Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139071 times)

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! Crimes against everything
« Reply #225 on: August 30, 2016, 03:21:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 30, 2016, 04:11:38 pm »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 30, 2016, 04:12:06 pm »

Stand guard over the base if possible
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 30, 2016, 04:37:03 pm »

Neat. Start poring over the Terrible Glory design, matching the observed behaviors to capabilities built into the design itself.

Also see if I can cap the maximum mental sharing of the hive mind to leave some space for further commands. Redesign the chips appropriately.

Point to non-smoking crater as evidence of results as I procure a new lab.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 30, 2016, 04:45:07 pm »

Be deep in mad-sciencing.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 30, 2016, 04:52:09 pm »

Damn it. Maybe I should deal with this other distraction before I delve back into fleshcraft. It'll give my mind some time to rest.

I try to figure out what's up with the gorilla arm guy. I give him treatment if I think there's an easy way to help, but I do not invest much of my time into healing him. After all, I can probably learn a lot from an autopsy.

And that'll have to be enough of a break. I'm too anxious to complete this. I dive back into fleshcraft. If the samples I requested have arrived, I study them and devise experiments based on what I learn. If I don't have the samples, I continue my current line of experiments trying to get people to grow extra bits more precisely.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 30, 2016, 04:56:49 pm »

Send a nice letter to whoever it is who invented this panacea stuff. Good to have depth perception again.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 30, 2016, 06:31:43 pm »

Excuse me, but where are the results of my action? In the previous turn, you said my results would show up the next day.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 30, 2016, 06:34:44 pm »

((Will there be another round of this after October first?))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 30, 2016, 09:21:26 pm »

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 31, 2016, 12:11:45 am »

Excuse me, but where are the results of my action? In the previous turn, you said my results would show up the next day.

Oh crap I forgot, sorry.

((Will there be another round of this after October first?))

October starts with soldiers - barely resembling human - beating living daylight out of each other. After that the game is over. If I feel good enough about it, there may or may not be second round. Currently I cannot say.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 03:14:04 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 31, 2016, 01:37:02 am »

Get your head back in the game Meshanblov! You're wasting valuable time that could reward you with a nigh unlimited research budget!

Name the alloy Meshanite
Continue researching Quantum brains and reactor
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:39:02 am by Demonic Spoon »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 31, 2016, 04:11:03 pm »

30 days until deadline

Stand guard over the base if possible

Very possible, but nobody is bothering you or the compound today.

Get your head back in the game Meshanblov! You're wasting valuable time that could reward you with a nigh unlimited research budget!

Name the alloy Meshanite
Continue researching Quantum brains and reactor

Blatantly taking credits for the work others did, just like Thomas Edison. No doubt you will be succesful and well respected among your peers.

Alright, quantum brain. Primary problem is to figure how to make use qubits properly for computing purposes. Actually that's not hard at all, it takes you fifty A4's scribbled full semi complex math and tiny drawings to see how simple it actually is. Hardest part is building important parts and somehow construct them in pattern that can simulate a brain.

Getting rid of excess heat of reactor is done, though frankly it is better if your soldier is never deployed on hot deserts. Cooler ambient heat makes it easier to transfer heat out and less prone for overheating. Having alternative way to employ heat would be great. Now then, neutron shielding. Those pesky things are difficult to deal with.

Send a nice letter to whoever it is who invented this panacea stuff. Good to have depth perception again.

Your missing arm has regenerated from last morning right under elbow, which is probably the reason you are feeling so famished. Hunger simply doesn't disappear, regardless how much you eat. So your "thank you" letter has slightly bitter tone and is covered in greasy fingerprints.

Neat. Start poring over the Terrible Glory design, matching the observed behaviors to capabilities built into the design itself.

Also see if I can cap the maximum mental sharing of the hive mind to leave some space for further commands. Redesign the chips appropriately.

Point to non-smoking crater as evidence of results as I procure a new lab.

