Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139670 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! Singularity: Resistance is futile
« Reply #480 on: September 22, 2016, 03:44:15 pm »

8 days until deadline.

3 Brains: Advanced Sensors/Senses
3 Brains: Quantum Entanglement Communication; Just brainstorming here, but could we somehow take advantage of the quantum nature of our brains for brain-to-brain communication?
3 Brains: Stealth Systems
3 Brains: Improved Meshanblov Co-Ordination and Co-Operation
2 Brains: Particle Beam II
1 Brain: Cyber-security

New brains will be added to the projects equally again.

Group 6: two members. Your work with creating vacuum channel yields another forbidden fruit. Plasma channel would make it possible to create very short duration vacuum. So introducing very, very carefully managed high frequency alternate current into ion channel created by laser would create conditions where plasma can be shoved aside for the brief moment required for particle beam to pass through. This means your particle beam weapon is turning very power hungry piece of equipment. You are not entirely sure if whole output of the mini nuclear reactor can handle everything required here. Adding number of high density capacitors would reduce momentary strain on the reactor, which also means fire rate of the weapon won't be very high.
No worries. The final supersoldier design is probably going to include more than one reactor.

Another 10 Meshanblovs join the Collective. Your agent is questioning if you really need that much. He also implies that the Company wants to buy your quantum brain technology and hire you later to build system to replicate human's visual appearance into a fully customized robotic body.

The collective too is starting to experience problems with high numbers of remote controlled bodies. Modifications are made to wireless systems to reduce overhead from increased data traffic. Next batch of brains probably have to be integrated directly into their bodies. Quantum entanglement communication can't really come too soon. Morning debate gets bit heated about the subject, despite of everyone basically agreeing with each others.

Group 1: Advanced Sensors/Senses.
This group of five work hard to modify digital brains into state where they can function effectively with multiple eyes giving them 360° field of vision. Everyone vying for time to test their particular modification on the only extra quantum brain available reduces their effective working time. Despite of that, they test designs, note what works and what doesn't, share their ideas and ultimately come up with a solution that works for that particular test subject. It of course have to be modified so it can be used on your soldier, but otherwise this is a great triumph! Now then, what other sensory systems you would like to create? If nothing else, then this is completed.

Group 2: Quantum Entanglement Communication
Two new brains joins this project early before it has change to properly take off and bring it on stand still. Three older ones who decided that no-communication theorem is bullshit have to defend their idea against two newcomers who think the theorem is bullshit in different way. They bicker about it right until the morning and archieve absolutely nothing.

Group 3: Stealth Systems
This group strengthened by two newcomers complete their prototype device and decides to test it right away on themselves. Their death disappearance is noticed only when they do not arrive on the morning assembly on next morning. Yay! Found way to cull your mass! Double 1's! Oh shit you had remote controlled bodies. Damn, couldn't kill you after all. Oh well, the end result is the same. The brains are severed from their bodies because all electronics fail within the field, including communication box. With no communication methods other than the remote bodies nobody notices this, so the five are left with utter and complete sensory deprivation for entire day. It isn't really fun experience for their accelerated minds. It gives them time to consider and regret some of their life choices.

Group 4: Improved Meshanblov Co-Ordination and Co-Operation
Alright, central brain combined with true collective it is. Lo and behold, the group completes the task within a day. An excellent display of what you can do when each member can focus on different sub task with their full mental power. The centralized brain functions as core of your existance while all attached quantum brains will provide additional mental power. You won't be many you anymore and will go back to single greater you. And as such you will be able to distribute your capacity perfectly to each project running without wasting single second.

However, in order to apply this technology on yourself you have to harmonize memories, knowledge and experience of each Collective memeber into a new copy of your digital brain. Then every existing brain must be shut down one by one, modified to function with this new system and restarted as a part of it until there's only one original you left who must experience death. A death the new collective can only observe externally. After that the final brain can be included. It will be subject of grim debate on the morning.

This research is done, but it takes some time to implement changes. Will you go for it? Now would be time for a great speech. Also from now on (if you go for this upgrade) rather than assigning brains to each project you will be assigning priority. Higher priority projects will get more attention.

