Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139587 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! "Nah, too easy. I'll make a god instead."
« Reply #540 on: September 25, 2016, 05:57:15 pm »

Physical stuff is too slow! Release the nanite. Just replicate from some underground material, get some computronium up to speed things up, mine the needed material for my projects, and help with production. Presumably the nanites will be faster at enacting my physical plans.

Also, start converting the oceans and atmosphere into nanites. No one will notice probably, and that way I don't need to worry about sinkholes.

Priority 1: Grand Unified Theory of Everything: Develop a working understanding of all the things.
Priority 2: Wormholes
Priority 3: Fusion Power: The longer this takes the less appealing it looks, but abandoning it midway is also irritating.
Priority 4: Nuclear Transmutation: Material Shortages are for losers! Synthesize all the things! Vow vengeance against the company for limiting my genius by witholding the tech gifts I was planning to give them.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:16:39 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 25, 2016, 11:37:20 pm »

((I think I'll need to clarify next time. I don't want precise math, I just literally have no idea how powerful the thing is, so I need to know what I can shoot with it. I.e. is it good against vehicles, and up to what range if it is. I've no idea how to phrase such a question without making it sound like, well, a Tinker question. :P
It's an unknown quantity, and someone needs to quantify it - and it probably shouldn't be me. :) ))

Also, Meshablov - Santa Claus will notice.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 02:58:38 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 26, 2016, 02:49:51 am »

Spoiler: Addendum: GM note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:32:53 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 26, 2016, 10:14:24 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 26, 2016, 10:21:09 am »

Keep getting used to the body. Test out any new senses I might have.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 26, 2016, 01:16:46 pm »

I check on the subject who got IR vision, and if they're doing well I give IR vision to renegadelobster and add IR training to his regimen. I also check his progress to make sure he's benefiting from the post-implantation virus injections he and his body were given when they were separate entities. If he isn't getting the full effect, I give him another injection.

I also revisit my monster maker, improving upon the crude methods I used before. I've learned a lot since then. My goals are to make the transformation faster and more complete. I've managed quick growth before but I want to push it to the point where there are consequences. Pain and unpredictable growths are fine, as is a small amount of lethality, though if the transformation is too deadly it would hamper the subsequent rampage. I also touch up the mortar design, making it properly sized for renegadelobster to carry around.

I then request a variety of submachine and machine guns from the Company, for testing in the near future. As well as a range of heavy maces, with the smallest being about the largest size a human could wield with one arm. Tarantula isn't Brutus, but it can still handle pretty heavy weapons. I need to figure out what size exactly to get the best set of equipment I can. It's probably best to put this off at least a day, though, so renegadelobster can build a bit more coordination.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 26, 2016, 02:25:17 pm »

4 days until deadline.

Yes let's prank everyone.
Try this! Through what ever means possible

Well, scientist upgraded your body and permitted you to run wild, so maybe you have just enough time to find one of his competitors. By the way, you are now literally part of the combat body, and there's three of you. You very literally have case of split mind. Each of the brains in you is capable taking control anytime, so have fun roleplaying that.

But off into pranking round you go. You probably better leave the Particle Rifle behind... Nah, you'll shoot your way out if you get found out. Anyway, you found address of one target when you visited the main office. And let me tell how much attention it gets when two and half meter tall, heavily armored robot walks in with three meter long super weapon like a giant dick. Transformer-esque even, when you open all built in weapons in your arms, legs and head. And invisibility is fun trick too, it lets you walk around unseen, but you can't quite conceal your heavy steps. People hear you stomping in. Your extreme sensor suite makes world look like thermonuclear explosion of colors and sensations.

Fun times. Especially when new your body is so fast and you don't have to sleep. Location of your target is reached at late night. What kind of praks you were going to play?

Physical stuff is too slow! Release the nanite. Just replicate from some underground material, get some computronium up to speed things up, mine the needed material for my projects, and help with production. Presumably the nanites will be faster at enacting my physical plans.

Also, start converting the oceans and atmosphere into nanites. No one will notice probably, and that way I don't need to worry about sinkholes.

Priority 1: Grand Unified Theory of Everything: Develop a working understanding of all the things.
Priority 2: Wormholes
Priority 3: Fusion Power: The longer this takes the less appealing it looks, but abandoning it midway is also irritating.
Priority 4: Nuclear Transmutation: Material Shortages are for losers! Synthesize all the things! Vow vengeance against the company for limiting my genius by witholding the tech gifts I was planning to give them.

Nanites will be faster once you have sufficient quantity of them. They grow expotentionally, but starting with only one is still slow. Regardless it is a start. By next morning you have 5 meter wide shallow hole in the room you released nanite. By morning after that it probably has consumed 20 everything within one kilometer range, except powerlines that keep you alive.

