Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139065 times)

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! Crimes against everything
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2016, 04:43:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2016, 04:46:48 pm »

Oh, and I'll give everyone permission to gaze upon my turn, and despair.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2016, 05:05:13 pm »

really?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2016, 05:19:34 pm »

Just this one~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2016, 05:26:17 pm »

Eh, find decent corporate encryption for the hive mind modules and don't really bother more than that. This is more a proof of concept.

Anyway, how's my Terrible Glory coming along? Any fascinating phenomena observed yet?

Then start testing the possibilities of the hive mind module in terms of suggestion, cooperation and more.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2016, 05:31:15 pm »

dear lord!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2016, 06:00:47 pm »

Spoiler: actual action (click to show/hide)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 29, 2016, 06:05:39 pm »

((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 29, 2016, 07:07:06 pm »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 29, 2016, 10:01:21 pm »

Bah, so many distractions. I'll deal with the sick subject later; that technology might be unnecessary soon anyway.

I tell the company I'll offer them my panacea and cancer healing, and create a dose of each if that is needed. I also mention that some additional testing resources would be a great way to compensate me for my time, as I am on the verge of a big breakthrough and all. Perhaps some tissue samples from people with rare conditions, especially anything growth-related. I'm not demanding payment, just making sure the idea gets put out there.

If there's still time in the day, I delve back into my work on fleshcraft. These effects are highly educational, but I need something fit for war.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:03:11 pm by penguinofhonor »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 29, 2016, 10:02:49 pm »

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2016, 12:08:18 am »

Meshanblov muttered in dissatisfaction, "If the simulations are to be believed the particle beam is far too limited. This will have to be worked on. But later, as always"

"Now what useless garbage has my supersoldier stolen from my inferiors. I'd be surprised if they even managed to do anything of value in such a short time period"

Examine the USB contents. Be prepared to laugh condescendingly

Continue working on the reactor. Heat can be a source of energy and a weapon. Plus the robo-body should have a higher heat tolerance than something organic

Continue working on the Quantum Brain

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 30, 2016, 03:39:47 am »

A thought occurs on reviewing the accumulated research data and lab conditions.

"If it wasn't for the super-soldier research, this lab could make a decent profit as an official R&D organization. Wonder what the Company would think of that."

Ponder.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2016, 03:03:12 pm »

31 days until deadline

Meshanblov muttered in dissatisfaction, "If the simulations are to be believed the particle beam is far too limited. This will have to be worked on. But later, as always"

"Now what useless garbage has my supersoldier stolen from my inferiors. I'd be surprised if they even managed to do anything of value in such a short time period"

Examine the USB contents. Be prepared to laugh condescendingly

Continue working on the reactor. Heat can be a source of energy and a weapon. Plus the robo-body should have a higher heat tolerance than something organic

Continue working on the Quantum Brain

First thing on the USB is technical specifications for a type of electroactive polymer and blueprints for production. By specs it is nothing to laugh at, thin strands can excert considerable amount of strength depending on the way electricity is flowing, meaning it can both pull and push based on input. Strength by volume is greater than in your cells, however your artificial muscle cells less prone for wearing themselves out.

Second thing is unnamed alloy. Half the density of strongest steel yet strength far beyond. Clearly superiour material for any structural support purposes. Actually it's superiour material for many purposes. Production notes mentions high temperatures required for production, so it will be a bit of pain to produce. Structure on molecular level is quite interesting too, because there isn't any iron involved. It's... not bad. Nothing you couldn't come up by yourself, but not bad. Most useful out of all techs here.

Third is design for small fuel cell and its rather toxic fuel. It doesn't come close to capacity of your fission reactor, but then again the myomers are somewhat energy efficient. You could presume your rival doesn't intend to use any high power weapons, or these are for separate devices. It unfortunately doesn't come with notes what these are planned to be used for, nor any other higher level designs.

It's one of those days again. You know, those when your brain doesn't quite work right. Perhaps it is occupational hazard of super geniuses like yourself, or perhaps you just didn't get enough sleep. At best you can think how to direct heat on demand for another systems, but that doesn't really help. Well, it does, but not as much as you would like to.