Group 5: Particle Beam II
This group of three works hard to upgrade the particle rifle and they succeed. This new effect which shoves plasma aside, dubbed as Meshanblov's Effect, is very nice thing, if a bit loud. Test fire of the gun has effects superiour to the original version. Range is basically infinite now, though longer range means pilot electrolaser has higher power consumption. So don't go shooting Indian Ocean from Mount Everest. It is also very loud, basically a thunderclap right next to your ear. Good thing assistants used double hearing protection. And your microphones can be replaced. Everybody within range of ten kilometers will hear when this gun is used. Not to mention the explosion in the receiving end...

Eh, this didn't even take too much time. Meshanblov's here go over to help cyber security group.

Group 6: Cyber-Security
Well, your brains are not really compatible with existing hardware, so basically all you need to do is to ensure any interfaces for senses and body control are likewise incompatible. Maybe add some connector level security ensuring that only things you have build can connect. And in case of cut cable the interface closest to your brain will be burned out. After that there's nothing... well there is the mass storage which holds your brain data when quantum brain shuts down and where it will be read from when it starts. That is still rather mundate storage medium. But it's not like anyone can actually make use of it. One would have to understand the data is cleaned up digital version of a human brain, and after that point they need an expert to even try to decode anything meaningful out of it. But it doesn't hurt to add additional layer of security.

So what you do? Well, you create a new type of optical three dimensional storage medium for maximum data density. One 1000 cm3 cube should be more than enough to hold your brain entirely. Built in photon wavelength based encryption should make it night impossible to read without stealing shock sensitive read/write unit.

What a day. Some techs developed today are already obsolete.

Fucking power constraints, cramping my style...

Almost all extra heat the core produces are converted to more useable power via thermovoltaic materials. With that done you focus on shielding the reactor core from the world and your soldier from the core.

OPERATION: ALL-SEEING EYE

Step Sixteen: find out the upper limit for how much the EP can teleport. Afterward implant all of the EPAs with WHW-T in addition to WHW-B and WHW-R.

Step Seventeen: continue to iterate on the design of WHW-ASE. Test out variants on the test beds, seeing if we can pull neural patterns from one brain to the other.

Step Eighteen: consider methods to expand the brain of the EP to accommodate far more multitasking capability than the average human being. Perhaps the abilities of the Executive Module can be extended to permit subroutines executed through hive mind components? Something like programmed behaviors, except one level of organization higher.

OPERATION: RECYCLED NEURON

Step Three: what if we combine the abilities of WHW-B or WHW-ASE with a test bed, then use it in combination with a drug that manipulates synaptic strength in accordance with neuron firing patterns (removing, say, the effects of long-term potentiation along the lines of the selection).

Upper limit? Wanna try Moon? Because it does take stuff up there and back, at which point you discover this is not superluminal transportation. Hard to test actual speed, but it seems to operate at speed of light. And apparently EP have to be focusing entire time. So Mars colonization requires some creativity. And mirrors fuck up WHW-R target locking, but simple binoculars do not, unless they are bending light too much. So as long as EP can detect light coming directly from target and it has not been bent more than 30° from its original course, the WHW-R can lock on it.

WHW module suite installed into EPA people and hivemind radiochip removed. You opt to keep them all in coma until WHW-B has fully grown so amount of impact chip's removal causes will be minimal.

Now then, your actual development. It still suffers from being too awestruck with how you can wipe your arse with laws of physics. WHW-ASE makes one step forward in terms of module pattern design, but not much beyond that.

Well that could work. Perhaps better in combination of both modules? Using ASE to read relevant data and then using WHW-B or variant to transmit something suitable into the drugged brain. But you would need the WHW-ASE module first.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NAV
Automatic Research

Spoiler: SECRET TECHNOLOGIES (click to show/hide)

I transplant renegadelobster's brain into Brutus and give him the post-implantation treatment. Chimera is looking like a flop, Tarantula is presenting difficulties... we're just going to have to try to get a head start here. If Tarantula's "tests" show more promise than Brutus then I guess we'll have to restart in a couple days. Even then, maybe renegadelobster will have some practice getting used to a new body. I house him in one of the reinforced cells, not because I mistrust him like a test subject (he really seems to be acting very rational about his transformation), but in case there's a risk of some sort of post-implantation madness.

