Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139370 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! Party start.
« Reply #840 on: October 09, 2016, 03:45:40 pm »

I assume that I could just buy starwars an NVG for next round. Really, if you wanted that you should have asked. >.>

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 09, 2016, 06:37:13 pm »

I didn't realize it was going to be night so I didn't request the NVG's. The tech brain is coming in handy.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 09, 2016, 06:44:50 pm »

I'm glad you like it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 10, 2016, 12:14:02 am »

Late evening thought:
Spoiler: GM question (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can you buy that thing from somewhere?
the individual parts, yes. Not that hard to build and put together, simple air tanks, metal piping, butterfly valve, air pressurizer, some KONE ultra rope, a grappling hook. you get the idea.
Like a mini pneumatic spud gun.

Requires creative assembly. That's no then.

I assume that I could just buy starwars an NVG for next round. Really, if you wanted that you should have asked. >.>
I didn't realize it was going to be night so I didn't request the NVG's. The tech brain is coming in handy.

It's not like I told what lighting conditions would be beforehand.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 10, 2016, 01:54:35 pm »

Spoiler: hmm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stuff n' things (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: action (click to show/hide)

Kill the woman, get the soldering iron, and make the night vision goggles. If there is enough material, make night vision goggles for as many zombies as possible.

You heartless murderer. But it's probably mercykilling anyway based on what you heard happening in the first lab. Single shot into head releases her from misery. The great part is that the backroom is veritable treasure trove for a gadgeteer. It looks like the business owners used to fix all kinds of electronics and home appliances here. Radios, old CRT tube televisions, digital videocameras and the like. You won't have any troubles making your night vision goggles here.

After some creative tinkering you have something that passes as nightvision system. It has basically whole bunch of IR LEDs welded into wide angle flashlight, pieces of optics taped on sides of your head, and a pair small displays salvaged from those digital video cameras hanging in front of your eyes. The whole system is powered by heavy array of 9V batteries hanging from your neck like some sort of primitive jewelry. Theoretically you could use the nuclear reactor on your back to power it, but building system to drop voltage and regulate current from it takes more time and equipment than you have.

Now this thing you built, it has lowish framerate, nothing you can't deal with, but minor annoyance anyway. And you will be blind if you take it off for few minutes before your eyes get used to dark again. It's nothing impressive, but not many ex military people can say they have built functional nightvision goggles from scrap in middle of hostile territory while being surrounded by batshit crazy people and zombies. That's only for hardcore dudes!

well, More to the already absurd bodycount, I guess.

Where did ATHATH disappear to?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 10, 2016, 02:01:39 pm »

ATHATH hasn't been online for... three days? I don't mind if NAV takes over the soldier until actual volunteer gets back.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 10, 2016, 02:22:12 pm »

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 10, 2016, 02:35:26 pm »

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 10, 2016, 02:50:14 pm »

Spoiler: Stuff n' things (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 02:54:15 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 10, 2016, 02:58:32 pm »

The fun begins.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:17:36 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 10, 2016, 03:06:39 pm »

Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 10, 2016, 03:06:48 pm »

Does anyone else want a chance to control a ninja sniper cyborg? There must be someone waiting who wants to.

It wouldn't really be fair if i controlled my own soldier and I'd rather see what someone else does with it. But I'll assume direct control if no one else wants to.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 10, 2016, 03:12:09 pm »

Does anyone else want a chance to control a ninja sniper cyborg? There must be someone waiting who wants to.

It wouldn't really be fair if i controlled my own soldier and I'd rather see what someone else does with it. But I'll assume direct control if no one else wants to.
I wouldn't mind doing it, except I already do and I work for a different person.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 10, 2016, 03:33:04 pm »

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 10, 2016, 04:19:36 pm »

((One sec, let me review his situation. Then again, I have been looking at the spoilers all along, so I have a bunch of meta info. Would that be problematic?))

((Will edit in action in a moment.))

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:30:20 pm by Whisperling »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 75