Spoiler: actual action (click to show/hide)

Eh, find decent corporate encryption for the hive mind modules and don't really bother more than that. This is more a proof of concept.

Anyway, how's my Terrible Glory coming along? Any fascinating phenomena observed yet?

Then start testing the possibilities of the hive mind module in terms of suggestion, cooperation and more.

Sure, decent encryption added. Into the design. Opening skulls of your subjects to physically alter chips is a bit too much effort. Waste of time too.

It takes until noon before hiveminded test subjects start to exhibit differences in behaviour, so until then your work is primarily hypothetical. It starts with uncoordinated movements, like someone going over to sink with a cup, putting it under faucet and then different person in another part of room moving their hand like turning water on. Very soon they stop talking to each other and simply sit.

While this happens, data observed from transmissions don't make much of sense. You can barely indentify who's transmitting, and when amount of transferred signals grow expotentionally it gets even harder. Data transfer thankfully peaks after hour or so you can only presume they have reached the maximum shared mental state. Any attempts to inject your own transmissions results bodies twitching until you stop. Hmph. Annoying.

Somewhere along the line you are notified about irregular behaviour in your terrible glory subject. Complains about temperature and music (which was not provided). You are occupied with translating hivemind data so you let it be for now. Doesn't sound very interesting, only hallucinations. You tell the assistant to keep you updated about further irregularities.

Later on evening when you have had just enough of fruitless work with hivemind, assistants tell that people observing the Terrible Glory are experiencing shared hallucinations. Such as gates of light opening behind the subject, blinding creatures entering through and subject starting to glow. They can tell these are hallucinations because cameras show nothing of the kind. That's when the intercom call is cut off and white light starts shining through walls. Few seconds later it ends as suddenly as it began leaving spots in your eyes. You hurry to the observation room and only after few steps you can tell it no longer exists. It and a good portion of your lab is gone, perfectly cylinderical area cut out.

Rest of evening is dedicated for figuring out what the actual fuck happened there. You have no recordings from the observation room because both cameras and the computer their feed was recorded on have disappeared. One security camera from hallway leading to disappeared area recorded single frame of whiteness, so you can presume at least some of the light was real. There's very little to study other than the hole left behind, and from that you can tell few things; whatever it was, it cut things down on molecular level and the hole is perfectly cylinderic. No radiation in any spectrum. No traces of exotic materials any more than is naturally present. Nothing. Only a hole in ground.

Well that sucks. You need a new lab. And few new assistants. It seems few of them are missing.

((You dodged a bullet here.))

Spoiler: SECRET TECHNOLOGIES (click to show/hide)

Bah, so many distractions. I'll deal with the sick subject later; that technology might be unnecessary soon anyway.

I tell the company I'll offer them my panacea and cancer healing, and create a dose of each if that is needed. I also mention that some additional testing resources would be a great way to compensate me for my time, as I am on the verge of a big breakthrough and all. Perhaps some tissue samples from people with rare conditions, especially anything growth-related. I'm not demanding payment, just making sure the idea gets put out there.

If there's still time in the day, I delve back into my work on fleshcraft. These effects are highly educational, but I need something fit for war.

Naturally. Ask and you shall receive. The agent mentions that the wounded employee is missing entire arm, so you pack him an extra dose in case one is not enough. You haven't really tested it on so extensive damage.

Of course there's aplenty of time left so you focus on the study. Or try to. The interruption has completely broken your focus, unhinged your train of thought. All you manage is writing two more pages for your hypothesis. Assistants sense your annoyance and report status of the gorillaman on a paper. Apparently cancer has spread on his whole skin and is spreading on all internal organs.

A thought occurs on reviewing the accumulated research data and lab conditions.

"If it wasn't for the super-soldier research, this lab could make a decent profit as an official R&D organization. Wonder what the Company would think of that."

Ponder.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)

What would they think? Well, they probably already have R&D department. Considering their ability to get things fast it's probably a grade above usual level. But if you were member of it, it would rise twenty five grades higher overnight. And considering they want super-soldiers, they clearly make profit from war. Weapons traficking would make sense, expanding with your work into mercenary business. Or they are a government subsidiary, preparing for war. Either way, military technology is clearly their greatest interest.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2016, 03:21:00 pm »

doble post.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 75