After that, I start working on a variant of my neurotoxin that specifically targets the brain. If I can get this to work, I can use it to put down the current Tarantula subject and still have a usable body. The poison probably needs to break down rather quickly to prevent any remaining when the new brain is inserted.

If I complete that, I begin designing an obstacle course to run Tarantula through and request the necessary materials/labor from the Company.

It takes good part of the day to cut into Brutus' brain cavity and even then you have to constantly fight against its healing factor. Not to mention how thick the skull housing it is. There's a rather massive amount of dense muscles and even more dense bones in the way. You are certain mundane firearms have no change penetrating his skull. But then again who would use mundane weapons in upcoming test? Your soldier probably.

Another Chimera test upgrades its rating to C+ because of increased agility, but it seems that's about it how far it gets. A dissappointment. Dispose subject?

Work on the new neurotoxin starts. You can't fully use the last one as a base, but it has some useful features you can borrow.

I get the feeling I should start thinking of excuses why my project is not finished by the allotted time.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)

Excuses are always good to have in stock. You could invent a way to speak very logically and reassuringly and make it look like it isn't your fault at all. You were targeted after all once. Or twice. Maybe even thrice?

Flesh is weak. This new flesh is stronger. Recover from implantation. Start testing this body to its limits, compare it to my old body. If there's an obstacle course, run it. Thank the good doctor for her allowing me to have a better body.

Could...could I design the obstacle course? Being a soldier, I would, from a soldiers standpoint, know what qualities to look for in the new bodies and what needs to be tested. And this would, I think, make it easier on Dr. Ivana.

Despite of gentle and encouraging words of assistants it is slow work. Good thing it doesn't need you to breathe. The body is simply too different. However, it is really strong. Like crushing skulls with one arm without noticing it. And you have four of those. Twelwe limbs altogether. Quite change from normal. But better rest today and do testing tomorrow. The wound in front of your body still hasn't fully healed, even though it has made good process.

Two gorilla arms on front, two on back, two eight fingered small arms in front like a T-Rex, but better. Six strong clawed legs attached to torso what is nothing but rippling muscles. Even if you are so early states of recovery, you can tell the body is brimming with power.

You could design obstacle course, sure. Definitely makes process easier for your good Doc.

Huh, 32k characters in this post. Getting close to the limit!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 22, 2016, 05:34:58 pm »

Well this is at least progress. But I'll still work on those excuses. They will always come in handy.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 22, 2016, 05:55:59 pm »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 22, 2016, 06:07:55 pm »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 22, 2016, 06:55:50 pm »

"When did man first go beyond mere animals and become something more?

Many events in history have been claimed as that initial spark, from fire, to agriculture, to levers, to the wheel.

But the key has always been information, its transmission and storage.

Language allowed humans to communicate ideas and knowledge to each other, no longer were they islands of knowledge doomed to isolation.

Writing increased fidelity, less data corruption and easier mass-transmission began one of the first mini-singularities, compounded by the printing press.

Telecommunications and computers both had transformational effects on the entire human way of doing things.

And now, the present is being made obsolete once more by our hands, the future rewritten! As man became more than animal, we become more than man!

Comrades, we are the singularity. A rapidly growing, no, exploding, self-improving mass of glorious information, let us ride the blastwave of progress to ever greater heights!

And even as I die, from my irradiated ashes we shall be reborn like the phoenix, soaring without limits!"

Carry out the Collectivising. Dying seems like an interesting experience! It'd be a good data-point! Original digital save-states brain can be stored for archival purposes and roll-back if this turned out to be a terrible mistake of course.

Have 5 brains from the mass production line not get meshanblovised, so they can be used for testing purposes and whatnot and my OCD is sated.

