Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Even more ranting on my mental health suspicions (ADHD and/or ASD; minor update)  (Read 2977 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

More minor updates:

Did not get much done with the other psychologist. (and almost felt really invalidated...)

She told me I can still go to a neurologist next year anyway to get tested, but it might be difficult to properly diagnose me because it might be tough to determine what is the cause and what is the result of my problems (could be neurodivergencies —> depression/anxiety/personality disorders, or depression/anxiety/personality disorders —> symptoms similar to neurodivergencies, or some weird mix of both).

Sooo I don't expect to get much done this year anymore. Ergh. Hopefully it's gonna be better next year but I'm really upset how long it's taking me to get anything done (But I've said that enough times to make anyone fed up at this point, myself included)...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

More minor updates:

Did not get much done with the other psychologist. (and almost felt really invalidated...)
Talk to them about it and feel free to ask all the questions you've got (even mentioning your feelings to them while asking for more expounding on details) helps :D

And it does take time--but once it's done, it's done, alongside follow-up consultation and exchange of information. :)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm rooting for ya here. Later in life it becomes harder to diagnose people with ADHD/ASD because they've adapted to it. So whatever that adaption you made psychologically would be in my personal opinion a good thing to discuss with your doctor. That may help get to the root of the problem, but this is just my advice because even being diagnosed with it at 8 years old I still made adaptations regardless, albeit not healthy ones.

This is why I discuss my adaptations to my doctors, as it gives them a bigger picture. Just some friendly advice I'm rooting for ya!

Edit:also, feel free to pm me for more advice if you want. I've been struggling with it my whole life, so at least I can know where your coming from to an extent.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 02:57:51 pm by x2yzh9 »
Pages: 1 [2]