Grand Unified Theory of Everything:
Now this is something grand. You spend good time trying to stick all your updated theories together but find they don't quite snuggle with each other nicely at all. Which doesn't suprise you at all. Then you modify theories in various ways hoping to come up with solution, but you only find more questions because even after modifications they don't fit together. This leads you to conclude there's a fairly large number of secrets uncovered. Science to do.

Wormholes:
Slloooooowwwllyyyy constructing exotic matter builder. That matter is absolutely necessary to hold wormhole open. At current rate it takes two days more before you can ditch this dirt hole.

Fusion Power:
Slloooooooooowwwwww. Man, you need your nanites already. Wish they were faster. Three days!

Nuclear Transmutation:
In theory nuclear transmutation is easy, just mess with these basic forces, toss energy here and matter there, and out comes whatever you want. It takes probably three days to build the transmuter.

On this new morning your nanites can participate construction. They can get two days worth of construction done in one day, but that means they are not duplicating during that time. So divide them as you see fit.

Yes let's prank everyone.

Your builder says otherwise, so guess you are not pranking anyone. You would activate every metal detector anywhere, thanks to nice metal coating inside your skull.

No, he doesn't. He's staying right here.

Manufacture the final exosuit thing, with the three brains he got as well as three generic test subject brains, fission reactor, terrorizer, and weapon hardpoints.

It took only two days to finalize the exosuit, discovering and fixing few mistakes in your earlier designs. Also connection port added into your soldier's head for the wired connection port. I think the exoskeleton used electric motors for mobility, right?

Unless I have mistaken, you still have one day saved for extra progress.

Get a ton of telescopes, binoculars, and body armor for central me too then. Make sure to practice with them so I'm adept with coordinating maneuvers and stuff.

Oh, also test out if VR-type gear that lets me see through a camera fully without any separation from a screen lets me teleport through placed cameras and such.

Like Oculus Rift-type stuff, though I know that's mostly amateur hour even for the Company, let alone the scientists.

VR stuff doesn't help. If photon wasn't directly reflected from the object before entering your eyes then you can't target it. Or so it appears within current knowledge

OPERATION: ALL-SEEING EYE

Step Nineteen, cont'd: you know something, that's not good enough. I want to print the mind of the EP onto a block of platinum-iridium for posterity. Git 'er done! Five days left, it's motherfucking crunch time now.

Step Twenty-One: something something do multitasking research if I have time.

OPERATION: RECYCLED NEURON has concluded, result: prototype memory erasure device is a go, yet another thing to add to my humble neurological portfolio.

Entire human mind with its extra features? That does make a good test case, answering questions "can block of metal host a mind" and "can I copy minds". Well, you work hard to get data from EP brain hoping it will be enough to get you started. You get roughly 90% of his neural connections recorded.

You know, you could sacrifice your sleepy time for progress with cost of chance for fucking up something important. Since it is a crunch time now...

OPERATION: RECYCLED NEURON

Humble? "By the way, I invented designable super powers. It's nothing much, don't mind about it. It's just a hobby..."

Quote from: NAV
Automatic Research

Spoiler: SECRET TECHNOLOGIES (click to show/hide)

I so want to find/build a EMP generator, but I can't do anything because GM keeps throwing stuff at me to prevent my actions from going through.

I totally forgot you. We have here so many posts and rolls going on that I totally forgot your plan. And it didn't help that I put you into separate file instead of using Ozarck's. Well, scientists do have higher priority until end of the month. And I said to remind me every day. Let's say you get in contact with suppliers and negotiate price, all without intervention from the company. Either you are lucky, or they are waiting for your move. So step 3 done. Except you better tell what kind of stuff you just bought.

But your scientist here has gone into full crazy mode... Does this warrant reprioritization of plans?

Keep getting used to the body. Test out any new senses I might have.

You get accustomed enough to walk and shove nutrient slurry in direction of your mouth.

You have 360° field of vision, pretty good hearing as you can determine direction of sound without moving at all. Sensing magnets is very funny feeling; you feel direction of magnetic lines moving and turning as you move and when magnetic object near you moves. Kind of tugging or vibrating feeling. Very weird sensation. Actually when you move around the building you can easily tell where power lines are in walls. On outside when it is dark you can even feel direction of Earth's magnetic fields, though it is very faint.

I check on the subject who got IR vision, and if they're doing well I give IR vision to renegadelobster and add IR training to his regimen. I also check his progress to make sure he's benefiting from the post-implantation virus injections he and his body were given when they were separate entities. If he isn't getting the full effect, I give him another injection.

