Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139477 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! "Nah, too easy. I'll make a god instead."
« Reply #585 on: September 28, 2016, 03:39:06 pm »

((I'm going to step on my own song's throat here, as the russian saying goes, and point out that I only have 12 units up today, with 12 more tomorrow, since that's what the production line can do. I suppose that makes no functional difference in the end, but still.

My status post really needs a "Facilities Running" section. I can't tell if the armor and ammo production are established and doing their thing.

Also a tech moved to completed in the tech list, but was not mentioned in the post text.))

It has been running more than one day. Two days with 6 unit capacity and one day with doubled capacity, which makes it 24.

Facilities running could be done, though it's messy even on my notes.

And ...hmm. Seems I imagined writing things instead of actually writing. Gotta correct that.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 28, 2016, 05:00:48 pm »

OPERATION: ALL-SEEING EYE

Step Nineteen, STILL CONTINUED: eh, let's save the all-nighter for the day after this. It's traditional, after all! Keep working at it! Get those tiny balls well in hand!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 28, 2016, 05:12:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Still though, all I have in terms of the combat body is fairly mundane exosuit. I'll just have to hope that everybody's vulnerable to my trump card...))
I'm so curious. I've wanted to peak into others' research so many times, in part to see what kind of crap I needed to counter, and in part to spur my own research into more. I wonder what kinds of things I haven't prepared my soldier for.

Edit: I've barely even looked at the posts done in the open. I have no idea what Harry's research is, for example.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 06:26:21 pm by Ozarck »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 28, 2016, 05:22:31 pm »

((...12 units? 12 more tomorrow? At least 36 by the deadline? I'm screwed, aren't I.))
((We're less screwed than you think. You did do the remotely controlled stuff with the units right? From there we can have the master controller half a planet away which would reduce the risk of death))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 28, 2016, 05:22:54 pm »

Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 28, 2016, 07:18:56 pm »

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 28, 2016, 11:38:48 pm »

Pick up psychological warfare in the time I have remaining. How to use whatever humanity the scientists have left my competition against them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 29, 2016, 12:21:48 am »

((...12 units? 12 more tomorrow? At least 36 by the deadline? I'm screwed, aren't I.))
((We're less screwed than you think. You did do the remotely controlled stuff with the units right? From there we can have the master controller half a planet away which would reduce the risk of death))
((You can hide on the moon if you like, but if all your zombies get rekt by a billion tiny artees, you've still lost.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 29, 2016, 12:26:27 am »

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 29, 2016, 12:40:21 am »

Mercury, Mars, Luna spend 100% of their production capacity on computronium

Earth nanites build All-Conditioners and Quantum Comms, and send 100 nanites to each of the closest stars, excepting Sol, until 50% of nanites are left. The All-Conditioners keep local conditions stable while the wormholes are opened to prevent stellar ejection into the Wormhole airlock when wormholes are opened on the stars.

Remaining Earth nanites are sent to Venus and Gas Giants. Evacuate any essential assets and Singularity technology that may still be remaining on Earth to Mars and destroy the Wormhole generator if it can't be evacuated. Science bodies remain behind, ready to repair my super-soldier.

All remaining Nanites do 50% self-replication, 50% computronium

Priority 1: Space-Time Manipulation: Learn how to manipulate space and time, so that for example, I experience more time than anyone else, say 2 seconds to everyone else's 1 second, or I can create pocket dimensions.
Priority 2: Psionics/Miracles: This looks interesting. Get some more applications, maybe the space-time manipulation along with improved wormholes and blocking hostile teleportation/wormholes? Also try not to piss off god I guess. If possible, set up an anti-teleportation net around earth.
Priority 3: Demigod: Fully combine Grey Goo, Computronium, All-Condition Technology, Forcefields and QE comms into uniform Smart Matter that is more than the sum of its parts. If possible, also incorporate wormhole generation.
Priority 4: Wormholes 2: Try to make them easier to well, generate, preferrably on the level that every nanite can make one.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 03:00:53 am by Demonic Spoon »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 29, 2016, 01:11:10 am »