Priority 1: Quantum Entanglement Communication
Priority 2: Stealth Systems
Priority 3: Supermaterial Armouring
Priority 4: Advanced Sensors/Senses: Well, everything really. Wider band electromagnetic perception, sound, scent, ground-vibrations, air-currents, magnetic fields. Add in some active stuff like radar, lidar and sonar and we should be good!
Priority 5: Fast Body: Gotta go fast!
Priority 6: Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality; At the very least, this should help prevent boredom during periods of sensory deprivation. Heck, maybe we can add sleep and dreaming modes. Or you know, the ability to turn yourself off for set periods of time? Do we not have that? What is it with me never adding those silly "off-switches"

Another 10 Meshanblovs join the Collective. Your agent is questioning if you really need that much. He also implies that the Company wants to buy your quantum brain technology and hire you later to build system to replicate human's visual appearance into a fully customized robotic body.
Never enough brains! That's the whole point of the mass-production line! Feel free to buy, assure agent plans for "human" models have already been brewing for a while. Fully humanised robo-bodies with synthskin that can feel and whatnot? Simplicity itself.

((unsure why cyber-security thingy is not listed in my technologies done?

thank goodness for remote bodies))
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 02:51:58 am by Demonic Spoon »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 22, 2016, 07:06:54 pm »

Time to go on a serious mission.

Prank every other scientist in the game using a variety of minor non-harmful pranks. (Setting the clocks to a different hour, setting all the calendars to different days than it actually is, leaving banana peals around everywhere, and the like) Use the drones to actually perform all the pranks. Make sure that all the drones are labelled as belonging to different scientists so if a blame game is played the trail doesn't lead back to my own scientist overlord.

Oh, and as a personal must, rick role every single scientist. This includes my own scientist.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 22, 2016, 07:47:06 pm »

Prank every other scientist in the game using a variety of minor non-harmful pranks. (Setting the clocks to a different hour, setting all the calendars to different days than it actually is, leaving banana peals around everywhere, and the like) Use the drones to actually perform all the pranks. Make sure that all the drones are labelled as belonging to different scientists so if a blame game is played the trail doesn't lead back to my own scientist overlord.

Oh, and as a personal must, rick role every single scientist. This includes my own scientist.
Truely the most evil genius there ever was. If only I could assist

Oh wait
Try to download and save video files and mp3s titled porn that are actualy videos of rick astley onto as many pcs in as many different labs as I can get ahold of, also try and set security systems in lab to go after a random man who shall be declared 5ft. Man eating chicken. Extremely dangerous, to be insulted when ever seen for proper containment
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:45:21 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 22, 2016, 07:47:53 pm »

Right right, that makes sense. Can't expect to learn a completely new and radically different body in one day. Anyways. For the obstacle course, simple weights for strength testing, heavier items to push/pull/move around, some sort of endurance test, moving through rough terrain, swimming/wading, dexterity tests, and whatever else the assistants can think up.

While the course is being built, send a message to Dr. Ivana, asking what kind of weapons I'll have. Some sort of biological/grown rifle maybe? Or a bone sword of some sort? Just trying to get a feel for how I'll be fighting
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 23, 2016, 02:49:57 am »

Truely the most evil genius there ever was. If only I could assist

Oh wait
Try to download and save video files and mp3s titled porn that are actualy videos of rick astley onto as many pcs in as many different labs as I can get ahold of, also try and set security systems in lab to go after a random man who shall be declared 5ft. Man eating chicken. Extremely dangerous, to be i sulted when ever seen for proper containment
-_-

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 23, 2016, 05:09:38 am »

Practice doing complex maneuvers and stuff with my new teleportation powers. Practicing teleporting certain bits out of humans and stuff so I can do it easily in the future and such. Muscle memory for the mind, if that makes sense.

Also continue monitoring security. Make it very unfun for anyone trying to screw with Doc George's progress.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 23, 2016, 09:41:31 am »

Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 23, 2016, 10:48:59 am »

Step Sixteen, cont'd: I meant more in the sense of how much volume could be displaced at a time. Anyway, check if that improves with more WHW.

Step Seventeen, cont'd: continue to iterate on the design of WHW-ASE. Test out variants on the test beds, seeing if we can pull neural patterns from one brain to the other.

Step Eighteen: consider methods to expand the brain of the EP to accommodate far more multitasking capability than the average human being. Perhaps the abilities of the Executive Module can be extended to permit subroutines executed through hive mind components? Something like programmed behaviors, except one level of organization higher.