Agent comes over, looks over the crater, makes few calls and says they'll get you a new lab tomorrow. Hopefully you don't mind traveling for 10 hours in a car. He's hiding it well, but he has the looks of a kid who found out where his christmas presents are hidden. Is it because you have produced something weaponizable, or because he just found out psychic powers are real, you can't tell.

While assistants are packing things and moving subjects you put your mind into uncovering secrets of terrible glory. Too bad the subject didn't survive. It would have been great to peek into their skull. Anyway, the module connects to visual cortex, which explains whole "light" thing. Partially at least. Very small portion actually. Hmm.

Hive minds... oh, the chips can transmit even more data so it isn't problem of capacity, more like hive mind reached its intented state. Subjects' behaviour mirrors this; when they actually decide to do something they do so in perfect unison. Mostly they simply sit and stare floor, though.

Spoiler: SECRET TECHNOLOGIES (click to show/hide)

Damn it. Maybe I should deal with this other distraction before I delve back into fleshcraft. It'll give my mind some time to rest.

I try to figure out what's up with the gorilla arm guy. I give him treatment if I think there's an easy way to help, but I do not invest much of my time into healing him. After all, I can probably learn a lot from an autopsy.

And that'll have to be enough of a break. I'm too anxious to complete this. I dive back into fleshcraft. If the samples I requested have arrived, I study them and devise experiments based on what I learn. If I don't have the samples, I continue my current line of experiments trying to get people to grow extra bits more precisely.

Importance of figuring out what's going on with gorillaman increases suddenly because your volunteering soldier falls ill, showing same symptoms. You can probably get another soldier to work with if he dies, but in first day your agent made it clear you should avoid deaths of employees. Actually the fact that renegadelobster got ill helps you to narrow down probable cause considerably, because only thing common between him and gorillaman is the regenerative healing treatment. Which reminds you that yesterday you sent two doses of it to the very valuable company employee. This is kinda bad.

Let's see, gorillaman received his dose seven days ago and renegadelobster 5 days ago, so symptoms appear consistantly five days after injection. Two points of data doesn't make it very reliable estimate, but that's all you have. And that means you have four days to come up with an counter agent before you inadvertently cause big losses for the company. As much as they are willing to invest into you, that probably goes to the borderline if you are worth of it. So! Work!

You take many samples from the gorilla man, your soldier and the other multibodied test subject who also received a dose and start studying them. It becomes obvious that gorillaman is good as dead. Cancer has spread on almost all cells in his body and is effectively killing him. Probably won't last more than 20 hours, if even that. No traces of cause. Which means renegadelobster has only one day left before his death is basically guaranteed, assuming cancer progresses at same rate. Damn.

Renegadelobsters samples are more eyeopening. You find traces of panacea pathogen destroying viruses but not a single living sample of the actual virus. Panacea is that good. Ironically it actually hinders your work. What a pain. Now siamese triplets sample provides you the answer. A mutated form of your designer "healing" virus seems to be multiplying and boosting division rates across all cells it gets in. It is in process of steadily mutating more dangerous form, but is not yet designated as a problem by panacea. Only good thing about this is that it doesn't appear spreading outside of host organism. That would have been very bad.

This means fixing your regeneration virus is easy. Stopping existing viruses is not. Or, well, you could create more paranoid version of panacea, especially tailored against this one. That's your key to ensure your continued funding, so you focus on that. Progess it painfully slow because you need to adjust panacea V2 to very fine point of identifying troublesome series of mutations in the virus without making it go equally berserk.

You very carefully ignore the matter with soldier. You could probably make another modified virus to rever changes made by previous one, but that could simply cause cascading series more fatal and troubling diseases. You shove the idea out of your mind for now. Funding is more important than replaceable soldiers.

Be deep in mad-sciencing.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 31, 2016, 04:18:10 pm »

Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 31, 2016, 04:47:06 pm »

Gah. I hate wasting time fixing my own fuckups.

I dedicate as much of the day as necessary to creating the counter-virus to prevent this from happening. If I complete it I give it to the Agent for this mysterious individual. If I have more time left today, I see what I can do for renegadelobster.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 75