((Meshanblov's just trying to break the game at this point. Wrong kind of RTD! :P

I guess instead of testing against eachother us scientists are going to have to team up to beat down Meshanblov.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 29, 2016, 01:57:46 am »

((Meshanblov's just trying to break the game at this point. Wrong kind of RTD! :P

I guess instead of testing against eachother us scientists are going to have to team up to beat down Meshanblov.))
((On Ozarck's behalf: lol))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 29, 2016, 01:58:11 am »

Mercury and Mars spend 100% of their capacity on computronium
Luna creates a invisible, free-energy powered, forcefield-shielded, particle beam attack-drone and has it destroy all the satellites (highest priority being GPS satellites). Then move on to spaceships, space stations, airplanes and ocean shipping and intercontinental data-lines. Remaining production goes to replication.
Earth nanites build All-Conditioners and Quantum Comms, and send 100 nanites to each of the closest stars, excepting Sol, until 50% of nanites are left. The All-Conditioners keep local conditions stable while the wormholes are opened to prevent stellar ejection into the Wormhole airlock when wormholes are opened on the stars.
Send some All-Conditioners onto Sol, and use their mastery of local conditions to initiate a massive solar flare that bathes Earth in stellar radiation, disabling a lot of advanced technology.
Remaining Earth nanites are sent to Venus and Gas Giants. Evacuate any essential assets and Singularity technology that may still be remaining on Earth to Mars and destroy the Wormhole generator if it can't be evacuated. Science bodies remain behind, ready to repair my super-soldier.
All remaining Nanites 100% on Computronium

Priority 1: Space-Time Manipulation: Learn how to manipulate space and time, so that for example, I experience more time than anyone else, say 2 seconds to everyone else's 1 second, or I can create pocket dimensions.
Priority 2: Psionics/Miracles: This looks interesting. Get some more applications, maybe the space-time manipulation along with improved wormholes and blocking hostile teleportation/wormholes? Also try not to piss off god I guess. If possible, set up an anti-teleportation net around earth.
Priority 3: Demigod: Fully combine Grey Goo, Computronium, All-Condition Technology, Forcefields and QE comms into uniform Smart Matter that is more than the sum of its parts. If possible, also incorporate wormhole generation.
Priority 4: Wormholes 2: Try to make them easier to well, generate, preferrably on the level that every nanite can make one.

Oh come on now, I'm not letting you break the game that badly.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 29, 2016, 02:05:23 am »

Mercury and Mars spend 100% of their capacity on computronium
Luna creates a invisible, free-energy powered, forcefield-shielded, particle beam attack-drone and has it destroy all the satellites (highest priority being GPS satellites). Then move on to spaceships, space stations, airplanes and ocean shipping and intercontinental data-lines. Remaining production goes to replication.
Send some All-Conditioners onto Sol, and use their mastery of local conditions to initiate a massive solar flare that bathes Earth in stellar radiation, disabling a lot of advanced technology.
All remaining Nanites 100% on Computronium

Oh come on now, I'm not letting you break the game that badly.
Could you be more specific please? Is it the Solar Flare?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 29, 2016, 02:21:50 am »

What I think is, that Santa Claus will notice.

I mean. He's definitely going to know something's up, the man has a better spy network than anyone in the world if he's able to track the actions of a few billion people throughout the year. He has at the very least antigrav and inertialess propulsion technology, shortrange teleportation/matter phasing, he's probably got an industrial/mining complex under the Arctic ocean for access to the Arctic shelf and all the crude oil there (for plastics; he's still making toys through all that), and he's definitely going to notice if Earth's satellites start going out when it starts impacting his own spynet. That's aside from the army of "helpers" he has. He isn't known to have any actual world-ending weaponry, unless the Russians' Father Frost is the same guy, but even just what he has should be pretty good.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 75