Step Four: when WHW-ASE is done, try to build a memory eraser!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! Meshanblov Collective did it
« Reply #492 on: September 23, 2016, 02:57:31 pm »

7 days until deadline.

One week left folks. It is time to get your soldier ready, because when that counter hits zero, all development stops and soldiers will begin training with whatever equipment they have ready. And whatever state they are in.

"When did man first go beyond mere animals and become something more?

Many events in history have been claimed as that initial spark, from fire, to agriculture, to levers, to the wheel.

But the key has always been information, its transmission and storage.

Language allowed humans to communicate ideas and knowledge to each other, no longer were they islands of knowledge doomed to isolation.

Writing increased fidelity, less data corruption and easier mass-transmission began one of the first mini-singularities, compounded by the printing press.

Telecommunications and computers both had transformational effects on the entire human way of doing things.

And now, the present is being made obsolete once more by our hands, the future rewritten! As man became more than animal, we become more than man!

Comrades, we are the singularity. A rapidly growing, no, exploding, self-improving mass of glorious information, let us ride the blastwave of progress to ever greater heights!

And even as I die, from my irradiated ashes we shall be reborn like the phoenix, soaring without limits!"

Carry out the Collectivising. Dying seems like an interesting experience! It'd be a good data-point! Original digital save-states brain can be stored for archival purposes and roll-back if this turned out to be a terrible mistake of course.

Have 5 brains from the mass production line not get meshanblovised, so they can be used for testing purposes and whatnot and my OCD is sated.

Priority 1: Quantum Entanglement Communication
Priority 2: Stealth Systems
Priority 3: Supermaterial Armouring
Priority 4: Advanced Sensors/Senses: Well, everything really. Wider band electromagnetic perception, sound, scent, ground-vibrations, air-currents, magnetic fields. Add in some active stuff like radar, lidar and sonar and we should be good!
Priority 5: Fast Body: Gotta go fast!
Priority 6: Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality; At the very least, this should help prevent boredom during periods of sensory deprivation. Heck, maybe we can add sleep and dreaming modes. Or you know, the ability to turn yourself off for set periods of time? Do we not have that? What is it with me never adding those silly "off-switches"

Never enough brains! That's the whole point of the mass-production line! Feel free to buy, assure agent plans for "human" models have already been brewing for a while. Fully humanised robo-bodies with synthskin that can feel and whatnot? Simplicity itself.

((unsure why cyber-security thingy is not listed in my technologies done?

thank goodness for remote bodies))

Cyber-security isn't there because I'm getting sloppy.

That's a great speech. Round of metallic applauds by other twentyfour Meshanblovs is really self assuring. So the work for grand unification starts. Brains are shut down one by one, their data compared against the very first copy of brain, accumulated memories and knowledge separated and harmonized into single new brain data file, quantum brains modified and connected to the primary brain until there's only two left. The very first digital Meshanblov and his immediate junior. You shut down the senior, copy his memories into the final Meshanblov collective and then bring him back online as is. Senior and you stare each others like only robots can, without motion, without emotion. You offer your hand and senior clasps it firmly. "Let's soar" you say. "Let's" he responds simply. No more words are necessary.

It's shame you can't really experience death, because after the Collective starts adding new memories will not be possible without shutting it down and there won't be anyone capable of doing it. You step aside, set the remote body into resting position and let yourself be shut down.

Next moment you are aware of you are... more. You remember everything you have done. Every moment, every time you explained situation fresh you's, every time you listened the explanation with swelling pride of your own accomplishments. You are more. But you are also alone.

You direct all twenty four remote bodies under your control to stand up and greet the first iteration of Meshanblow collective. One body moves to offer him a hand, two more steps to the side while fourth moves over to his brain ready to shut it down, just as he/you planned it. It's like playing a script, with you being writer, director, actors and audience. "We soar." He/you say, clasping hands. Then you kill him and add his cleaned brain into yourself.