I also revisit my monster maker, improving upon the crude methods I used before. I've learned a lot since then. My goals are to make the transformation faster and more complete. I've managed quick growth before but I want to push it to the point where there are consequences. Pain and unpredictable growths are fine, as is a small amount of lethality, though if the transformation is too deadly it would hamper the subsequent rampage. I also touch up the mortar design, making it properly sized for renegadelobster to carry around.

I then request a variety of submachine and machine guns from the Company, for testing in the near future. As well as a range of heavy maces, with the smallest being about the largest size a human could wield with one arm. Tarantula isn't Brutus, but it can still handle pretty heavy weapons. I need to figure out what size exactly to get the best set of equipment I can. It's probably best to put this off at least a day, though, so renegadelobster can build a bit more coordination.

He's doing pretty well. Soldier's regimen expanded. See his progress above. I'm assuming he got new injection after second transplantation.

Making Monster Maker transformation faster is easy, though reworking the system into smaller Tarantula portable is not as fastly done. Do you want to make any additional changes beyond speed? You could switch from epidermodysplasia verruciformis to real scales and larger body shape alterations beyond randomly protruding bone cancers. There's no limits what you can do here. Make affected people see Tarantula as safe parent figure who they shouldn't attack? Simply messing with pheromones should be enough for such effect.

Weapons will be delivered on next morning.

Spoiler: Addendum: GM note (click to show/hide)

((I think I'll need to clarify next time. I don't want precise math, I just literally have no idea how powerful the thing is, so I need to know what I can shoot with it. I.e. is it good against vehicles, and up to what range if it is. I've no idea how to phrase such a question without making it sound like, well, a Tinker question. :P
It's an unknown quantity, and someone needs to quantify it - and it probably shouldn't be me. :) ))

Also, Meshablov - Santa Claus will notice.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)

But I feel obligated to answer when I'm asked. You could ask "Can I skewer fifty people with this?" or "Does that guy behind armored car survive?" to which I can answer "yes" and "no" respectively.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 26, 2016, 02:49:57 pm »

Find the target, wait, move around his house occaisionaly, attempt to stay out of the way, mess with electronics to start hooking up his cd player, tv, computers, all of it so that,, at the press of a button, I can rick role him and burst into the room he is in uncloaked screaming "Oh Yeah!" With a glass of koolade in hand to give to him.
Also go steal files of the computers while I am it if I can

And maybe a few hapless victims while I am at it, err maybe not. Who told you to speak up?! We all agreed I was head mind. What was the vote? Two to one. Origional mind two, senority. But maybe kidnpping people wouldn't be good ideal, wasn't there that one thing about not harming other scientists? Yeah but I mean theft IS already harming them, besides we aren't taking a head scientist. Actualy we do we even need the bodies? Surely we just need their heads..let's just take the heads from those we are probably going to end upkilling when this goes to shit anyways. Agreed, other me, you agree? Yeah.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:06:17 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 26, 2016, 04:38:47 pm »

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 26, 2016, 04:45:30 pm »

Okay. I will attempt to phrase my questions in a less tinkery manner.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:39:48 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 26, 2016, 05:43:39 pm »

Step Nineteen, cont'd: see if I can print the mind of the EP onto the substrate! It's always helpful to have a psychic bar of metal around. Especially one as helpful as the EP.

Step Twenty-One: that multitasking thing is also probably important, but I only have so many days and honestly the JD is probably a better use of the funding anyway. Get to it if time permits.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 26, 2016, 05:47:19 pm »

Be helpful in any way I can!

Heck, if Doc wants I can replace some of his lab assistants doing nonvital work seeing as I can work much more efficiently than they can. Do all the grunt work for them and stuff. Filing papers, moving stuff, etc. Trying to speed up development.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 26, 2016, 06:29:26 pm »

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 26, 2016, 07:13:08 pm »

Arn't you suppose to do a super solder rollcall by now to see if their are openings?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 27, 2016, 12:51:44 am »

((This is ridiculously slow. Why?))

50% Nanites to self-replication, 50% to finishing Wormhole, meaning it should be finished today (2 days of building in one day/2, is one extra day of building in addition to my own building, and 2 days needed

Priority 1: Wormhole: Once it's done, spillover production goes to turning Mercury into a solar-powered mass of computronium. Send 10 nanites each to Luna, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. They are to spend 2 days just replicating then split their capacity 50/50 between replicating and producing computronium after that. Link everything together with some QE Comms
Priority 2: Grand Unified Theory of Everything
Priority 3: Mega-Scale Space Engineering: How to build space mega-projects
Priority 4: Free Energy: Probably something with Zero-Point energy. Break Thermodynamics

I assume the theory on Nuclear Transmutation and Fusion power is done. I don't see why I have to waste my time building actual facilities. Can make then later as needed with nanites.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:24:22 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 75