It is more Grindtastic then a MMO! Yes
- 8 (8.9%)
They LIED TO ME! Yes
- 8 (8.9%)
I am a banana, no!
- 56 (62.2%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Who here would refund their No Man's Sky?  (Read 11843 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Who here would refund their No Man's Sky?
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2016, 01:07:20 am »

Isn't it just because Steam automatically removes the reviews of people who refunded the game?

My negative review of Starbound didn't disappear when I refunded the game; took it out manually out of respect because they did push through with delivering a game, which is now vastly different from the initial build (which is ofc missing a lot of things, but seeing I wasn't able to play new Starbound because of errors, refunding was my only recourse).
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2016, 01:08:07 am »

It does happen. My scathing critique of Arkham Knight was removed when I got refunded.

I don't care about No Man's Sky because I don't do hype, but for fact's sake.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2016, 01:25:27 am »

TFW the steam reviews went from Mostly Negative to Mixed just from two days of the people who actually played the game and liked it finally noticing that the rest of the world still exists. :V

To be fair anything but mostly positive reviews on a game is a huge black mark since Steam TENDS to side with positivity (it is like Rotten Tomatoes in that respect. Even bad movies will at least get a passing mark unless they are REALLY bad)

Mixed tends to mean that the people who know it was bad tended to KNOW not to buy it.

Which come to think of it... Is usually why games tend to side with the er of positive.

Well the other is that for a game to get a thumbs up it just has to not be atrociously terrible...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 01:36:18 am by Neonivek »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2016, 01:26:55 am »

It does happen. My scathing critique of Arkham Knight was removed when I got refunded.

Interesting. It's gotta just be some flag in a database somewhere. I wonder if devs have to request it, or if it's some multi-tier system where only the big dogs can ask for it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2016, 06:45:55 am »

I was reading quotes on brainyquotes and stumbled upon this one:

Quote from: Mark Twain
Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2016, 08:32:10 am »

Interesting. It's gotta just be some flag in a database somewhere. I wonder if devs have to request it, or if it's some multi-tier system where only the big dogs can ask for it.

Hmm. The guy who brought it up on r/pcgaming also had an Arkham Knight review removed. Might have been something to do with that game specifically, then.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2016, 09:29:02 am »

Hmm. The guy who brought it up on r/pcgaming also had an Arkham Knight review removed. Might have been something to do with that game specifically, then.
Also weren't Arkham Knight refunds offered by the publisher, not Steam? Don't know if it impacted those two cases, but I'm pretty sure it happened before Steam refund's policy went into effect.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2016, 09:49:53 am »

The real question is why so mhttp://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=4.0any people bought this in the first place, before there were even any reviews of the game......

Why do you guys buy games on launch/preorder that you know nothing about?

Because I knew enough to get excited about it.  I'm happy to encourage exploration-focused procedural generation games that use 3D graphics. Even if it's not the world's best space RPG, RTS and ship simulator all in one.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2016, 10:47:29 am »

Also weren't Arkham Knight refunds offered by the publisher, not Steam? Don't know if it impacted those two cases, but I'm pretty sure it happened before Steam refund's policy went into effect.
Steam refund had already begun. It was like a month in, in fact. What happened was that WB agreed not to contest any refunds when they took AK off of Steam, but I got my refund even before that.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2016, 01:30:09 pm »

My new game Sky Citizen will contain a complete simulation of the entire universe. You will be able to do literally anything in it. Please support my kickstarter

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2016, 01:35:21 pm »

fucking goon neckbeard virgins trying to sabotage the biggest feels trip against triple-A publisher fascism

pls no bully ;_:
No Gods, No Masters.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2016, 02:56:45 pm »

Mark Twain House In Hartford is almost literally juxtaposed to one of the worst performing public high schools in the state.

:v  it is close to exactly close to  v:

fear me  for I am American Grammar
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2016, 03:00:23 pm »

My new game Sky Citizen will contain a complete simulation of the entire universe. You will be able to do literally anything in it. Please support my kickstarter

Don't see why you'd pay for that that, since something like that already exists for free.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2016, 03:12:03 pm »

I find it hilarious that my poll is accurate enough to be used for statistics.

The standards are just that low.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2016, 03:13:09 pm »

Make it happen.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10