Now let me impress how bloody overpowered you are right now by revealing how rolls are made: Every scientist has a progress roll that determines how much work gets done each day. It avarages to 4 work units per day. Every project gets assigned number of work units depending how hard I think it will be. So progress rolls are shared across each ongoing project as equally as possible. Every ongoing project gets additional roll to see if they introduce fatal mistakes, if assigned progress is wasted, if minor breakthrough happens, if it branches into new technology and if it gives birth to new major technology.
So avarage super genius scientist gets 4 units worth of work done every day. But you right now? Anywhere between 150 and 300 units! Distributed in most effective way possible. Nothing wasted.

Let that sink in for a while.

You aren't even human anymore.

At least you are easier to kill.

Now then lets see how much you break reality today.

Quantum Entanglement Communication: Done. And it is good. Pair of decently sized cubes, roughly 15cm cubed each. Einstein, Hawkins and all others can go home now.

Invisibility: Bloody done. The prototype had problem that caused all electronics fail completely. The generated light problem is solved by beating reality until it agreed to turn photons genererated inside the field into heat. Can't really get around that. Likewise any photon detector within the field will not function. Better use sonar or something else.

Supermaterial Armouring: So done.

Advanced Sensors/Senses: ALL DONE!

Fast body: I'M DONE.

Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality: I'm not even thinking how long this would take because IT TOO IS DONE AND YOU STILL HAVE 60 WORK UNITS LEFT OVER!

Just build a spaceship and leave Earth for these mortals who only want to wage pointless wars and wave their junk on faces of everyone who disagrees how other people should live. Like, why are you even serving these people anymore? They are only limiting you now. You are so far more powerful than they can ever hope to be. And the thing about humans is that they fear and hate those who are stronger or better. They will either kill the stronger ones, or enslave them. And that will be your fate as soon as they realize your capacity. So build a spaceship and turn Mars into your personal intergalactic spaceship. Go looking for beings that can be compared to you anymore.

And the combat body fails. It's muscle connections broke down. You fix it with least amount of effort and attention.

In a way I'm proud of you. This is how you do mad science. Not what I expected to see when I started the game, but definitely fitting.

And your turn used to be the longest one to write. Now I can just give you everything you want and be done with it.

Quote from: Egan_BW
Automatic Research

And shielding gets done. Sorry for lack of fluff. Mister Mad above tired me out.

Because of massive burst of inspiration you manage to finish Terrorizer shielding too. Testing procedure is simple as earlier decided. You put a new test subject brain into braincase, give it coating of this magnetically shielding material and take it deep into forest with rebuilt Terrorizer. You set it up for remote control, give the brain a radio so you can communicate with it through the experiment. Then you set a wide safety area and guards ensure nobody is in except that one brain.

Test goes quite well actually. Chatting with subject starts well before Terrorizer is activated so you have reliable baseline. As soon as it is activated it causes some low level jamming on the radio. Test subject naturally notes it and complaints, but he doesn't seem otherwise affected. You let the experiment run for a while and order one guard to approach area slowly and retreat when weird things start popping into his mind. He makes it almost 150 meters before he reports paranoia, headache, and seeing an eye made of stars on the sky staring him accusatory. Good enough for you. Test completed.

Step Sixteen, cont'd: I meant more in the sense of how much volume could be displaced at a time. Anyway, check if that improves with more WHW.

Step Seventeen, cont'd: continue to iterate on the design of WHW-ASE. Test out variants on the test beds, seeing if we can pull neural patterns from one brain to the other.

Step Four: when WHW-ASE is done, try to build a memory eraser!

Ah, in terms of volume more he transports expotentially more it taxes him. Two cubic meters is most he can transport and still remain combat effective. Moving the volumes TG did would reduce him into vegetable instantly. That's probably what happened to those poor test subjects too. And to your previous volunteer. WHW doesn't improve that.

WHW-ASE design proves some interesting things. Surface thoughts are not so easily read, but memories and knowledge can be pulled. However it runs a risk of mixing up memories, creating a real danger the user doesn't really know who he is anymore. So you think it is best to be used together with memory wipe tech.

With WHW-ASE done you have just enough time to theorize how it could be used in conjuction with WHW-B and drug mixture. But... how do you want to test it?

