomb goes off. So, any questions, concerns?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 26, 2016, 12:00:06 am »

What about with biomantic senses?
Strangely, this is also indistinct, the child's presence fading off into the distance.

"Uhh...I'm looking for my friends, I guess. Could you help me with that?
"Well, I'd be happy to try! If you can't see them 'round here, have you checked the woods?"

There was a tremor in the ground, and the boy and everyone else nearby looked surprised and worried. "Golly, ain't that strange? Y'all alright?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 26, 2016, 12:05:05 am »

"And now I begin wishing we had a 51b present. Would make that actually survivable. For me and Espada at least. Don't think the shields would be large enough for the rest of you."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 26, 2016, 12:54:33 am »

"Well, we don't seem to have had our time scrambled yet, but then again, you haven't armed it yet. But, after seeing..." Espada looks over at the new tree, "...that, I'm not sure how much pressure it applies. To our host, at any rate. I honestly feel rather pressured here." Deep misgivings. Cautious optimism. Exhilaration. Curiosity. Being impressed with Titus' tenactiy. Apprehension about possibility of either thermonuclear annihilation or releasing the wrath of multidimensional beings.

Resalth was trembling. "Fools. You are fools! Is this the so-called ingenuity of the human race? You are truly so selfish and deranged as to keep a circumplanar detonation as a weapon of last resort?" He gestures at Titus, Koi, and Espada together. "And you are truly so arrogant as to think you could survive its use?? Are you truly so overconfident in your supposed ingenuity that you think you could actually play havoc with the primal forces of magic and escape the consequences?? Oh yes, I know about your supposed higher breed! I have a nose. Did you really think that you can escape what you are by updating your physical form? That fitting yourself with crude mechanisms and mongrelizing yourself with the blood of xenoforms and lower animals would make any difference? Ha! The rank stench of your arrogance, of that ignorance you use to justify your expansion, betrays your true nature. And you wonder why you are unfit for the throne of Terra..."

"...Welp"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 26, 2016, 01:02:36 am »

"You don't seem to grasp the tech level of Espada and Mine. Xeno. A proper Kill Weapon acts on the scale of stars. Not mere regions of planets like this one. A 51b in its deployed form is more than capable of withstanding any mere Planetary grade weapon short of a direct hit from an ROG Kinetic Kill Weapon rated Continental or greater. As for Terra? Terra is a Wasteland. Anything of value long since Ripped from the Soils. Why would we ever even want it? Caring about an ancient blasted rock is Inefficient."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 26, 2016, 01:43:31 am »

Titus smirks under his helmet, happy to have bothered Resalth to such a degree. He opens his mouth to respond but gets cut off by Koi.

"You don't seem to grasp the tech level of Espada and Mine. Xeno. A proper Kill Weapon acts on the scale of stars. Not mere regions of planets like this one. A 51b in its deployed form is more than capable of withstanding any mere Planetary grade weapon short of a direct hit from an ROG Kinetic Kill Weapon rated Continental or greater. As for Terra? Terra is a Wasteland. Anything of value long since Ripped from the Soils. Why would we ever even want it? Caring about an ancient blasted rock is Inefficient."

The smirk from Titus' face vanishes and his fists immediately clench. "Fuck you Koi! Terra was our cradle! Our home! Her harshness galvanized us and her beauty inspired us! How can you say that so heartlessly. You're a fucking machine! Nothing more than a tool, looking at the universe and seeing nothing but ones and zeros! I'll admit I envied your abilities, but now I feel nothing but contempt and pity. I'd rather see my race burn spectacularly, if only briefly, than to merely stagnate into emotionless beings! So that when the other races ask "Who were the Terrans? Those beings that briefly united and held the entire galaxy?", That the answer be as intense and bright as the light of Sol herself!"
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48