It is more Grindtastic then a MMO! Yes
- 8 (8.9%)
They LIED TO ME! Yes
- 8 (8.9%)
I am a banana, no!
- 56 (62.2%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Who here would refund their No Man's Sky?  (Read 11826 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Who here would refund their No Man's Sky?
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2016, 02:31:38 am »

While I enjoyed my 2 hour "demo and it performed great for me. And I'll probably buy the game, just cause its pretty much my kind of game (heavy exploration/not so combat focused). Only thing is no building (yet), which is a negative.

I do think a 60 dollar price tag is pretty hefty. I don't often buy a 60 dollar game to begin with, unless I have a lot of extra cash to spend. For this, I got a few hefty steam gift cards for my birthday, so it be kinda like a gifted game in a way. Still, 60 dollars is a lot. Games I have in the past that I bought at that 60$ price tag have been Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout 4 (which actually sucked like hell) and...Warhammer Total War. That is pretty much it.

Which that kinda long winded paragraph leads to, I think a lot of negativity wouldn't exist (as much anyway) if the game was 20-30 dollars like other indie games. Even 40 might be okay. But, 60 dollars is kinda pricey. Though I'll still likely get it (like I said), since the game is pretty much tailored for someone who just likes to explore, little combat and see cool animals and stuff. SPORE is kinda like that, but it doesn't work on my PC for some reason (it has a lot of issues with newer computers for a lot of people).

I also really enjoy scanning everything with the F key (the scan thing), and you can rename everything from rocks/plants/animals and all kinds of stuff. Then upload it for cash. I think that is pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 02:33:14 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2016, 05:52:13 am »

The real question is why so many people bought this in the first place, before there were even any reviews of the game......

Why do you guys buy games on launch/preorder that you know nothing about?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 05:54:09 am by Antioch »
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2016, 07:11:24 am »

It would be hard to refund I didin't even pay for. :S
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2016, 08:07:52 am »

Why aren't bananas allowed to get refunds?  :-[

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2016, 08:27:53 am »

Seems the bananas are currently winning despite the poll being aimed at people who hate or don't even own the game. I pre-ordered my game about 5-10 minutes before launch, but I wouldn't have if I had known the game would keep asking me to claim my items. I'd have waited till launch. I bought the game after doing some research and watching streams. I got exactly what I expected. Is it worth 60$? That's heavily dependent on the value you place on money and your entertainment time. I think 60$ is a little too high for the moment, but there aren't many other games I can just relax to after hours of intense challenging gaming.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:44:13 am by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2016, 08:35:52 am »

"No Tux, no bux."

Even though it allegedly runs pretty well in WINE, I'm not buying games that don't support my OS anymore (because why would I).
Nevermind that I don't have the money for $60 titles to begin with. Or the specs, apparently.

Besides, at that price point you'd be expecting something a bit more up to par with other AAA titles that come out nowadays and from what I've been told, it's not quite that for a rather large amount of people (but if you're having fun then great, more power to you).

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2016, 08:56:36 am »

"No Tux, no bux."

Even though it allegedly runs pretty well in WINE, I'm not buying games that don't support my OS anymore (because why would I).
Nevermind that I don't have the money for $60 titles to begin with. Or the specs, apparently.

Besides, at that price point you'd be expecting something a bit more up to par with other AAA titles that come out nowadays and from what I've been told, it's not quite that for a rather large amount of people (but if you're having fun then great, more power to you).

Ha, like the AAA games that come out nowadays have such great content.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2016, 10:02:37 am »

I'm surprised that the insanely overambitious space exploration game failed to deliver on its promises.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2016, 12:48:53 pm »

The real question is why so many people bought this in the first place, before there were even any reviews of the game......

For me I watched it for a few hours, then stopped so I wouldn't get spoilers.

Little did I know... those 3-4 hours I watched someone play... Yeah that was the ENTIRE game.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2016, 01:06:44 pm »

It has a big number in its tagline

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2016, 05:36:57 pm »

Just here to post dank memes or something

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2016, 08:01:43 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2016, 08:23:56 pm »

TFW the steam reviews went from Mostly Negative to Mixed just from two days of the people who actually played the game and liked it finally noticing that the rest of the world still exists. :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2016, 12:18:43 am »

Isn't it just because Steam automatically removes the reviews of people who refunded the game?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2016, 12:36:09 am »

To my knowledge that doesn't happen. The number of negative reviews has gone up, but there are now a substantial number of positive reviews as well. Including reviews by people stating that they were refunding which are still up. The only place I saw it claimed otherwise was on r/pcgaming based on a single account from another game altogether, and the guy later admitted that he just assumed it was true because of that experience.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10