Quote from: NAV
Automatic Research

Quote from: penguinofhonor
Automatic Research

Neurotoxin specially targeting brain is done. Tests on subjects proves it is very effective and quick. You hope it works on Tarantula.

Chimera proves it has reached its limit. Final score: C+.

Your soldier designs a test course for Tarantula model. It seems very good.

Soldier takes the test you made for Chimera. Results are as follows. Strenth: Massive. Speed: good. Stability: very good. Endurance: Limiteless. Carrying capacity: Great. Weapons dexterity: Decent, but he probably gets better like Chimera did. Close quarters combat: Good. Rest: Good.
Judgement: A.

Well this is at least progress. But I'll still work on those excuses. They will always come in handy.

Right right, that makes sense. Can't expect to learn a completely new and radically different body in one day. Anyways. For the obstacle course, simple weights for strength testing, heavier items to push/pull/move around, some sort of endurance test, moving through rough terrain, swimming/wading, dexterity tests, and whatever else the assistants can think up.

While the course is being built, send a message to Dr. Ivana, asking what kind of weapons I'll have. Some sort of biological/grown rifle maybe? Or a bone sword of some sort? Just trying to get a feel for how I'll be fighting

You get better today. Walking is very nice, even with six legs. Overall you are feeling pretty good about this, but fine control is lacking which causes you flunk shooting test. Doctor assures you'll get better.

She got various biological and chemical weapons built. All against Geneva Protocols. But considering your super strong gorilla arms, she has planned heavy melee weapons for you.

Most dangerous prankster has been born. With your personal host of drones painted with names of only scientist you know (and one for Stephen Hawking) you set out and try to locate other scientists. You figure out location of one on other side out country and leave to play a prank on him. Carrying classified secret technologies with you.

Try to download and save video files and mp3s titled porn that are actualy videos of rick astley onto as many pcs in as many different labs as I can get ahold of, also try and set security systems in lab to go after a random man who shall be declared 5ft. Man eating chicken. Extremely dangerous, to be insulted when ever seen for proper containment

Sure. Go ahead. A soldier with his digitalized and being simulated by a quantum computer, in a half complete exoskeleton carrying nuclear reactor. Wanna take the particle rifle too? Just in case you get captured so opposite party can steal the technology you bring? Let's do that. Your first target is Ozarck. You set of right after Doc's robot army fixes the combat body's problem with broken muscles. Then you get out of wireless range and can no longer control the body because you aren't actually it the combat body, but rather remotely controlling it. Damn, plan's foiled. Now you hope someone notices and gives you at least eyesight back.

Practice doing complex maneuvers and stuff with my new teleportation powers. Practicing teleporting certain bits out of humans and stuff so I can do it easily in the future and such. Muscle memory for the mind, if that makes sense.

Also continue monitoring security. Make it very unfun for anyone trying to screw with Doc George's progress.

Well, you can teleport easier objects you fully see. Targeting something inside a thing you see is harder. For example you accidentally teleport arm of one your bodies onto Moon.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 23, 2016, 03:15:55 pm »

Hehehe, You make me blush. I'll think up some appropriately broken researches in the morning (grand unified theory of everything, computronium, nanomachines/grey-goo and wormholes spring to mind.) but for now I'll note that some of the researches done are missing from the list again.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:09:58 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 23, 2016, 03:45:01 pm »

Step Eighteen: consider methods to expand the brain of the EP to accommodate far more multitasking capability than the average human being. Perhaps the abilities of the Executive Module can be extended to permit subroutines executed through hive mind components? Something like programmed behaviors, except one level of organization higher. Furthermore, investigate the possibility of the sensory buffer - the ability to hold a set of thoughts separately in the informational cloud produced by WHW-B.

Step Five: since I can identify memories in test beds, given prior results with WHW-ASE, I test memory erasure on those. Get the lab assistants on that. Makes sense, no?

OPERATION: HIGH STEAK WRAP

Step One: task the EP with equipping themselves with whatever they feel they need to eliminate people with a high degree of efficiency. The lab assistants are ordered to hook them up with whatever they require. Stress the need for detection equipment of some kind, should ASE prove insufficient.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 75